VolNaTion shutdown?

AirVol

Let’s go Brandon
Can VN handle the 15000 that will be on here on Saturday after the Vols beat the Gators?

In the past, I've experienced problems on VN.

Freak and Mods, keep up the good work!! GBO!!

Reactions: 2 people
I'll never forget that. I was losing my mind not being able to get on VN. It was when I first realized I was addicted to this place! :)

Lane Kiffin was what let me find out about VN tbh. I wanted to know if the blackout rumors were true for the Halloween USCe game and google directed me here. I just never bothered to make an account until two years later.

I was 13 in 2009 when I found out about this place, and have had an account since age 15.

Last edited:
Can VN handle the 15000 that will be on here on Saturday after the Vols beat the Gators?

This year will be different. Freak is requiring people to pass a blood alcohol content test prior to log in. Anything above 0.08 and they will be locked out for 24 hours.

Freak's internal numbers project 32 logged in at post game.

Lane Kiffin leaving is what led me to this site. Haven't regretted it a day since.

This year will be different. Freak is requiring people to pass a blood alcohol content test prior to log in. Anything above 0.08 and they will be locked out for 24 hours.

Freak's internal numbers project 32 logged in at post game.

Win and you can go ahead and set my lock for 24 hours - lose and it will require a much longer lock out.

No offense to anyone... but if we win, the last thing I'm going to want to do is to get on a forum and post. I doubt I'll be able to post when I'm standing on my roof giving my Gator Fan Neighbors the finger until the sun goes down.

Reactions: 3 people

Come up with a better nickname for the Gators. It's about time to stop having a major insult for a team being (partly ) that they are gay.

Everyone change your DNS (domain name server) to something that actually works, like 8.8.4.4.

How to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Problem: 12 Steps - wikiHow

How to Find the Best DNS Servers | Macinstruct

We had a thread on this a while back that I'm too lazy to search for, but it came about after Charter had a nationwide meltdown. I got off the Charter DNS and on to Google Public DNS-2, and it sure makes life smoother.

It really wasn't that had to do, even with a few adult beverages on board. :toast:

eta: essentially, what a DNS kinda-sorta does is help your browser find the IP for the for the website that you want. So if you hit the refresh button for VN, the DNS is saying, "Hmmm, what is www.volnation.com"? and it looks for the IP address. If your DNS is pathetic, it takes forever to find the IP address and send you there, and it may time out. If it's efficient, you get there much more quickly and smoothly.

Of course, since I now use a Google DNS, this means that they know even more about me than they did from Gmail and Google searches, but at this point in life, I've pretty well given up on any semblance of privacy and security... :unsure:

Last edited:
Come up with a better nickname for the Gators. It's about time to stop having a major insult for a team being (partly ) that they are gay.

The USCe fans call Clemson the Taters. Surely the VN can be as creative as a buncha Cocks.

I'll start - Mud Bugs.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back