Florida vs Worley

BigSteve09

Moran
We all know the true match up in this game is going to be Florida's defense vs Worley. I think that Muschamp and Florida are going to throw caution to the wind early on and bring at least 6 every play right at Worley. Part of it will be Florida truly trying to disrupt Worley and our game plan early. Part of it is also that Muschamp is the kind of coach that would purposefully try to hurt Worley and take him out of the game. He saw first-hand last year what our offense looks like without Worley, and we all saw last week that we are still abysmal without Worley in the game. I think that Muschamp would be comfortable going into the 2nd half down a few scores (10-14 points) just knowing that Worley has been rattled and/or taken out.

We have to protect Worley early on with quick passes, screens, and extra protection. Florida is going to try to destroy Worley early on, so we need to make sure that he survives the early onslaught.

Reactions: 2 people
I would have to agree, coming off the edge has worked againist our OL. However, I think that has been fixed with Wolf's return and Hurd's ability to block. FLA is going to get theirs, but if UT does not turn the ball over........UT 35 FLA 21.

Coaches have to see/anticipate that and hit some hitches and WR screens. And Hurd has to make them pay by getting loose in the secondary.

However, my guess is that Muschamp believes he can get pressure vs UT's OL with just 4 or maybe even 3. I think that's the way he'll go.

I agree muschamp will probably bring alot of heat and early on. He would be a fool not to. I see improvement in ever game from our OL though and i would tend to think UF's DL will be comparable to GA's and we did better than we did against Oklahoma. Were still getting manhandled there but it looks to be improving.

Now...i hate to thread jack but i dont post much and i just wanted to know...

Fl fans or anyone that is in the know here...how good is Fl's rushing game...the Fl homer journalist that Freak interviewed seems to think our DL is not going to be able to handle their rushing attack. I dont see where hes getting that, please someone enlighten me

protecting worley is one of the keys to victory. if he goes down we are screwed.

I agree muschamp will probably bring alot of heat and early on. He would be a fool not to. I see improvement in ever game from our OL though and i would tend to think UF's DL will be comparable to GA's and we did better than we did against Oklahoma. Were still getting manhandled there but it looks to be improving.

Now...i hate to thread jack but i dont post much and i just wanted to know...

Fl fans or anyone that is in the know here...how good is Fl's rushing game...the Fl homer journalist that Freak interviewed seems to think our DL is not going to be able to handle their rushing attack. I dont see where hes getting that, please someone enlighten me

They're probably deeper than they've been in a long time. They don't have UGA RB talent, but they are good.

Muschamp is not going to sanction head hunting. No matter what some of Y'all may think he's a southern gentleman. Worley will be pressured though.

We all know the true match up in this game is going to be Florida's defense vs Worley. I think that Muschamp and Florida are going to throw caution to the wind early on and bring at least 6 every play right at Worley. Part of it will be Florida truly trying to disrupt Worley and our game plan early. Part of it is also that Muschamp is the kind of coach that would purposefully try to hurt Worley and take him out of the game. He saw first-hand last year what our offense looks like without Worley, and we all saw last week that we are still abysmal without Worley in the game. I think that Muschamp would be comfortable going into the 2nd half down a few scores (10-14 points) just knowing that Worley has been rattled and/or taken out.

We have to protect Worley early on with quick passes, screens, and extra protection. Florida is going to try to destroy Worley early on, so we need to make sure that he survives the early onslaught.

The Bigs up front need to have a great day.

Well, they have a running quarterback, so that is something we haven't seen much of, but GA and OK have a much better run game than FL, and we were able to stop them (GA for 3 quarters). I don't see them running all over us when they have no passing game what so ever.

What we need is to hit some 25+ yard passes early on to keep the heat off. They won't rush 6 if we're moving the chains through the air.

Just because you dislike Muschamp doesn't make him a lowlife that would instruct his players to hurt Worley. Rival coaches are just that, rival coaches. They're not terrible human beings.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, they have a running quarterback, so that is something we haven't seen much of, but GA and OK have a much better run game than FL, and we were able to stop them (GA for 3 quarters). I don't see them running all over us when they have no passing game what so ever.

Sounds like Chuckie Keeton Version 2

Well if memory serves me right wasnt Keeton and Ark St quarterbacks known for being mobile? Like you said, we stopped or heldback the run game from every team except Gurley late in the game. Does Fl even have a premier running back? I couldnt even tell you the name of their starting tailback.

P.S. I dont think Muschamp is going to tell his players to hurt Worley. I just think he will send plenty of blitzes and this is football and guys get hurt...I just hope Worley is as durable as Matt Simms

Last edited:
Hitting Wolfe and Pig on quick passes will be key to getting established early, and set us up for some deep passes. I think the Oline grew up last week and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they KNOW they have to keep Worley safe to win!!

Just based on what I've seen of them, it isn't quite as good as OU. There's probably no one in UGA's class this year.

They have talent. UF always does. But whereas OU had a serious passing threat to go with their run game... Driskel's decision making is a liability for UF.

We are often surprised but I think UF will struggle to score points offensively. I think the game comes down to the effectiveness of UT's O.

Reactions: 1 person
How come I think that if Ethan's last name WAS Wolfe, that 99% of the posters would call him Wolf? Instead of the opposite being true? I move that Quentin legally change his last name to Dormandy...so we'll get it right next year. :)

Just based on what I've seen of them, it isn't quite as good as OU. There's probably no one in UGA's class this year.

They have talent. UF always does. But whereas OU had a serious passing threat to go with their run game... Driskel's decision making is a liability for UF.

We are often surprised but I think UF will struggle to score points offensively. I think the game comes down to the effectiveness of UT's O.

The UF guy Freak spoke with was pretty wrong. UT has been fine against the run, minus a ridiculous 4th quarter from the best RB in the country.

UF will trot out Matt Jones first and Kelvin Taylor will also get touches. They also design runs for Driskel to keep defenses off balance. None of those guys are above average. Jones is a bruiser but he is a step slow on film. Taylor is more elusive but seems to be indecisive and doesn't do any one thing exceptionally well. Driskel tends to get chunk yards if you let him get up to speed, because he's a big dude with some athleticism. He really isn't that elusive though.

UT won't shut down UF on the ground, but they certainly won't get run all over like the UF guy made it seem. UF will have to throw it much better than they have all season to move the ball consistently. I don't think they will.

IF UT doesn't gift them short fields or free points on D or teams, UF won't score more than 3 times.

Like you said, we stopped or heldback the run game from every team except Gurley late in the game. Does Fl even have a premier running back? I couldnt even tell you the name of their starting tailback.

Gurley was bar none the absolute best running back our boys will face this year. Maybe Bama's backs can rival him but other than that they won't see anyone like Gurley coming the rest of the year.

Reactions: 1 person
Hitting Wolfe and Pig on quick passes will be key to getting established early, and set us up for some deep passes. I think the Oline grew up last week and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they KNOW they have to keep Worley safe to win!!

I was optimistic that this line would gel by the end of the year and start dictating the line of scrimmage...hoping I was late in my prediction. Wolf is a weapon that,when properly utilized, no team has an answer for!...why Saban wanted to steal him. :thumbsup:

Agreed. That screen to Hurd worked well last week, mayhaps we'll try it again?

I haven't figured out yet why we refuse to run this play more. If they want to rush us, burn them with it. It worked against OU and it worked against UGA.

Am I missing something?

I'm hoping to see a lot more draw plays this week. I think nearly every one of them at the GA game worked out very well.

Worley has a chance to leave his legacy this Saturday. How many UT quarterbacks can say that they have beaten Florida?

VN Store

Back