6-6

aaronvol

This is what everyone was saying at the beginning of the year. This is where I am keeping it. however, depending on how we win this game, this could be the game that propels us to 7-5 or 8-4...any of you changing your preseason predictions yet?

Reactions: 2 people
I'll make my prediction at the end of the season. Because you can't predict anything with this team this year. They improve every week. I never would have thought coming into this season that our team would kick Georgia in the teeth in Athens. I think predictions are silly at this point. You don't know what will happen with other teams either. Ole Miss is overrated from playing cupcake teams all year. We will know more about them on Saturday. Etc etc etc.

Edit: apparently some people are slow enough to think that I didn't realize what I was saying when I wrote "make my prediction at the end of the season". The not-so-hard-to-gather point (you would think) is that I think predictions are useless right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Injuries worry me too much to predict anything. We are going to have them. We got a glimpse last week of how much one injury can affect our team.

Reactions: 2 people
I think except for only Alabama we have at least a 50/50 chance of winning every game left on our schedule. This team is hard to gauge because they will get better every week and every game and i have no clue has to how far we will be able to progress this year and aside from Alabama we have already played our toughest games.

But good things are coming, I have no doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Still 7-5 like I've been calling it.

8-5 with our Bowl win. I don't rightly expect more, but would be completely thrilled with winning more than seven in our regular season.

I'll say this, at the beginning of the season I thought we'd get to 6-6 by stealing a win against a team that was a little better than us.

However , after watching Florida Ole Miss South Carolina and Missouri play, none of them appear to be much better than Tennessee at all, and an argument could be made that Tennessee looks better than each of them.

I think all four of those games could be wins at this point, so I wouldn't rule our 9-3; but I think 7-5 is more likely with wins over Florida and Missouri.

This is what everyone was saying at the beginning of the year. This is where I am keeping it. however, depending on how we win this game, this could be the game that propels us to 7-5 or 8-4...any of you changing your preseason predictions yet?

We are too young and have too little depth to change from 6-6 and a bowl. That's truly optomistic, if Worley goes down. We've already lost Dillon Bates for the season.

It's as if we're a really great sports painting that hasn't had time to dry. Easily destroyed with one smear across the surface.

But, who knows, our fortune may change and we'll finish the year with no injury and go 7-5.

we are a difficult team to gauge. i see us getting better and better as the season goes on. i think many of you are right, ole miss is overrated, and the east is as fragile as i can remember. do you think the east champ can have three losses this year?

We only have 2 Wins so far.

I'm still at 6-6 but I'd sure like to see more than that plus a bowl WIN.

I'm totaly amazed at how fast our coaches have coached up our youngsters.

A big WIN against floriDUHHH could give us the momentum and confidence to get another WIN or 2 that nobody expects right now.

7 or more WINS and buTch and his entire staff needs a big pay raise and 2 more years, at least, guaranteed on their contracts.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Revenge the Music city bowl loss, that's good enough for me . This would be a building block for the good ole Citrus Bowl cause you can't spell citrus without UT . Those where the good ole days .

I'll tell the truth I had UT going 6-6 and I picked us to lose the FL game before the season stated. Here is why, I thought FL would rally around Muschamp after going 4-8 and play much better. They ARE more talented than UT right now (not saying better coached). I thought UT might be too young this year and that 2015-2016 was really the years for us. I was wrong about us being too young, the coaching staff have done a marvelous job of getting them ready and they have responded. I still think this game is a toss up. I am optimistic but to get to get to 7-5 we have to have this game. I think Mizzou and Ole Miss are for real.

WHEN we win this weekend, that will give me the confidence to say 7-5... we will beat either Ole Miss, SC, or Mizz..... I know there are those that think no way, but I have watched every Ole Miss game and I think people are going to be shocked how well we match up with them

I predicted 7-5 at the beginning. If we would've got the win at Georgia I would've changed it to 10-2 or 9-3. Now I'm thinking 8-4.

I'll make my prediction at the end of the season. Because you can't predict anything with this team this year. They improve every week. I never would have thought coming into this season that our team would kick Georgia in the teeth in Athens. I think predictions are silly at this point. You don't know what will happen with other teams either. Ole Miss is overrated from playing cupcake teams all year. We will know more about them on Saturday. Etc etc etc.

You'll make your prediction at the end of the season? Way to put yourself out there....:unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
No. 6-6 still for me. This game has me on pins & needles, call it paranoia or whatever, but I just don't feel good about it. I'd rather set my expectation low for this weekend and be pleasantly surprised if we pull off a W.

I am in total agreement OP!:thumbsup:

I'll tell the truth I had UT going 6-6 and I picked us to lose the FL game before the season stated. Here is why, I thought FL would rally around Muschamp after going 4-8 and play much better. They ARE more talented than UT right now (not saying better coached). I thought UT might be too young this year and that 2015-2016 was really the years for us. I was wrong about us being too young, the coaching staff have done a marvelous job of getting them ready and they have responded. I still think this game is a toss up. I am optimistic but to get to get to 7-5 we have to have this game. I think Mizzou and Ole Miss are for real.
Mizz is so for real? Lol they lost to Indiana. Ole miss will be exposed by bama too. Not saying UT can win either game, but the East has definitely seen better days, and college football is way more exciting when Tenn is a serious contender. Dont set yourself up for disappointment.

Anything could happen but I agree that we have a chance to win every game left on our schedule. We could have won at OK and at UGA. With a tweak to our play calling and everyone staying healthy I can see Team 118 being truly special. We can't go conservative when we get a lead. We must maintain a "crush them" attitude from the coach to the lowest man on the totem pole for 60 minutes every week. Worley might be even better than what we've seen so far once the line improves, which they will. We are number 1 in the FBS for third-down defense. That is after playing two stellar teams in their stadiums. Our future looks bright!

You'll make your prediction at the end of the season? Way to put yourself out there....:unsure:

I knew exactly what I was saying when I said it. I'm not stupid.

My point was that I don't bother with predictions this year. There are way too many unknowns. Therefore, at the end of the season, I can tell you what our record is.

:eek:k:

Reactions: 1 person

I said that UT would win 6-8 reg season games if well coached. It was a sincere qualifier that many condemned me for. I did not see evidence of good coaching last fall and wanted to see it before predicting better results.

I believe UT IS a well-coached team. I believe they will win 6-8 reg season games. I began the season thinking Bama was an almost unwinnable game. While we really cannot reasonably expect UT to win all of the remaining games... I personally believe they are all "winnable" to include Bama.

VN Store

Back