Florida: Inside Enemy Camp

Lost me at:

Florida’s running game would appear to have a significant edge on Tennessee, given how the Vols have been pretty shoddy on the ground to date — even adjusting for Todd Gurley being excellent last Saturday, Tennessee’s been no better than about average against the run, and that’s despite playing some overmatched teams.

Sorry Freak, but your choice for opponent blogs this week obviously hasn't watched UT ball this year enough to evaluate our run defense. Which, other than the freak of nature Gurley, has been nothing short of outstanding.

Reactions: 3 people
funny that he says IF worley dramatically outplays driskel. funny, you can have an average game and out play driskel. its also funny how we are not favored to win at home vs a terrible uf team. we have no respect, as always, and everyone is over looking our secondary. our secondary will be the difference on D.

Lost me at:

Sorry Freak, but your choice for opponent blogs this week obviously hasn't watched UT ball this year enough to evaluate our run defense. Which, other than the freak of nature Gurley, has been nothing short of outstanding.

gurley will run for 300 vs uf.

It seems like it all comes down to this:

1. Can Worley get enough time to pass on their average secondary
2. Can the Vols stop their rushing attack.
3. And turnovers of course.

I like that their coach is on the hot seat (according to some).haha everybody knows he's on the hot seat. Was a good read though.

Last edited:
I feel these are the keys to the game.

1. We must keep Worley upright, and give him 2-3 seconds to get the ball out.
2. Can we continue our 3rd down %? (FL won't get a lot of 1st downs on 1st or 2nd down)
3. Who runs for more yards? (It has been mentioned that our screen game is basically a run for us. Can our rushing + screen yards out gain FL? If we do we win.)
4. Keep the turnover margin a +0 or better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I just can't see the UF offense being better than our defense, our D is way above their O, even if Driskel plays lights out, if he does he leaves the game on a stretcher at some point after getting blown up. Our Offense is equal to or slightly better than their D. Their D lays down late in the game and we romp them, this becomes a Big Orange blowout is my prediction.

I'm not sure I would put us as weak against the run, what defense has this guy been watching? One game against Gurley and he thinks Florida is going to compare to that at all?

Big homer article, but interesting none-the-less.

Gave a lot of credit to a UF rushing attack who got almost all their yards against Eastern Michigan and an "improved" Kentucky. Something tells me our defense is a bit better than those two teams.

I feel these are the keys to the game.

1. We must keep Worley upright, and give me 2-3 seconds to get the ball out.
2. Can we continue our 3rd down %? (FL won't get a lot of 1st downs on 1st or 2nd down)
3. Who runs for more yards? (It has been mentioned that our screen game is basically a run for us. Can our rushing + screen yards out gain FL? If we do we win.)
4. Keep the turnover margin a +0 or better.

Give you 2-3 seconds to get the ball out?

I don't think UF is as good on O as OU or UGA. UT did a good job vs OU's run game and have improved since.

A lot of this does look like a dual of QB's though I think Hurd's continued improvement gives UT a BETTER run option than UF has... and UT has better receivers. That gets even more lopsided if Pearson is full speed.

If we stop their run attack we should win.

If Hurd has a big day, we will win big.

Must protect the football. I thought our offensive production was better against UGA but these turnovers are killing us. Can't allow their defense to score.

If we stop their run attack we should win.

If Hurd has a big day, we will win big.

Must protect the football. I thought our offensive production was better against UGA but these turnovers are killing us. Can't allow their defense to score.

Or give up a kick off or punt score

His response reads as douchey, which is par for the course for a gator. I know many of them, unfortunately, including the best man at my wedding, and just about every single one of them have the snarky, stuck up, "I'm better than you" attitude. I've been to Gainesville for the UT game 11 or 12 times, I hate it, it feels like I'm on the Jersey shore.

Since the series started annual play in 1992, the win will come down to the running game and the turnover battle. Who is successful running the ball and which team isn't. Finally, the turnover battle. Get a turnover and flip the field and acquire "some" points out of it is a must. If you're successful at turnovers but yet fail to convert those into points, it's going to be game over sooner than later.

VN Store

Back