Anticipation

WolfenVOL

First post so be easy on me.
The anticipation and expectations we had for this freshmen class, Hurd, Kelly, Malone and all were high but well deserved. These young men are delivering the goods, as I believe the commits for next year will. Let’s not forget their senior players, mentoring them in what it means to be a vol. Flame me for wearing the Orange glasses if you must but I’m proud to wear them. Give me a strong shot of Orange juice. I’m one that use to watch us go down in defeat on a Saturday and watch the play back on Sunday thinking we might win. We’re going to kick some gator a$$.

Reactions: 7 people
Totally agree.

I don't think the staff is getting enough credit for getting these freshmen to play at such a high level.... and they are literally getting better every week.

Reactions: 6 people
Good post OP and welcome to the gang. Sad when someone has to say "take it easy on me" or "flame away" when boasting pride in our team, but I share your enthusiasm.

Reactions: 2 people
Totally agree.

I don't think the staff is getting enough credit for getting these freshmen to play at such a high level.... and they are literally getting better every week.

Very true. All talent has to be coached up. We have kids that the ink hasn't even dried on their diplomas yet, balling out in road games. Its amazing.

Barnett was a huge get for CBJ!!! always around the ball, best player UT ever got from BA

What this class proves is that Butch and Co have an eye for talent. Ethan Wolf is one of our most lethal players and he was a 3*. I guaran-damn-tee there were people on this board groaning when he committed because of his rating. I can't wait to see how the rest of this year's class develops. And the 2015 class too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Ladies and Gents...relax and enjoy the ride my friends.

We're only just beginning to climb back up the mountain.

Just wait until these true freshmen are Juniors and our current Sophs are Seniors.

The total FEAR of having to play against our Tenessee Vols will be back in full force!

I think our coaches have already proven that they can coach them up and get them going pretty fast and the kids still have lots to learn, more nutritional and weight training to do to get faster, stronger, more knowledgable and experienced.

I had no idea that buTch and his staff could take kids that were in high school this time last year and get them playing this well so fast, it's totally amazing and we've only just scratched the surface of how great many of these kids can become.

I just hope all of them stay for their Senior seasons and get themselves 1 or maybe even 2 SEC and National Championship rings.

This Big Orange koolaid is great.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

What this class proves is that Butch and Co have an eye for talent. Ethan Wolf is one of our most lethal players and he was a 3*. I guaran-damn-tee there were people on this board groaning when he committed because of his rating. I can't wait or see how the rest of this year's class develops. And the 2015 class too.

Sometimes it's the size of their heart, and not how many stars they had after their name.

Reactions: 1 person
What this class proves is that Butch and Co have an eye for talent. Ethan Wolf is one of our most lethal players and he was a 3*. I guaran-damn-tee there were people on this board groaning when he committed because of his rating. I can't wait or see how the rest of this year's class develops. And the 2015 class too.

Don't you also think that Butch and Co are also looking for and recruiting higher caliber, good character, high moral, and intelligent young men. Young men that they can coach up, no matter if they are a 2, 3, 4, or 5*.
You can listen to their interviews, and tell type of young men they are. All are above average. Good job CBJ!
GBO!!!!!!

VN Store

Back