Why I Feel Good about this One

TheBigOne10

FU Money
Leading up to Saturday, this game has the same feel to me as the 2001 game in the Swamp. The game that sent Spurrier packing and will probably go down as my favorite Vol win of all time. This could be the final nail in Muschamp's coffin. Team 118 has a fighting spirit, a "we won't be denied" attitude. I feel that the two teams are similar in talent, but our coaching will put us over the top. I also think that Jalen Hurd will have a game that will get the attention of not only the rest of the SEC, but possibly the nation. If he has half the game that Travis Stephens had in the Swamp, I think that we will be too much for the gators from an offensive standpoint. Another key player for the offense this game, as usual, will be Ethan Wolf. His ability to not only provide a safety valve for Worley against a Florida front that is sure to bring pressure, but also his ability to extend the field will be invaluable. And having Von back would be a huge plus. I personally look forward to North abusing Hargreaves all afternoon long. 31-14 Vols! Flame away gentlemen.

In the past debacles, it was always the defense letting us down. Even last year, it was Murphy looking Heisman like. Second thing was turnovers.

This year the defense will not be denied...just like in 1998. And I think if we establish run pass balance and win on turnovers, FL is screwed bad.

I also expect us to net 50 yards on penalties. And in a defensive struggle, that makes a big difference.

We gonna whip dey azz!

Reactions: 1 person
This game reminds me in no way of the 2001 game.

I don't know what it reminds me of, because neither team is that good or ranked. I do think it will be a good game, though, with UT coming out on top.

Did anyone else notice the OP's username is TheBigOne10? Sounds like he's over compensating for something.

I'm gonna take the believe it when I see it approach to this game. I think we will beat Florida but I'll believe it when I see it.

Tennessee will beat the Gators on Saturday. But the Gators will also beat themselves. The quiet workman approach this team has will prove more than enough. The Gators attitude will change sometime into the 3rd quarter when they are behind & start to feel it all slipping away. Expect Tennessee to pull away the closer we get to the final click, & feel the earth tremble as the crowd feels it. Neyland will be a very special place on Saturday. I am packing the bags, & the wife & children are ready to wear our sections orange.

That corner will be behind us now,
In peace...........

Tennessee is more hungry than they've been in a long time. Butch has these boys believing and they wanna win and dominate their opponent.

I just wish it was later in the day. It's hard for the crowd to really be worked into a frenzy by noon...

My only reason for pause is turnovers.

Tenessee is better on both offense and defense than florida this season. Florida is adept at forcing turnovers though. I watched the UF Bama game, and Florida caused two of the 3 fumbles and made a play on the interception. They have holes and arn't consistent in tackling, but they look to make a play whenever they can.

Florida won't move the ball consistently against us on offense, but if their defense can get a few turnovers, force short fields and maybe get a score themselves, it will get a lot tougher real quick.

My only reason for pause is turnovers.

Tenessee is better on both offense and defense than florida this season. Florida is adept at forcing turnovers though. I watched the UF Bama game, and Florida caused two of the 3 fumbles and made a play on the interception. They have holes and arn't consistent in tackling, but they look to make a play whenever they can.

Florida won't move the ball consistently against us on offense, but if their defense can get a few turnovers, force short fields and maybe get a score themselves, it will get a lot tougher real quick.

It is going to be a heck of a ballgame. You hit the nail on the head about turnovers. The Vols have to capitalize when they get them though.

I think this is not a good Florida team, but I'm not sure we are that much better. Our online needs to improve to give us a chance. If worley has time we will move the ball and I like our chances. FL has a talented D so I am very concerned about this game. Muschamp is on the hot seat, they haven't looked good this season, but its not like we have been world beaters either. Our very young team better be ready or there are going to be disappointed fans

I wish the Guiness book of world records could be there to see if Neyland can officially become the loudest stadium in the world because that's exactly what we need to do every single time floriUHHH comes to the line on O.

They might even slow down their O just to get our fans to quiet down and to try to keep our O off the field longer and to give their D more time to rest up.

There's no telling what they might try to pull off with muschUmps job on the line so our players, coaches and fans need to be ready to rock our house.

Everyone needs to...

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Leading up to Saturday, this game has the same feel to me as the 2001 game in the Swamp.

I agree with Boca, this really feels nothing like '01. Maybe '04, when there was a "we will win because their coach sucks" feel to it.

This game does have one thing in common with the '01 game that may prove critical: it's being played later in the season (not as late as in '01, but later than normal). Fulmer always felt that if the game had been played later in the season, Tennessee would be more successful.

Iirc, the team with the most rushing yards has won like the last 12 matchups... Hurd, Lane, and hopefully Scott are vital Saturday!

I'm so ready for this game & I think Tennessee wins it but if we lose, from everything I've been reading, Knoxville & the entire state are going to have a meltdown of epic proportion! Let's all remember that everyone of our beloved Vols will GIVE THEIR ALL FOR TENNESSEE, so no matter the outcome, we are still ONE TENNESSEE!

VN Store

Back