Stop with the "we always find a way" nonsense

lawgator1

I keep reading posts that during the streak UT always found way to lose to UF. That's nonsense and underestimates the gap between the programs during that timeframe. The reality is that Florida over the past decade has had the better team (at least at the time the two teams met).

I think you have the better team and end the streak this weekend. But quit pretending like Florida just got lucky during the last ten years.

Reactions: 18 people
I keep reading posts that during the streak UT always found way to lose to UF. That's nonsense and underestimates the gap between the programs during that timeframe. The reality is that Florida over the past decade has had the better team (at least at the time the two teams met).

I think you have the better team and end the streak this weekend. But quit pretending like Florida just got lucky during the last ten years.

We can say whaever the F*** we want.

Reactions: 41 people

Last I checked sir litigator you are the guest here and there are years that we have wrestled defeat from the jaws of victory. Go back to trolling the pf

Reactions: 2 people

Go back under your rock.

And please shut

the

hell

up

Reactions: 6 people
baby%20crying.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

We should've won in 2006 and 2012 and could've won barring an injury in 2011

Reactions: 1 person
Last I checked sir litigator you are the guest here and there are years that we have wrestled defeat from the jaws of victory. Go back to trolling the pf

No. Florida has been the better team. Its not like UT was lighting it on fire in all their match-ups EXCEPT for UF. Fact is, Florida has been the batter team. Why is it so hard to just give the Gators credit during that period?

Like I say, I think you win this weekend. But that's because you have the better team, not because of some mystical pixie dust we always find a way to blow it excuse.

Reactions: 7 people
There is something to this the OP; I don't know why you're being so hostile.

Here, I'll make it look better by flipping it around. It seems silly when we act like we can't beat Florida now because they "have our number" or "we are cursed". We have the better team this year, and we will beat them because of it. Stop being superstitious, and stop thinking that Florida is this boogeyman hiding under Butch's bed. They may have had some luck over the past decade, but as was said above, they have been consistently better than us over the past ten years. Then again, a lot of SEC schools have.

But we are on the upward swing right now, and they are aiming to ride a coaching carousel all the way down to replace us. We are likely to beat Florida this year, and given the state of our program we are likely to continue beating them into the 2020's. Then, in 2024 you can go to a Gator board and tell them to stop whining about luck and finding ways to lose.

As a side note: when somebody on a message board says that you should "stop saying something" they aren't trying to restrict your freedom. They aren't making a demand. They are making an epistemic claim. They are saying "you really have no reason to be saying this".

But anyway...sit back, and enjoy the next three days. Saturday will officially mark the changing of the tide.

Reactions: 8 people
lawgator's right. When was the last time we were close or better than UF in terms of coaching, talent, etc.? 2006?

so Ga Southern had a better team than Fla last year ? :good!:

Reactions: 3 people

If we had an OX on our site like U (used to), not anymore, you would have been banned:lolabove:

No. Florida has been the better team. Its not like UT was lighting it on fire in all their match-ups EXCEPT for UF. Fact is, Florida has been the batter team. Why is it so hard to just give the Gators credit during that period?

Like I say, I think you win this weekend. But that's because you have the better team, not because of some mystical pixie dust we always find a way to blow it excuse.

so Ga Southern had a better team than Fla last year ? :good!:

That's one game, I'm talking about a decade's worth of match-ups and the inherent dismissiveness of how Florida was simply better during that period. Posts like "I think we have the better team but always find a way to lose" are absurd, at so many levels, not the least of which is that it implies that Florida hasn't been the better team over that period, when clearly it has.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that Florida was better, is all I'm saying, especially when the current trend suggest a significant reversal of fortune is afoot.

Hunter made a big difference, but we were losing by 17 with 5 to go in the game, and lost by 10. Even the best WR's don't guarantee an 11 point swing. We would have been closer, but you can't point to that one thing as evidence that we have a monkey on our back.

And why should we have won in 2012? We were a ****ty team. We got beat by Georgia, Miss. St., Alabama, South Carolina, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Florida. They beat #4 LSU, #9 South Carolina, and #10 Florida State. They were a solid team that year.

Stop worrying about the past, and making excuses for losses. We are just climbing out of our lowest point, and we should expect to see a lot of **** when we look down.

Reactions: 3 people

2012 and 2011 were no where close to being won... 2012 was the year of Sunseri,it just had not shown its ugly head until that point... the rest of the year was evidence...UF went 11-2, we were 5-7,again... with the worst defense in history

damn near every year we were less talented and far worse coached... 2006, we should've won honestly...17-7 in the 3rd,and 107,000 people knew Tebow was going to run it,but still got the 1st down...

this year is not one of those years... I think we are more talented and better coached... but carry on thinkng we are unlucky or cursed against UF... I've been waiting on being more talented and better coached... my wait is over...

last years game both teams combined to have 9 turnovers.5 for florida and 4 for tennessee.and you guys still beat us.but! florida was not better team last year.sorry i hate to break it to ya.

there is something to this the op; i don't know why you're being so hostile.

Here, i'll make it look better by flipping it around. It seems silly when we act like we can't beat florida now because they "have our number" or "we are cursed". We have the better team this year, and we will beat them because of it. Stop being superstitious, and stop thinking that florida is this boogeyman hiding under butch's bed. They may have had some luck over the past decade, but as was said above, they have been consistently better than us over the past ten years. Then again, a lot of sec schools have.

But we are on the upward swing right now, and they are aiming to ride a coaching carousel all the way down to replace us. We are likely to beat florida this year, and given the state of our program we are likely to continue beating them into the 2020's. Then, in 2024 you can go to a gator board and tell them to stop whining about luck and finding ways to lose.

As a side note: When somebody on a message board says that you should "stop saying something" they aren't trying to restrict your freedom. They aren't making a demand. They are making an epistemic claim. They are saying "you really have no reason to be saying this".

But anyway...sit back, and enjoy the next three days. Saturday will officially mark the changing of the tide.

did you have to use the word tide? Just stop it.

VN Store

Back