Pundit's Prognostications (merged)

Neyland Law Vol

What’s Going To Happen: Is this when Tennessee breaks out? Is this the moment when the program takes that huge step forward, and will this be Will Muschamp’s Brady Hoke-Minnesota game? No. With two weeks off to prepare, the Gators will come out and pound and pound some more. Jeff Driskel will have a decent game, and the Florida D, embarrassed by the Alabama game, will overcome a few mistakes to come up with a few big stops in the second half.
Prediction: Florida 34 … Tennessee 27

Scout.com: Week 6 SEC: Florida at Tennessee

Vols Prove them wrong!

Ain't happening. I like the Michigan-Minnesota analogy, and it could happen that way.

I see us winning by 10.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't disagree with anything-- except the score.

The Gators have had two weeks to prepare, they'll come out and pound and pound some more. Jeff Driskel will have a decent game, and the Florida D, embarrassed by the Alabama game, will overcome a few mistakes to come up with a few big stops in the second half.

And the Vols will still win.

Reactions: 2 people
If UF gets the breaks early and gets a decent lead, I think UT fights on and makes a game of it. Maybe we comeback, maybe we don't. But if UT gets up early, I see us winning going away if not a potential blowout.

Our crowd and their coach don't make for a very good combination for them to play well from behind. We need to jump on them early.

Reactions: 6 people
F*@$ cfn!

If we really, really want this game and refuse to quit then we will win.

We also can't make stupid mistakes like fumbles or interceptions or break downs on special teams.

In most cases, Tennessee beats Tennessee and Florida does not beat Tennessee.

I remember one year in which Colquitt threw the pass, rather than punt the ball.

I remember one year that we let one of their backs get HUGE yardage on more than one occasion in the punting game.

We usually give them to game.

That writer has no respect for our defense if he thinks UF is scoring anywhere close to 30.

Our weakest position on D is the DTs. Not saying they are bad, they've played rather well all things considered, but still it is a rather average interior when comparing with other SEC interiors. Like us, UF wiil try to stretch the D then run Matt Jones inside to see if the interior holds. If we have to creep the edge players inside, then the gators will run and throw outside. It's the same game plan we will have for them. All depends on which interior holds up better. TOs and STs will also likely play a big part. We need to be on the + side of the TOs and win the field positon battle, which killed us last Saturday (the punt downed at our 1 specifically).

I'll wait until CFN does their staff confidence picks tomorrow. If Clucko the chicken picks UT to win then we might as well mail this in.

VN Store

Back