Worried about the war in the Trenches

white65

Florida has more talent and experience on both sides of the ball in the trenches. This is usually why we end up losing to them after keeping games close. I didn't look it up, but I remember hearing we hadn't had more rushing yard than Florida since we last beat em.

I think Florida will put Hargaves or what ever his name is on North. Press all of the other recievers, stack the box and make us beat them deep. I can't think of a true deep ball we've completed yet. Smith's catch against OK and Pig's catch against UGA are the only ones that were completed somewhat far down the field and those weren't even true deep balls. We need to connect on a Go route where our bigger recievers(Croom,Malone, Pearson, and MOST DEFINATELY NORTH)can go up and get the ball.

If we can't connect on some deep passes, and the Gators can press us and get presser then IDK how our offense will work.

I was there in 2012, and I would say that as a fan, the streak is affecting how I see this game, I can't believe we will beat Florida till we do it. I thought we could beat Oklahoma and UGA. But I just have a bad feeling about this game. I'll be in Neyland screaming my guts out saturday. But I'm worried about how this game will go.

Flame Away!

Reactions: 1 person
That does it. We're going to get pounded by Florida.

But seriously, I think we lose. It's the Tennessee way.

Florida has more talent and experience on both sides of the ball in the trenches. This is usually why we end up losing to them after keeping games close. I didn't look it up, but I remember hearing we hadn't had more rushing yard than Florida since we last beat em.

I think Florida will put Hargaves or what ever his name is on North. Press all of the other recievers, stack the box and make us beat them deep. I can't think of a true deep ball we've completed yet. Smith's catch against OK and Pig's catch against UGA are the only ones that were completed somewhat far down the field and those weren't even true deep balls. We need to connect on a Go route where our bigger recievers(Croom,Malone, Pearson, and MOST DEFINATELY NORTH)can go up and get the ball.

If we can't connect on some deep passes, and the Gators can press us and get presser then IDK how our offense will work.

I was there in 2012, and I would say that as a fan, the streak is affecting how I see this game, I can't believe we will beat Florida till we do it. I thought we could beat Oklahoma and UGA. But I just have a bad feeling about this game. I'll be in Neyland screaming my guts out saturday. But I'm worried about how this game will go.

Flame Away!

As long as their offensive linemen block EACH OTHER, we should do well on the defensive side. :)

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not at all confident in this game like the masses seem to be.

However, if Florida's gameplan is going to be "Make Tennessee beat you deep" then I'm saying UT wins by 21 or more.

Do you think the Gators would beat Georgia?

Do you think that the Kentucky-FL game was close?

Because Kentucky barely beat Vandy 17-7. In case you haven't noticed, Vandy is god-awful.

People are giving Florida way too much credit. Stop with the "we always play Florida bad" attitude because this is a different team and a different coach.

Reactions: 6 people
why is everyone so doom and gloom.their line on both sides don't even compare to the sooners and we held our own.so please tell me what florida has and tell me what oklahoma doesn't have

Flame Away!

I thought just the opposite, but have felt since after the OK game that we can, and WILL be FL!!!

i really think florida will get the best out of tennessee saturday.they will be shocked at how motivated tennessee is and will have to match their intensity.this is not a Dooley coached tennessee team like they are accustomed to and we will finally get their respect come 3:30 saturday.

Yeah. Well it's going to be close. And usually in close games, we lose.

77641581.jpg

But sometimes we win.

Reactions: 5 people
they are no where near OU and UGA up front. Leon Orr will not play. Mike Taylor may not play. They have Fowler but Bullard is moving inside. On D, Everybody keeps worrying about our "undersized" D Line but they keep holding their own every game. We average about 8 TFLs a game on defense and swarm around better than we have in years.

Last edited:
Advantages-

QB- Tenn
RB- Even
WR/TE- Tenn
OL- Gators

DL- Gators
LB- Tenn
DB- Even

Special Teams- Even
Coaching- Tenn

This game is going to be a lot tougher than some of you believe. Florida is very talented and deeper than Tennessee, but I believe UT has something Florida is lacking... Heart. I'm very concerned about the battle of the trenches, but I think UT gets the win Saturday based on their refusal to lose another close game. Neyland will be rocking like last years UGA game, but this time the Vols come out on top.

Vols-27
Gators-24

why is everyone so doom and gloom.their line on both sides don't even compare to the sooners and we held our own.so please tell me what florida has and tell me what oklahoma doesn't have

Florida has this thing for beating UT no matter the circumstances.

Florida can't score without big plays. Their offense won't be able to move the ball consistently. We have much better team speed and they don't have the home run threats they had in previous years.

Our DL will play their OL to a draw. Their DL vs our OL is their only advantage and that didn't stop us from being right there against UGA.

If we don't turn it over much or have multiple coverage busts, Florida won't be able to cover us all day, or move the ball consistently. We win by 2 scores.

Florida may be more talented but statistically they haven't played very well on either side of the ball. They shouldn't scare this Vol team after these last two games. Granted, they will likely give us their A game and with our youth nothing is a certainty but, if our team plays the way they have been we should win this game.

With everyone saying that Muschamp is coaching for his job this week don't be surprised if we see all the stops pulled out including burning redshirts. UF is very talented on paper. Last year they had the injury bug. This year they haven't gelled but eventually they will. Let's hope it doesn't happen this week.

Florida may be more talented but statistically they haven't played very well on either side of the ball. They shouldn't scare this Vol team after these last two games. Granted, they will likely give us their A game and with our youth nothing is a certainty but, if our team plays the way they have been we should win this game.
Let's not forget that UF is a hungry and motivated team going into an early kickoff rivalry game on the road coming off a bye week. Sound familiar?

Advantages-

QB- Tenn
RB- Even
WR/TE- Tenn
OL- Gators

DL- Gators
LB- Tenn
DB- Even

Special Teams- Even
Coaching- Tenn

This game is going to be a lot tougher than some of you believe. Florida is very talented and deeper than Tennessee, but I believe UT has something Florida is lacking... Heart. I'm very concerned about the battle of the trenches, but I think UT gets the win Saturday based on their refusal to lose another close game. Neyland will be rocking like last years UGA game, but this time the Vols come out on top.

Vols-27
Gators-24

Matchups matter.

Florida can't throw. They havn't on anyone. They arn't great on the ground either (against teams with a pulse).

Our LB's are ridiculous. AJ and JRM combine to form one of the best LB duo's in the country, and Maggit looked much more explosive after the bye.

If we make them throw, and spy driskel, they only have one viable receiving threat, and we have a Cam Sutton. They havn't played a CB as good as him yet, and they probably won't this season.

Shut down Robertson outside and the run game and florida stalls.

Sure they can get pressure on us, but so did UGA and OK and we were still able to move the ball over the course of the game.

Florida is only scary because their name is florida and ours is tennessee.

This is Muschamp's Florida though. And Jones' Tennessee. Times are changing, saturday will be a reminder of just how fast.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back