Erik Ainge - Where is he now?

Satchel

What is he doing for work these days?

Remember back in the good ole days when he had a radio station?

I thought he was working for a local car dealer. Whatever he does, I hope he is happy. He's clearly a bright guy that just needs a little guidance in life.

Reactions: 1 person
Did he get kicked off the radio, or did his contract expire and no one picked him up? I haven't heard him since the summer.

He did not enjoy the radio enough to do that long term and like is said above me local Knoxville radio probably isn't that lucrative.

He has accepted a position with Cellular Sales in a Business to Business sales position. I am sure he will do very well for himself.

Liked him as a player and a radio host. A shame that he had some hangups in life, I met him at a fan meet and greet back in the day, seemed like a really nice guy.

Whats strange is the radio station failed from a sports perspective so they play oldies which somehow is more lucrative as opposed to sports. But Swain and Hooker have shows on the station. I dont understand how that works. Who listens to that station after Swain and Hooker in which they make more money?

Reactions: 1 person
Whats strange is the radio station failed from a sports perspective so they play oldies which somehow is more lucrative as opposed to sports. But Swain and Hooker have shows on the station. I dont understand how that works. Who listens to that station after Swain and Hooker in which they make more money?

Swain & Hooker buy airtime from the station.

Ahh, I was wondering why there were oldies on the station during the Utah St gameday. I had no idea what was going on, I just assumed that the station thought it better to play tailgating music or something.

Airtime is leased. If I pay for airtime to play oldies, the revenue I generate from ads during that time doesn't have to pay Ainge's salary etc.

IMO, they really had the cards stacked against them, working on such small scale (one very weak signaled AM station that goes dark around 6 or 7 pm). The radio business is really hard to turn a profit to begin with, much more so in this scenario, when you're paying salaries for 6 or so people. By automating the station to one that plays off a satellite feed with zero cost associated with paying the 'talent'. Leasing air time to Swain & Hooker is now added income as opposed to costs towards payroll. It's only more lucrative because the costs of operating are now astronomically lower than they were when they were paying a local staff as opposed to letting a computer do all the work.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 people
IMO, they really had the cards stacked against them, working on such small scale (one very weak signaled AM station that goes dark around 6 or 7 pm). The radio business is really hard to turn a profit to begin with, much more so in this scenario, when you're paying salaries for 6 or so people. By automating the station to one that plays off a satellite feed with zero cost associated with paying the 'talent'. Leasing air time to Swain & Hooker is now added income as opposed to costs towards payroll. It's only more lucrative because the costs of operating are now astronomically lower than they were when they were paying a local staff as opposed to letting a computer do all the work.

Hope that helps.
it really does thanks. I always thought that there was enough room for two stations in Knoxville. Am I wrong? Did JayBay not run the station right. I ask that because sportsanimal doesn't have tbat issue and they have more employees.

it really does thanks. I always thought that there was enough room for two stations in Knoxville. Am I wrong? Did JayBay not run the station right. I ask that because sportsanimal doesn't have tbat issue and they have more employees.

They are also owned by cumulus as is WIVK. it's safe to say they aren't hurting.

VN Store

Back