Time for the annual "will we be ranked if we beat UF?" thread

annual? more like weekly. but yes, we will be ranked. My magic 8 ball says #22

Last edited:
i'm thinking no.

They're not even ranked, and when we win, we'll have only beaten Utah State, Arkansas State, and Florida.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida isnt ranked and we are favored to beat them, so this wouldnt be an upset and our record would be 3-2.

We shouldnt be ranked yet.

Talk to me after we beat Ole Miss.

Nope. They would be the only two loss team in the poll. I think with a win and another win versus Chattanooga they will maybe crack into the top 25. So technically a win versus UF would get us close to breaking into the top 25.

I don't mean this to demean your thread, but honestly, who really cares? I mean that. We're still a long way off. Seeing our name in the top 25 would be cool, but it doesn't really matter for anything right now anyway.

I don't mean this to demean your thread, but honestly, who really cares? I mean that. We're still a long way off. Seeing our name in the top 25 would be cool, but it doesn't really matter for anything right now anyway.

If you dont care feel free to not click the thread.

Reactions: 2 people
Rankings do not matter, however, for conversation.....depends on what happnes to teams 15 thru 25. UT has played a better schedule than most, but Ws move you up and down not morale wins.

You said it yourself, being in the top 25 again would be cool.

I don't think people have enough respect for UF to rank a 3-2 team. If we beat Chattanooga and are 4-2 going into Ole Miss, that seems possible.

Other than that, I think our best shot would be to finish the season ranked if we run the table on South Carolina, Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy, which is possible but not necessarily likely.

It'd be REALLY great to FINISH ranked.

Reactions: 1 person

Agreed. Weren't we ranked 24 under CDD for all of 1 week? As far as I'm concerned, ranking doesn't mean much if you don't have the depth and experience to back it up week after week. But it will come. It will.

Agreed. Weren't we ranked 24 under CDD for all of 1 week? As far as I'm concerned, ranking doesn't mean much if you don't have the depth and experience to back it up week after week. But it will come. It will.

And it was kinda cool to see our name again and end the drought, but it all went away so, so quickly. That's why I think finishing the season ranked would be nice. That's something you could be pleased with throughout the offseason.

I want to beat Florida more than I care about any ranking this year, though :)

VN Store

Back