Will TN see 2 QB's on Saturday?

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
I say we will see two QB's for Florida on Saturday. Here is an article about FL QB woes.
Florida's QB Conundrum

Here is an excerpt from the article:
"If the Gators lose to Tennessee on Saturday or Driskel has another ineffective game, Harris could get the call, a move Muschamp told the Gainesville Sun he's already considered.

"I thought about it," Muschamp said of the possibility to switching to Harris late in the Gators' loss to Alabama. "Especially late in the game, from that situation."

And the worse that situation gets, the more likely that switch becomes.

I have no doubt that Driskel will struggle on Saturday against our talented defense. I think we see both QB's.

Great ! I am sure this back up is the Next Heisman Trophy winner that no one knows about and he will light us up.. #TennesseeLuck

Great ! I am sure this back up is the Next Heisman Trophy winner that no one knows about and he will light us up.. #TennesseeLuck

It's surprising how talented a backup QB can end up being. Like a certain Broncos QB that was at Georgia last week...

Still expect to kick their azz, especially if backup QB is like Peterman is right now

Reactions: 1 person
Any chance his plan is to play the backup very early, if not name him the starter and he's just saying all of this so we prepare for Driskel?

Butch isnt an idiot. Why are you people acting like Butch doesnt know UFs QB situation this year and isnt at least half way expecting to see the back up and game planning for it? No, we weren't prepared last year but dude went down with a freak injury. This isnt the same situation.

Highly unlikely, considering the fact that Muschamp was already feeling a little heat in the chair. If the backup was really that good , he would be starting already and saving Muschamps job.

Last edited:
If history is any guide, Saturday will be the jumping off point of Florida's backup qb Heisman campaign if he gets in the game.

I think Driskoll had a long TD run vs UT the year before last didnt he ?

Yea every QB Florida has had during this streak has killed us. Brantley twice, Driskel 2 yrs ago, Murphy came off the bench last yr.Hope it doesn't continue this wknd.

Our defense is much better this year. We can handle either one.

We have had several good defenses since '98. And many lesser QB's have had career games against us and against better defenses than this yrs. Top to bottom FL has more talent than us, they just don't have a Coach than knows how to utilize what he has.

Highly unlikely, considering the fact that Muschamp was already feeling a little heat in the chair. If the backup was really that good , he would be starting already and saving Muschamps job.

Actually the complete opposite. Could help save his job if he plays better than Driskel. I'm glad Brissett transferred to NC ST cause he looks great this yr.

VN Store

Back