ESPN's most watched game this year.

I'm a little surprised that volnation gets surprised when our games are viewed by a lot of people. We are a huge school with a huge following. I know it's easy to forget that after the past 6-7 years. But we are a national and partially global brand.

I moved here never knowing what football was. Now I bleed orange like a gatorade cooler. And you better believe I've sent my family members UT gear so we have UT fans in europe by accident.

Reactions: 11 people
I'm a little surprised that volnation gets surprised when our games are viewed by a lot of people. We are a huge school with a huge following. I know it's easy to forget that after the past 6-7 years. But we are a national and partially global brand.

I moved here never knowing what football was. Now I bleed orange like a gatorade cooler. And you better believe I've sent my family members UT gear so we have UT fans in europe by accident.

Not really.

UT does have a big fanbase but in terms of alumni/enrolled UT is actually fairly small. Smaller than Kentucky.

Not really.

UT does have a big fanbase but in terms of alumni/enrolled UT is actually fairly small. Smaller than Kentucky.

Yeah meant more as far as fan base rather than student enrollment. I know when I was there a few years ago it was in the high 20s. But football wise we have a huge fan base.

Makes you think about all those times playing on the West Coast and the North have paid off.

Oregon
UCLA
USC
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Rutgers
Syracuse
Army
Boston College

We were doing this stuff before every game was on TV which meant we garnered more interest for TV being cross-sectional.

I think it also attracts regional viewers after we play the games. Just like the Oregon fans who would hang around last year or the OK fans this year.

Reactions: 1 person

I've seen a growing number of UT stickers on cars down here in New Orleans.

Can anyone explain why this game was played at noon while the LSU New Mexico St game was played in primetime? That makes zero sense to me. Aren't better games usually played in primetime?

Seems like the prime time sec network game is the worst sec game like the old 11:30 am Jefferson pilot game that Dave Neal did.

Can anyone explain why this game was played at noon while the LSU New Mexico St game was played in primetime? That makes zero sense to me. Aren't better games usually played in primetime?

ESPN has been trying to hold over their massive audience from Gameday with good games in the noon slot.

Reactions: 2 people
IIRC three of the top five teams had the week off, along with Florida, and Auburn and LSU played at night. So who were they going to watch?

And Texas A&M and Florida have around twice that.

Yup.

When I was there in the late nineties, I believe it was less than 25k enrolled, including graduate students. There was only something like 18k undergraduates.

As far as enrollment, MTSU is a bigger school.

Yeah, this. I remember bumping into UT fans in England in the 80s and regularly seeing them all over the country. It never seemed odd because we were a top level program. But then we committed hara-kiri and the folks responsible and the local media have done a really good job of convincing the fans that we are some kind of mid-major who shouldn't expect to be on that level again.

We are a smaller school because we are exclusive:p not just anyone can get in. That is the truth! When I went in the 80's, I never even thought about not being admitted. Now the GPA is average 3.8!

We are a smaller school because we are exclusive:p not just anyone can get in. That is the truth! When I went in the 80's, I never even thought about not being admitted. Now the GPA is average 3.8!

Just go one year to a junior college and transfer in. Its much much easier to get in that way. Oh and once your in, as long as you stay in good academic standing, the readmission process is automatic

It was an early game too. Pretty f'n impressive (and slightly surprising) if you ask me.

VN Store

Back