a Defensive Question

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
where were the safeties at? I noticed several times that the middle of the Defensive back field was wide open,to me at least

I'm not sure what was going on and no,I'm not down on the Defense,I would just like to know what was going on

we all know there covering the enemy's Wide Receivers pretty good,great coverage and making some interceptions

I would think that is a lot of Mr Terry Fair a Defensive Quality Control Assistant,what ever the hell that is :)

but where were the safeties at ?

Played a lot of zero coverage and Cover 1 because we didn't have to worry about Hitson Mason beating us over the top.

Reactions: 1 person
Played a lot of zero coverage and Cover 1 because we didn't have to worry about Hitson Mason beating us over the top.

but once the running backs get past the defensive tackles ,they make some yardage

but they did shut down Mason

Reactions: 2 people
Randolph had 6 tackles and 2 assists, McNeil 4 and 5. That is 18 tackles they played a part in, so it seems they were out there doing something.

Randolph had 6 tackles and 2 assists, McNeil 4 and 5. That is 18 tackles they played a part in, so it seems they were out there doing something.
I could be wrong but I believe McNeil in particular perhaps had his best game as a Vol. If we hold a healthy Gurley led UGA to under 30 points, our D played well enough to win and they did.

Randolph is playing over the top while McNeil is up in run support. Ask Sony where the safties are this year. Mcneil flat laid the wood to to him and he was out the rest of the game. When we play a passing team then Randolph will show himself with a pick or a big hit.

Randolph is playing over the top while McNeil is up in run support. Ask Sony where the safties are this year. Mcneil flat laid the wood to to him and he was out the rest of the game. When we play a passing team then Randolph will show himself with a pick or a big hit.
DB's need to REMMEMBER that stud running backs can hurdle. Randolph is smart and will tackle next time vs trying to take out with a body dive.

Watching the replay...Randolph did not have his best game. Missed several BIG tackles that resulted in big gains. Part of that can be attributed to playing against the best back in the nation. I think he will bounce back.

VN Store

Back