Florida is close to a must win

TNinOR

Blood = Orange HEX F77F00
CBJ has stated that he doesn't like emotional teams, he prefers passionate ones. I agree, but I think this particular game is an exception. This game is not just any old game. Taking a simple workman-like approach to it is not going to be sufficient, in my opinion. This is stinking Florida and they have well-earned our wrath. Considering what they have done to us for the last decade, this may be the most important game in the Butch Jones era to date. And because of that, I think this team must play with high emotion, even controlled anger, in order to ensure a win. I suspect that's what we're going to see out of Florida. They certainly don't want to be the team that starts the pendulum swinging back in the other direction.

A win would be huge in so many ways: The most important of these are 1) It would solidify our belief that Coach Butch Jones is getting the program back on the winning track. 2) It would stoke VolNation morale like nothing has in several years. And 3) It would go a long way toward ensuring we go to a bowl game this year, which I think is more important than we realize at the moment.

The losses to Oklahoma and Georgia were disappointing, yes, but they were not unexpected. And considering the improvement and fight we think we've observed in this team so far, and the fact that the Florida game appears very winnable this year, I think we fully expect to win this one. But a loss would deal a serious setback to VolNation morale, would introduce the first real doubts about CBJ's coaching ability among some of our more negative Vol brethren, and would be a serious blow to our chances of seeing a bowl game this year.

We simply must take the fight to them and not let them come up for air. This is a huge, huge game. GO VOLS!!!

If we lose it means nothing fool. If we win, it means everything including we gonna steal us a DE from gator country

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed. This is a huge game for the Vols. Must win? I'm not sure. I have no doubt that we will win this game. The only concern I have, is the play-calling by Bajakian.

Butch Jones has undoubtedly turn this thing around--in my opinion. Recruiting, passion, game-day, and overall team effort have drastically improved.

a must win ? for the fans yes ,most of these players don't know or care about the last decade,there here to win now and don't care about the past

CBJ has stated that he doesn't like emotional teams, he prefers passionate ones. I agree, but I think this particular game is an exception. This game is not just any old game. Taking a simple workman-like approach to it is not going to be sufficient, in my opinion. This is stinking Florida and they have well-earned our wrath. Considering what they have done to us for the last decade, this may be the most important game in the Butch Jones era to date. And because of that, I think this team must play with high emotion, even controlled anger, in order to ensure a win. I suspect that's what we're going to see out of Florida. They certainly don't want to be the team that starts the pendulum swinging back in the other direction.

A win would be huge in so many ways: The most important of these are 1) It would solidify our belief that Coach Butch Jones is getting the program back on the winning track. 2) It would stoke VolNation morale like nothing has in several years. And 3) It would go a long way toward ensuring we go to a bowl game this year, which I think is more important than we realize at the moment.

The losses to Oklahoma and Georgia were disappointing, yes, but they were not unexpected. And considering the improvement and fight we think we've observed in this team so far, and the fact that the Florida game appears very winnable this year, I think we fully expect to win this one. But a loss would deal a serious setback to VolNation morale, would introduce the first real doubts about CBJ's coaching ability among some of our more negative Vol brethren, and would be a serious blow to our chances of seeing a bowl game this year.

We simply must take the fight to them and not let them come up for air. This is a huge, huge game. GO VOLS!!!

upset-tennessee-college-football-fan-2012.gif

If the Vols win I wouldn't call it a signature win for CBJ, but I would think it's a signature win for the fans. The fans need this win about as much as the players do, and if it's a Vols win, the taste of victory is gonna be hard to keep away from this team. If the Vols beat Florida I think 8-4 is possible.

Butch has been great for the fans.He brings us hope for a bright future.The team has improved a lot in one year.The one thing I don't understand is the play calling at times on offense. Every fan that watches UT can see how slow our zone read handoffs are and many times the backs are touched behind our own line.Why try that in the endzone and give up a safety or a touchdown? Why try to throw a 15 yd out when you need 3 yds? Then throw 3 yds when you need 10?

Butch has been great for the fans.He brings us hope for a bright future.The team has improved a lot in one year.The one thing I don't understand is the play calling at times on offense. Every fan that watches UT can see how slow our zone read handoffs are and many times the backs are touched behind our own line.Why try that in the endzone and give up a safety or a touchdown? Why try to throw a 15 yd out when you need 3 yds? Then throw 3 yds when you need 10?

Don't u know fans know nothing n u should never question authority..just like in history people should always do what the gov says because they always know what they r doing.

Signed sunshine sheep

Can someone explain the difference?

good questions,I'd like to see Worley under center more,since he isn't going to be running the ball,he doesn't need more punishment than what he is all ready getting

that play looked like it was going to be a safety any way,the fumble was a killer,of course a lot of blame has to go on the young players,several of them would have been red shirted,if the depth was there

but it isn't,so with the read option or what ever it is called,i would like to know why too

If the Vols win I wouldn't call it a signature win for CBJ, but I would think it's a signature win for the fans. The fans need this win about as much as the players do, and if it's a Vols win, the taste of victory is gonna be hard to keep away from this team. If the Vols beat Florida I think 8-4 is possible.

:lolabove: You know I think I agree with you. These kids who have been fighting so hard definitely deserve it.
Now go out and play like it. :rock::clapping:

GO VOLS!

a must win ? for the fans yes ,most of these players don't know or care about the last decade,there here to win now and don't care about the past

But, I guarantee you the 5th year Seniors don't want to be 0-5, The 4th year seniors/juniors don't want to be 0-4, the 3rd year juniors,sophs, don't want to be 0-3, the 2nd year sophs/freshmen don't want to be 0-2, and the 1st year players would love to be 1-0.

If you think these players don't care you are clueless!!

CBJ has stated that he doesn't like emotional teams, he prefers passionate ones.

Can someone explain the difference?

The dictionary definitions do not necessarily reflect it, but the way I heard CBJ explain it in a recent press conference, paraphrasing of course, is that "emotion" implies a roller-coaster ride of soaring highs followed by crashing lows, while "passion" implies a quiet, consistent, intense focus.

We have a hated rival coming to our house, and we honestly should win the game. Butch is 2-9 against teams from the Power 5, but this is now. A win Saturday makes a bowl game MUCH easier, ends a nightmarish streak, and proves on the field that we are making strides.

A loss would be extremely damaging for this year and momentum going forward. It was extend the streak, and have us praying for a win in the swamp next year. IMO this week is as big if not bigger than any other game on our schedule.

Sorry, I don't buy how a game can be equal parts a launching pad for a program and a devastating blow.

That's like saying that Florida is #1 in the country and #100 at the same time.

In reality, I think it's somewhere in the middle:

Winning the game would be a milestone in the rebuilding process. But if that milestone doesn't come now, there are plenty of opportunities left this season. While emotionally it may be a bigger deal to beat Florida to fans, it's a far bigger deal to beat a ranked team.

Reactions: 5 people
There have been 20 of these same threads this week so far. From Butch being in the hot seat to Butch needing to fire people if they don't win. There's only so many ways you can say "this game is important". This team looks at EVERY game as being extremely important. That's straight from the horse's mouth too.

Reactions: 1 person
No, winning the national championship game in 2016 is much more important than this game.

VN Store

Back