Guys, Our O-line Will Be Fine Against Florida...

VolinDalton

You'll Be Smitten
And if they do happen to need a little help, these guys have us covered...

florida-gators-blocking-meme.png

Reactions: 11 people
Another play like that occurred last week in, I believe, the Penn State-Northwestern game. Again, two offensive players from the same team wound up blocking each other.

If our O-Line holds up well we will Roll over florida. If they struggle we are in for a dog fight.

Eh, our o-line struggled last week and were still able to put up 32 points on a better team. With Florida's best d-lineman out I see our line holding up fine.

The key to this game is our very good defense against their terrible offense. I think they'll probably get 14 points at most so as long add we get above that I think we win.

Eh, our o-line struggled last week and were still able to put up 32 points on a better team. With Florida's best d-lineman out I see our line holding up fine.

The key to this game is our very good defense against their terrible offense. I think they'll probably get 14 points at most so as long add we get above that I think we win.

Florida's defense and special teams are the keys in my mind. If we don't have a turnover TD or return TD we'll be fine I think.

Reactions: 2 people
I reckon I'm just shell shocked from the passed 9 years but UF's Talent is still scary to me. Hopefully we can get this monkey off our backs this year!

Reactions: 1 person
after 4-5 games, the "we are young" excuse doesn't work anymore. The oline needs to suck it up and get it done. Plus, fla is missing some of their Dline with injuries and they don't have much pass rush anyway. The oline will shut them down!

Veterans after 4 or 5 games? How so? Another year through the strength program and getting used to big time football should help our frosh & sophomores tremendously (as well as a spring practice; which will be a first for some), and they're our best players. The Vols are coming back.

Reactions: 5 people
after 4-5 games, the "we are young" excuse doesn't work anymore. The oline needs to suck it up and get it done. Plus, fla is missing some of their Dline with injuries and they don't have much pass rush anyway. The oline will shut them down!

It would be great if it were that simple. The OL is getting a little better every week, but inexperience/ youth is not a quick fix. If we were talking about one position anchored by experience around that position, then yes. But we've got inexperience across the entire OL. Some will not develop as quickly as others will.

Reactions: 2 people
Veterans after 4 or 5 games? How so? Another year through the strength program and getting used to big time football should help our frosh & sophomores tremendously (as well as a spring practice; which will be a first for some), and they're our best players. The Vols are coming back.

If we figure out QB after Worley leaves, we'll be darn good. I have faith, though in either Peterman or Dobbs. The difference in Worley this year says good things about how this coaching staff affects QBs. :hi:

Another play like that occurred last week in, I believe, the Penn State-Northwestern game. Again, two offensive players from the same team wound up blocking each other.

Yeah...Penn State...it's funny cuz it's Franklin! :lol: :eek:lol: :rofl:

Reactions: 1 person
I reckon I'm just shell shocked from the passed 9 years but UF's Talent is still scary to me. Hopefully we can get this monkey off our backs this year!

to me they have a lot of talented players on there roster

they all ways seem to play great against the Vols,but UT has a bit more game experience and have played an SEC team,before the Gators this year

but Muschamp is most likely playing for his job this coming weekend too,he needs to knock down some wins or he will most likely be fired

so who knows what to expect from the Gators ,just like the young Vols :)

Seriously, what's up with the dude in the left side at the one yard line. Flat on his face and noone around him. What the heck?

to me they have a lot of talented players on there roster

they all ways seem to play great against the Vols,but UT has a bit more game experience and have played an SEC team,before the Gators this year

but Muschamp is most likely playing for his job this coming weekend too,he needs to knock down some wins or he will most likely be fired

so who knows what to expect from the Gators ,just like the young Vols :)
not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not, but UF has played UK and bama already this year. Just an FYI.

not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not, but UF has played UK and bama already this year. Just an FYI.
True and their defense did not show up for either game. Their D was supposed to be good this year and it has yet to make an appearance. There's no reason to believe they it will magically reappear at Neyland on Saturday. If we contain the QB keeper plays, we blow them out, their QB such as he is does have foot speed and size, but he's been the only actual offense they have to date.

VN Store

Back