2014 Season Pick Contest - Week #6

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Great slate of games this weekend. It's the best week of conference games so far this year.

-----
Guys this is the weekly pick contest which will last the entire season and consist of 14 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Last Week's Results

This week's

Season Standings

Good luck and thanks for playing.

Don't forget to enter your score pick for the Florida game.
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...5820-official-pick-score-contest-florida.html

Picking tennessee and rutgers. Don't F with me boys. Funny story...

When you type tennessee schedule or georgia schedule in google, the football schedule is the first link. When you type in rutgers schedule, it's class schedules. Lolololololol, nerds.

Reactions: 2 people
Disaster of 5/5 last week. Freak, you going to keep putting Michigan on there to throw us off? :)

LSU pulling the upset over Barn.

Freak- it is showing I only got 4 right but I got 6 right and missed four. Could you check on this for me? Thanks

Disaster of 5/5 last week. Freak, you going to keep putting Michigan on there to throw us off? :)

LSU pulling the upset over Barn.

Michigan is such a train wreck, it's hard to look away. :)

Michigan is such a train wreck, it's hard to look away. :)

Well, the good news for all of us is Michigan is going to continue to lose, the point spreads will continue to balloon, and you will be forced to eliminate any Michigan games from consideration.

Please tell me all of this is true...

Freak, it's showing I only got 3 right when I got 6. Would you mind checking on this?

Last edited:
In every game but two I went with both the Vegas favorite and the favorite of my talent evaluations. The two exceptions this week were Auburn over LSU, and UT over Florida. Auburn and LSU are closely situated in recruited talent, and the game being played at Auburn is the key to me. Florida has a considerable amount of talent but Muschamp is the wild card. With the game at Neyland and Tennessee playing relatively sound ball right now, I think the upset cometh. Admittedly, I have said that for ten years now.

Other than that...

The A&M v. MSU game is troubling to me. A&M is getting more respect than they deserve for winning the games that they should, while MSU is getting more respect than they deserve for beating an LSU team that typically drops a game a year to lessor talent. Talent says A&M, but that game scares me.

And of course Meechigan. To borrow a phrase from Chappelle, what can be said about Michigan that hasn't already been said about Iraq? It's a disaster. It is exceptionally hard to pick against all of that talent when a coach is coaching for his life. They have embarrassed themselves, and my picks, more than I care to admit. I guess I pick them again because of the 'gambler's fallacy.' I'm due a win with the Wolverines, right? right?

Last edited:
Picking Michigan to lose has been working great for me so far. No reason to change this week. Virginia Tech is killing me though. I don't think I have picked a single one of there games correctly yet.

Picking Michigan to lose has been working great for me so far. No reason to change this week. Virginia Tech is killing me though. I don't think I have picked a single one of there games correctly yet.

Well that explains why you're 4 games ahead of me. ;)

Well that explains why you're 4 games ahead of me. ;)

:)

I'm just going off my gut, what I have seen from the teams, and who they have and haven't beaten. Michigan has looked terrible, and I see no signs of that stopping. There are a several that scare me this week though.

Seems like I missed last week, Ill stay in though. Has a player ever won the prize while missing a week?

Seems like I missed last week, Ill stay in though. Has a player ever won the prize while missing a week?

My guess would be no. I would estimate you need to average somewhere between 7 and 8 correct picks per week to win. If you miss a week your chances of averaging a high enough wins/week are slim to none.

I missed the first week and have climbed up but unless you throw up like 3 perfect weeks and those at top just all of the sudden have awful weeks. Then no way. But it is too much fun not to participate.

VN Store

Back