The key to making a bowl game: Peterman

VolAllen

playing most, if not ALL of the Chattanooga game. I understand that it's homecoming and that the senior QB should get the start, but in reality, Nathan Peterman should be able to lead the Vols to a W over Chatt.

3 series without Worley at the helm most likely cost us the game Saturday against UGA. We're an injured Worley away from finishing 4-8/5-7. We must keep him healthy to become bowl eligible.

Let Worley play the 1st quarter of the Chatt game and then put Peterman in. The kid needs a confidence booster after his disastrous appearances against UF (2013) and UGA. The experience could go a long way if something were to happen to Worley mid season.

Coach Jones, if you're taking notes from the Volnation Coaching Academy, please play Peterman.

Reactions: 10 people
playing most, if not ALL of the Chattanooga game. I understand that it's homecoming and that the senior QB should get the start, but in reality, Nathan Peterman should be able to lead the Vols to a W over Chatt.

3 series without Worley at the helm most likely cost us the game Saturday against UGA. We're an injured Worley away from finishing 4-8/5-7. We must keep him healthy to become bowl eligible.

Let Worley play the 1st quarter of the Chatt game and then put Peterman in. The kid needs a confidence booster after his disastrous appearances against UF (2013) and UGA. The experience could go a long way if something were to happen to Worley mid season.

Coach Jones, if you're taking notes from the Volnation Coaching Academy, please play Peterman.

So you are saying you would like us to lose to UTC? I'm thinking you are a Mocs fan!
Peterman should have his scholarship revoked.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 5 people
I'm torn on this. In a way id like Worley to have a nice laid back day to fine tune his pitch and catch with his receivers, but I also can see where an essential bye week for him could be good rest.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully we will be up enough at halftime to let Pertman work the offense in the second half. I still believe in Peterman. Hell the two times he's played was on the road at Florida and UGA. He has been thrown to the wolves twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Hopefully we will be up enough at halftime to let Pertman work the offense in the second half. I still believe Peterman and be a good QB. Hell the 2 times he's played was on the road at Florida and UGA. He has been thrown to the wolves twice.

you have good points.

Reactions: 3 people
As the quality of play increases, the quality of threads seems to be spiraling downward.

Reactions: 22 people

Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!" - YouTube

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 2 people
I agree somewhat with the OP, but I would see Peterman coming out to begin the 4th qtr as the most likely scenario, or the 3rd qtr if the game is already blown out. Worley is not going to survive the season, taking the hits that he is.

Reactions: 1 person
Not a bad idea to put Pete in for the second half.

If it were up to me, I'd play him the entire game. Our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th strings should be able to handle Chatty. The rest would be great for Worley and the experience would be great for Peterman. It's a win-win-win as long as Pete doesn't **** it up lol.

OP clearly hasn't stopped to consider that every member of our OL would likely tear their ACL diving, trying to recover Peterman's knuckle balls

Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully we will be up enough at halftime to let Pertman work the offense in the second half. I still believe in Peterman. Hell the 2 times he's played was on the road at Florida and UGA. He has been thrown to the wolves twice.

I'm not endorsing Peterman but I agree with your post.

Reactions: 2 people

Uhmmm, let's get a 3 TD lead first. We don't need another Appalachian St.

In reality, Worley starts each game THEN Peterman may come in for garbage time

If they bring him in, let him run the offense. When he got in this year all they let him do was hand off up the gut. That came back to bite us in the butt at Ga. Make it like a controlled scrimmage, if he sucks it up, put the starter back in. He needs a touch of success to help get his mind in a better place. We may need him, God help us.

VN Store

Back