Derrell Scott vs Florida

VolsFanFromNY

If Scott plays against Florida he will make a huge impact on the game. We start out with hammering Hurd up the middle, then switch it up with the shifty Scott on a few delayed handoffs. As far as Marlin Lane, I'd rather Young get his carries. Lane has been a huge dissapointment this year. If Scott gets substantial playing time (at least 10 carries) wouldn't be surprised if he gains more yards then Hurd. Can't wait for this Saturday, GBO!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
If Scott plays against Florida he will make a huge impact on the game. We start out with hammering Hurd up the middle, then switch it up with the shifty Scott on a few delayed handoffs. As far as Marlin Lane, I'd rather Young get his carries. Lane has been a huge dissapointment this year. If Scott gets substantial playing time (at least 10 carries) wouldn't be surprised if he gains more yards then Hurd. Can't wait for this Saturday, GBO!!!!!!!

You do know that Marlin has been nursing a banged up shoulder, correct?

Reactions: 9 people

There hasn't been any love for Lane on this board despite the fact that he has been a team player and performed pretty well in the situations that he was called on. He can't help it the the OC called his number on two 3 and 5's, in which the defense on both occasions stunted and tackled him in the backfield. Yeah, that's definitely his fault. I specifically remember Lane celebrating the most on Jalen's first long run in the first series; a long run that was partially his doing because he picked up the key block.

But please, all you "vol' fans continue to bash Croom and Lane for doing the best they can and giving it all for Tennessee every Saturday. You only say you love the Vols, they had bled for it. This board is the definition of pathetic during the season. I'm heading back over to the recruiting board where at least some sane posters still reside.

Reactions: 61 people
There hasn't been any love for Lane on this board despite the fact that he has been a team player and performed pretty well in the situations that he was called on. He can't help it the the OC called his number on two 3 and 5's, in which the defense on both occasions stunted and tackled him in the backfield. Yeah, that's definitely his fault. I specifically remember Lane celebrating the most on Jalen's first long run in the first series; a long run that was partially his doing because he picked up the key block.

But please, all you "vol' fans continue to bash Croom and Lane for doing the best they can and giving it all for Tennessee every Saturday. You only say you love the Vols, they had bled for it. This board is the definition of pathetic during the season. I'm heading back over to the recruiting board where at least some sane posters still reside.

All I said was Lane has been a dissapointment, take it easy. We are all Vol fans here and hope they all do well each week.

Reactions: 3 people

Young? As in Devrin Young? Wat??

Reactions: 3 people

Another player who has never played a snap making the difference in a big SEC game for us? I don't put much faith in even the best HS film on players until they strap it on.

Reactions: 1 person
Lane hasn't had a great start this year, not bashing him it's just the truth. Hopefully he turns it around especially this being his senior year but right now I would like to see him and Scott split the 2nd team snaps. Let's see what Scott can do.

Young shouldn't see the field in any capacity.

There's no doubt I question some of his kick returns but I have never said wow that run was terrible. I know he has about 15 or so career carries but he has some quick short bursts and has a chance to make a play in open space.

I don't see us pounding the rock against UF atleast until we establish the passing game. Even Ala came out slinging the ball all over the field then wore them out with the run game late. We won't be able to run on them from start to finish.

Lane has been hurt. Young shouldn't get many if any carries.

Lane is a good rb, injuries have been hurting his career since high school. There is no debate between lane and young. Lane is twice as talented. I can't believe you started this thread. This freakin guy.

I am a fan of Lane. He has shown to be a steady leader and consistent player. I do wish he would break out in a game. He reminds me of Marshall Faulk, but has not performed to that level, but I do think that he is capable

There's no doubt I question some of his kick returns but I have never said wow that run was terrible. I know he has about 15 or so career carries but he has some quick short bursts and has a chance to make a play in open space.

Young has been tripped up by more grass than anybody I've ever seen! If you notice once he hits the hole, he stumbles every single time.

VN Store

Back