Share why you love theBig Orange.

majorvol

My uncle influenced me . I remember he would pace on his porch listening to the radio ( John Ward) every Saturday . I think of him every time I go to Neyland . He loved the Vols and that's why I do.

Reactions: 2 people
Why I dont love the Vols would be a shorter list!

I love the Vols because my Dad loves the Vols. Growing up in Greeneville it is a religion. I grew up watching them and my dad took me to my first game in 90 and it was one of the earliest things i remember. When my mom moved to VA I would always wear my UT Vols gear. My dad and I still talk every Saturday during half and after the game. Its a great tradition. We go to at least one game together every year. This year its Florida. Cant wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
always been a football fan....enjoyed playing in HS and went to a small school that will not be competitive outside its conference...if it can be there. Never had a "team" until stationed at FT Campbell in late 80's / early 90's....started watching the Vols with friends and caught the fever! Loved the hard-nosed, smash you in the face running and stout defense. Like many old guys....prefer the low scoring, hard fought games to basketball scores....the new offenses just don't impress my old-guy football taste...would rather see stout D, but that's what I played in the day....sooo. All in for the guys this year and think there are several players on this team that are and will be special....saw it the last 2 weeks if no one else did. UT is on the verge....and its a matter of time before all cylinders click! GO VOLS!!!

My dad started taking me to games when I was old enough to walk. I am a Tennessee Vol fan and dang proud of it!

You my friend need to find another hobby. Because this is bigger than a few years this was built over decades.

That is not what i meant. I meant there are very few reasons I dont love the Vols. There are more reasons than i can count that I do love the Vols. Please don't misunderstand me my friend. I bleed Orange and have stuck with them and represented them all along this rough patch. No fair weather fan here sir.

John Ward!! Enough said!! Grew up with the vols as a young boy in the late 60's and even remembering watching the dreaded Archie Manning mules game along with the first night game against Penn State. But, when it came to creating an electric atmosphere surrounding the vols, John Ward is it. I watched many games with the TV volume down and listening John Ward on the radio.
:good!:

Reactions: 2 people
That is not what i meant. I meant there are very few reasons I dont love the Vols. There are more reasons than i can count that I do love the Vols. Please don't misunderstand me my friend. I bleed Orange and have stuck with them and represented them all along this rough patch. No fair weather fan here sir.

Sorry I didn't give you time to express. I like what you said.

1985 was the year..i was 9, I'm from Memphis and my cousin is about 8-9 years older than me he went to UT and always brought me back hats and gear. The Sugar Vols got me loving the Vols and it's never stopped..the first visit to Neyland was like Disneyland to me even though we played Vandy..the Andy Kelly years

Reactions: 1 person
Every time I see big orange I think of this pic

Mangino_and_Orange_Bowl_mascot.jpg

Started going to games with my father in the early 70's. Now take my son to one game each year. His first at Neyland but the rest are away games to each different stadium. Orange blood just runs in our family. Planning on Ole Miss and Kentucky game this year.

Uncled played baseball for UT in the 1980's. His brother, my dad, carried the fanship and gave it to me.

Just me, though. My brother and mom are cock fans.

I am 50 yrs old and I have been a VFL for all my life. My Dad and Mom had season tickets to the games and took me and my sister to them. I still remember listening to John Ward and going out in the back yard and playing football. I still follow them with a passion every football season. VFL or go home!

Well I went to Knoxville a Notre Dame fan (just another Catholic who didn't know better) in 1990 and it took one season to fix that. During the Miracle at South Bend I was sold on the Vols! My blood turned orange!

I'm an East Tennessean by birth.

Family is full of UT fans going back to my grandparents attending games during Neyland's tenure as head coach.

It's just the way it is...............I can't explain it.
It's like why do I love my wife....I just do.

Born and raised in Tennessee is why I'm a Vol fan. I came from a family that wasn't big sports fans at all. When I started getting into football it was a no brainer for me to pull for my home state. GBO!

VN Store

Back