• short.jpg
    short.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,385
  • 4th down.jpg
    4th down.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,303
Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
The picture says 3rd and 11. So this was the third down run right?

I honestly can't remember. That play has already been deleted from my memory.

The 3rd down spot was ridiculously bad not the 4th down spot. Should have been 4th and 5 not 4th and 3. Wouldn't have mattered though. Still SEC officials suck bad. Ball spotting is always terrible. Virtually every play is wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
We were screwed on many calls... That spot...gurley supposed reach over touchdown...no call on fair catch n run..I counted 7 holding calls refs missed going over the tape.. And I could go on... But its not worth it...

It boils down to uga being sece best chance at playoff and gurleys heisman campaign. And it was between the hedges..

Reactions: 5 people
The 3rd down spot was ridiculously bad not the 4th down spot.

I think the point may have been that the 3rd down spot would have changed the 4th down spot and possibly the play call.

I'm more bothered by the early game hold that was not called on Gurley's first good run compared with the ridiculous call on North. I'm bothered more by the double standard on holding in that game more than any other thing with the officials.

We were screwed on many calls... That spot...gurley supposed reach over touchdown...no call on fair catch n run..I counted 7 holding calls refs missed going over the tape.. And I could go on... But its not worth it...

It boils down to uga being sece best chance at playoff and gurleys heisman campaign. And it was between the hedges..
Agree on everything except the TD. It looked to me like he got it over for just a moment.

I think the point may have been that the 3rd down spot would have changed the 4th down spot and possibly the play call.

I'm more bothered by the early game hold that was not called on Gurley's first good run compared with the ridiculous call on North. I'm bothered more by the double standard on holding in that game more than any other thing with the officials.

No I completely agree with you I'm just saying with the time left the final result would likely be the same. The officials were awful as usual. Butch needs to go off on the SEC and demand some answers before this gets more out of hand.

Reactions: 1 person
A game is never decided on one play. We had chances and didn't capitalize.

That's true... and false. Every play in football is effected by the plays that came before. A different standard for holding will change every play through the course of the game in subtle but meaningful ways.

Gurley's first good run in the 1st half went for 16 yds aided by a flagrant hold by a WR. Go back and watch for yourself if you think I'm wrong... then compare to North's supposed hold. If the WR is called then UGA probably punts or tries a long FG. Instead, it helped them score on a short field.

A bad spot in this case changed down and distance and probably the play call. 4th and 3 you know you're getting Gurley and that he probably makes it. 4th and 7... you probably get a punt or they roll the dice with Mason.

Every play good and bad by the players impacts the outcome... and so does every call or non-call by the officials.

Reactions: 21 people
No I completely agree with you I'm just saying with the time left the final result would likely be the same. The officials were awful as usual. Butch needs to go off on the SEC and demand some answers before this gets more out of hand.

Did you read his lips after the sideline call before the half? I have little doubt that the questions he sends the league officiating office each week are "colorful".

Did you read his lips after the sideline call before the half? I have little doubt that the questions he sends the league officiating office each week are "colorful".

I was happy to see that! Butch is sending a message to everyone to stop "f"ing with UT. It's about to get real up in here!

you can't fumble in your own end zone and expect to win....against anyone, much less the#12 in the country on the road. We make less mistakes in this game and we win it in spite of Gurley's 200 yards effort. This game wasn't about the ref's robbing us, we beat ourselves more than anything Saturday.

you can't fumble in your own end zone and expect to win....against anyone, much less the#12 in the country on the road. We make less mistakes in this game and we win it in spite of Gurley's 200 yards effort. This game wasn't about the ref's robbing us, we beat ourselves more than anything Saturday.

Don't think anyone is saying we were "robbed" but is it wrong to want the officials to get it right?

VN Store

Back