I'm scared...

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
6 days away and I am already a nervous wreck thinking about the game on Saturday. I know we should win, but this game has a massive mental aspect to it as well. There have been probably 3 or 4 years in this 10 year stretch where we should have won, but Florida wins anyway.

Luckily, it seems like these players don't care about the past or what has happened. I have full confidence in Jones to get the job done.

Reactions: 13 people
6 days away and I am already a nervous wreck thinking about the game on Saturday. I know we should win, but this game has a massive mental aspect to it as well. There have been probably 3 or 4 years in this 10 year stretch where we should have won, but Florida wins anyway.

Luckily, it seems like these players don't care about the past or what has happened. I have full confidence in Jones to get the job done.

Well I wasn't till now.
Thanks for that

Reactions: 7 people

No team has been in our heads the last 20 plus years the way Florida has. I am excited and all the signs point to a UT victory, but at this point I will have to see it to believe it.

Reactions: 4 people

I feel the same way. I won't get a lot of sleep this week and my anxiety is already through the roof. I know we will win if we play like we are capable.

Reactions: 1 person
All that fear is in our heads. The players are too young to worry about 10 years of failure against UF.

One advantage of our youth.

Good lord people it's one game. If we lose, big deal. It would be no different than the Georgia loss. Some of you need to quit thinking the season hinges on 1 game. It doesn't.

Do I want to beat UF? You bet. If we don't does that mean anything? Not really.

Reactions: 4 people
Good lord people it's one game. If we lose, big deal. It would be no different than the Georgia loss. Some of you need to quit thinking the season hinges on 1 game. It doesn't.

Do I want to beat UF? You bet. If we don't does that mean anything? Not really.

Not a true fan :)

Don't be skurred brother. All of the pressure is on them. They are the ones that have an extended winning streak against us. The Kentucky game used to scare me every year until my fears became reality in 2011.

Besides, it's not a mental handicap for some of our good freshman like Hurd, Wolf and Malone. They've never lost to Florida. I for one am excited to see Sutton hand Driskel his lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I hope we find a way to hang 70 on them and take out all of the aggression of Saturday on Florida. That is what good teams do feed off the loss and bring extra aggression and make the next team pay dearly.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't be skurred brother. All of the pressure is on them. They are the ones that have an extended winning streak against us. The Kentucky game used to scare me every year until my fears became reality in 2011.

Besides, it's not a mental handicap for some of our good freshman like Hurd, Wolf and Malone. They've never lost to Florida. I for one am excited to see Sutton hand Driskel his lunch.

Why would Sutton hand Driskel his lunch...oh I see where your going there. I would rather one of our dl to knock the lunch out of him, but since our game is so early, the breakfast.

Reactions: 3 people
OP, you are quite correct. Historically, Florida has often had better overall talent and, even when they didn't, we tend to play tight against them. That may have been exacerbated by the fact that Florida was usually the first big opponent we faced each season. Consequently, I am delighted that they are third in the lineup of major opponents on our schedule this year. Having already played Oklahoma and Georgia on the road, I expect our boys to enter this game as another big game but not one that ties their nerves in knots. Furthermore, this team has already demonstrated that even catastrophic mistakes do not cripple this team's will to fight. For example, Georgia scores shortly before halftime to extend the lead to 21-10, we respond with a 7-play, 83-yard drive for a touchdown to basically close out the half. In the fourth quarter, Georgia recovers a fumble in our end zone for a touchdown to move out in front 35-25. Again, we respond with another 7-play, 58-yard drive for a touchdown. This team has demonstrated that, despite their youth and inexperience, they will not wilt under pressure. I really like the fight in this team and fully expect them to finally defeat the Reptilian Horde, that is so long as we can keep Justin Worley on his feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I hope we find a way to hang 70 on them and take out all of the aggression of Saturday on Florida. That is what good teams do feed off the loss and bring extra aggression and make the next team pay dearly.

Would be awesome, but Jones has class, so he wouldn't intentionally run up the score. If it was me, however, I wouldn't stop scoring until the scoreboard hit 100 and the time clock had triple zeroes

Why would Sutton hand Driskel his lunch...oh I see where your going there. I would rather one of our dl to knock the lunch out of him, but since our game is so early, the breakfast.

Haha yeah. Should have said Sutton will take his lunch from him then cram it down his throat. But I agree, I'd like to see big Danny O hit him with the rock bottom.

Would be awesome, but Jones has class, so he wouldn't intentionally run up the score. If it was me, however, I wouldn't stop scoring until the scoreboard hit 100 and the time clock had triple zeroes

With our luck the last 5 years even if the time clock shows triple 000 then we should go ahead and try to punch another one in even if the lead is 52-0

Reactions: 2 people
I'll be working all week but I'm ready for Saturday. I want this so such that I can taste it but win or lose life will go on. I have full faith that this team is not scared of the Gators and will hit them in the mouth. After watching the Dooley teams lay down, I can handle losing if they don't quit. Wins will come, they are learning.

and no as another said I DO NOT want Cam to knock the crap out of Driskel there is a very good possibility he could be our MVP for the game

I hate Florida more than I hate Bama.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back