Worley and Hurd

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
You can't say enough good things about these guys. They are leading and carrying the offense.

The uptick in Worley from junior to senior is stratospheric. He is a Top 4 SEC QB right now. It's 1000x more impressive than Crompdaddy; JC had all the physical tools from day one but still needed half of his RS senior season for the lights to come on. Worley is leading by example, making plays, playing tougher than a coffin nail. He's having a Travis Stephens / Tony Thompson esque senior campaign.

Stooley has probably punked 2015 already by burning his redshirt against Alabama which a damn clueless jellyfish would have thought better of.

Hurd is amazing for a freshman. He's improved every game so far. His blocking for a freshman RB is insane. He's making big plays by himself with a very inexperienced O-line. I think we are going to enjoy some big plays from the Wild Hurd until that young man goes into the NFL.

The receivers deserve some props too, no doubt. But these two guys are really carrying the offense right now. And if Bajakian doesn't line Worley up under center for the first time in five years, we probably win that game yesterday thanks to them.

Reactions: 1 person
The leadership factor in Worley is what is impressing me, I said during the game thread when Worley went down if he can come back and beat Georgia his status as one of the great Vol QB's would be legendary..

The leadership factor in Worley is what is impressing me, I said during the game thread when Worley went down if he can come back and beat Georgia his status as one of the great Vol QB's would be legendary..

I think his toughness and quiet fighting spirit will endear him to Vols fans for life. We must remember, he has seen dark days at Tennessee. I'm proud of him and thankful he is as tough a QB as I have witnessed. We are lucky to have him.

Go Vols! Beat Florida!

Reactions: 2 people
It was shocking to see the difference between Worley and Hurd vs Peterman and Lane. I was pretty convinced that this was going to be Lane's year, but it just seems like there's something that's hampering his play. Seemed like Lane wasn't reading the defense and helping out on pass blocking either. I hope he gets his game together ... Wish him the very best.

It was shocking to see the difference between Worley and Hurd vs Peterman and Lane. I was pretty convinced that this was going to be Lane's year, but it just seems like there's something that's hampering his play. Seemed like Lane wasn't reading the defense and helping out on pass blocking either. I hope he gets his game together ... Wish him the very best.

It's official, Worley is the most improved player in the SEC YTD and way tougher than anyone knew. Have a ton of respect for him and his turnaround, must have busted his ass the past 12 months to get better and stay focused. He has become one of the better QB's in the conference. I was not a Worley fan prior to this season, by a long shot. Am now.

You can't say enough good things about these guys. They are leading and carrying the offense.

The uptick in Worley from junior to senior is stratospheric. He is a Top 4 SEC QB right now. It's 1000x more impressive than Crompdaddy; JC had all the physical tools from day one but still needed half of his RS senior season for the lights to come on. Worley is leading by example, making plays, playing tougher than a coffin nail. He's having a Travis Stephens / Tony Thompson esque senior campaign.

Stooley has probably punked 2015 already by burning his redshirt against Alabama which a damn clueless jellyfish would have thought better of.

Hurd is amazing for a freshman. He's improved every game so far. His blocking for a freshman RB is insane. He's making big plays by himself with a very inexperienced O-line. I think we are going to enjoy some big plays from the Wild Hurd until that young man goes into the NFL.

The receivers deserve some props too, no doubt. But these two guys are really carrying the offense right now. And if Bajakian doesn't line Worley up under center for the first time in five years, we probably win that game yesterday thanks to them.

You're going to hurt yourself jumping on and off the bandwagon so much.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think its unreasonable to say that Worley has made himself a paycheck for his play, something which would have been unthinkable a year ago. If he had the line of those QBs which some say are better, he would be the talk of the SEC.

All of those calling for Bajakian's job need to take a step back and look at what a wonderful job he has done with Worley. People seem to forget that he does more than call CBJ's plays for him. He's turning out to be one heck of a QB coach. Go VOLS here's to the good times around the corner.

Reactions: 2 people
I would take Worley over every other SEC QB. I did not see a better QB over the weekend and he is just getting better. That said he is probably the most under-rated PLAYER in the SEC. I hope he makes it to the next level.

Reactions: 5 people
I know one thing Worley has learned.. It's to get the ball off quick and make good decisions because of the OLine..that's a positive... You could tell Peterman was holding it too long and over thinking his decision if he had one..

I would take Worley over every other SEC QB. I did not see a better QB over the weekend and he is just getting better. That said he is probably the most under-rated PLAYER in the SEC. I hope he makes it to the next level.

You very well may be right. Miss State's Prescott and 'Bama's Sims are outstanding, but it is impossible to compare them to Worley because those guys can just sit back, take their time, and find junior and senior receivers.

Wasn't the first time Worley has been under center this yr but wasn't it Peterman that was the QB at that point?

You very well may be right. Miss State's Prescott and 'Bama's Sims are outstanding, but it is impossible to compare them to Worley because those guys can just sit back, take their time, and find junior and senior receivers.

Dammit Dooley! Not one single o-lineman recruited? Really? Really?

All of those calling for Bajakian's job need to take a step back and look at what a wonderful job he has done with Worley. People seem to forget that he does more than call CBJ's plays for him. He's turning out to be one heck of a QB coach. Go VOLS here's to the good times around the corner.

I've personally only said fire him as the offensive coordinator....he can stay on if he wants just as QB coach if he wants.

Best QB in the SEC to date is TA&M's Kenny Hill, hands down. Then Prescott, then Worley for me, but the season is not over and a lot of football is to be played.

Worley's confidence is what impresses me. During games last year he looked scared and lost every play. This year, stone cold...stoic even. :matrix:

VN Store

Back