Set down the kool aid for one second.

What are the chances we beat the Gators?

• Total voters

ankh83

Stray dogma
I am so impressed with our young team that I have decided to fly the 900+ miles and take my mom, avid vol fan, to her very first game-day experience. I remember what it was like in 2004, and would give anything to relive that day. But if we were to set down the perverbial kool-aid, and attempt to temper expectations... what do you think are the realistic odds that we beat the gators?

Any predictions on a betting line?

Go Vols

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I am so impressed with our young team that I have decided to fly the 900+ miles and take my mom, avid vol fan, to her very first game-day experience. I remember what it was like in 2004, and would give anything to relive that day. But if we were to set down the perverbial kool-aid, and attempt to temper expectations... what do you thing are the realistic odds that we beat the gators?

Go Vols

40% chance. Would be 60%, but just because it's florida they get an extra 20 in their favor.

-3 Tennessee

I am so impressed with our young team that I have decided to fly the 900+ miles and take my mom, avid vol fan, to her very first game-day experience. I remember what it was like in 2004, and would give anything to relive that day. But if we were to set down the perverbial kool-aid, and attempt to temper expectations... what do you thing are the realistic odds that we beat the gators?

Go Vols

Every game left we got a chance...

Go Vols

Honestly, I think it's a close one next week. Just the fact that it is Florida is enough to make it close in my mind. I would love to think that we go out and dominate the entire game but our O line is still not very good right now. It all comes down to how much time Worley has in the pocket. If he gets time to throw, he'll carve the Gators up like a Thanksgiving turkey. If not, get ready for a close one.

Reactions: 2 people
Everybody except Bama.

Agreed, but also giving our road losing streak against ranked teams I don't like our chances at ole miss. Yea they didn't look great lastnight but they have Ala and gameday next week so I doubt they were focused. I can see them beating Ala if Wallace plays well.

If it were in "The Swamp", I'd say stay home, but it's not. It's in Neyland Stadium, and I think that swings it slightly in our favor. The gators offense has yet to impress me, so I'm not too worried on that front. Their defense will be the question. If we win the turnover battle, we win the game. I like our chances.

Agreed, but also giving our road losing streak against ranked teams I don't like our chances at ole miss. Yea they didn't look great lastnight but they have Ala and gameday next week so I doubt they were focused. I can see them beating Ala if Wallace plays well.
Went to the Ole Miss gm last night.. Their team doesn't impress me. They will get smoked by Bama and I believe we will beat em as long as we got a healthy Worley. We are in huge trouble if he goes down again..

My brother-in-law who is a Florida fan wants to deer hunt Saturday..... I find that really odd since this is the only Saturday during deer season he doesn't want to hunt! Ha ha

Reactions: 2 people
My brother-in-law who is a Florida fan wants to deer hunt Saturday..... I find that really odd since this is the only Saturday during deer season he doesn't want to hunt! Ha ha

How ironic I plan on going on a gator hunt and I haven't been on one in ten years!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this poll is showing we are addicted to the kool-aid, or if we have as good of a chance as I assume. Most likely there is some truth to both.

Vols will be in every game going forward except the Bama game, and that is not a bad thing. Bama will win that game by double digits, but this team has shown it will not go down easy to anyone, let alone Bama. This team will also lose some of the remaining games because of the OL and other spots which are still inexperienced. But there is a bowl game waiting at the end of the season, only question is how good of a bowl game. It might be a better one than most would have predicted earlier, as this team could win 8 games, and 7 is the floor.

I'm trying to be as objective as possible, but I really think we should beat Florida -- not that we will, but that we should. Yes, they have a good defense, a very good defense, and our OL is young, but we should be able to score because their defense can't carry the whole game for them. Their offense is not very good. If they go off, it's going to be because of Sunseri-level ineptness.

Now, it's Florida and Florida always beats us, so I know none of the normal rules apply. But if this staff knows how to coach and motivate, and they sure ought to, we should beat a team that is reeling and potentially in a fragile state of mind about their future and the future of their coaches. Florida is not so much better than us talent wise that they can demolish us. We have enough talent to beat them. If the coaching staff can really coach, we ought to win next week.

If we lose, I will be disappointed enough to begin questioning the staff. It's time to exorcise this demon. If we can't do it now it's not happening for a good while longer.

I've always counted the Gators as a win this year. The streak has to end, and who better than this legacy class of freshmen to usher in a new era in Neyland. It feels right, and I believe this team, led by AJ and Worley, will do it.

Just like we don't get to win just because our name is Tennessee niether does Florida. I get why many feel that way, but I would take our team and coaches 100 times out of 100 over the gators. JMO

I can't even fathom the depths of idiocy this board will descend to if Butch loses this one after so many on here think we have a > 75% chance of winning.

I can't even fathom the depths of idiocy this board will descend to if Butch loses this one after so many on here think we have a > 75% chance of winning.

If you're here and gonna be visiting it, it should be expected.. Since I've been here 2006 I've seen a lot of this.. To me this is pure entertainment value..

Last edited:

I'm in the 51-74% bracket. Any given Saturday and all that, but I think we have an even money chance of winning at home this year.

But I won't Chernobyl like others likely absolutely will if we don't win.

This is the first year since 2005 that I've thought we had the better team.

We should win, but the better team doesn't always win. We are certainly due a win in this series. If we don't win I will be extremely disappointed but so far I have no doubt this program is headed in the right direction.

VN Store

Back