We're Not Young...

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
We are Talented, and talented enough to beat anyone in the SEC East this year. We faced a horrible Georgia team yesterday and came away with another road loss. Sorry, but this is eerily reminding me of the end of Fulmer's reign where he couldn't coach himself out of an open paper bag. Yesterday's game was ours to win, but we went in to our "let's not lose the game" vs "let's win the game" mentality.

We have the talent on the field - we just need a group of coaches to provide the leadership and direction for the team to follow.

Reactions: 3 people
Here's the truth whether or not you want to accept is the real story.

The Vols are inexcusably young and thin because of Dooley.

Had Worley not missed 3 or 4 drives the Vols win by 7-10 points IMO.

Georgia has best RB in country and possibly the best entire backfield.

Here's proof of UTs "thinness": -Worley goes down, Vols have no one.
-Hurd has taken the job of a senior, if he goes down, there's no one.
-Vols starting multiple freshman on the OL. True freshman, WRs, defensive lineman, kicker, safety, everywhere.

Reactions: 42 people
We are Talented, and talented enough to beat anyone in the SEC East this year. We faced a horrible Georgia team yesterday and came away with another road loss. Sorry, but this is eerily reminding me of the end of Fulmer's reign where he couldn't coach himself out of an open paper bag. Yesterday's game was ours to win, but we went in to our "let's not lose the game" vs "let's win the game" mentality.

We have the talent on the field - we just need a group of coaches to provide the leadership and direction for the team to follow.

What? Put down the shine......:crazy:

Reactions: 5 people
This thread will not do. People love to use the "young" excuse, and you just blew it up.

What the heck do you call it when it's only late September and you look out there and see freshmen on the o-line? The "youth" excuse could be a crutch I guess, but how do you ignore it?

Reactions: 9 people
Well.. guess it's time to get rid of the coaching staff and start over. Clearly any quality coach would have taken this team down to Georgia and kicked butt.

Reactions: 3 people
We do realize that Butch Jones has only coached 16 games at UT. Right?

I wouldn't necessarily rule out Jones making a change at OC. I will admit I'm on the fence big time with him. He's made numerous irresponsible play calls in critical situations. IT'S TRUE!

Reactions: 2 people
And thanks for posting something that made me think, "We are young" and making an awful Pat Benetar song get stuck in my head.

What the heck do you call it when it's only late September and you look out there and see freshmen on the o-line?

I've heard the young/depth excuse the last 5 years. How could that possibly be the same reason every year?

It makes me sick that just because some on here have different opinions than others, they are called idiots. The name calling is so childish.

Reactions: 5 people
Lets see how many recruits panned out from Kiffy??? Not to mention our freshmen are starting over Dooley recruits who didn't sign a single OL recruit his final class. That's a good start.

Reactions: 4 people
I've heard the young/depth excuse the last 5 years. How could that possibly be the same reason every year?
I may get stickers made of the following.

BECAUSE WE'VE HAD 4 FRIGGIN FOOTBALL COACHES IN THE PAST 7 YEARS, 3 OF WHICH LEFT A MESS, 2 OF WHICH RECRUITED AWFULLY AND ATTRITION HAS BEEN HORRENDOUS FOR THE UPPER CLASSMEN.

Reactions: 20 people

UGA is one of the 3 most talented teams in the SEC and among the most talented in the country. They have the best RB in the country... and best group of RB's.

Sorry. You invalidated any point you wanted to make by calling UGA "horrible" and claiming UT isn't young.

Reactions: 15 people
It makes me sick that just because some on here have different opinions than others, they are called idiots. The name calling is so childish.

Me too. But when absurdities are used as a basis to draw a conclusion... there are few other descriptions that fit.

Reactions: 8 people

Are you freaking kidding me?? Please you need to go back to X Box and keep playing NCAA!!! I am so sick of seeing these threads on VN!!! :thud:

VN Store

Back