On Side Kick

37L1

Good Dog!
Looks like Butch blew a gasket.

Was he angry at the special teams coach because he went to the weak side?

Why was it a surprise to the HC?

DId he fire the bozo yet ? Reminded me of the Michigan sideline penalty last week when Hoke told the asst to get the f off the field, and the old goat barked back at him.

Weak effort from onside kick. Hope they work on it because the ball never got off the ground

I wouldn't have even called the onside at that point. 3 to's plus 2 minutes and my d has been pretty solid...I'm going deep but not an outcome changer.

My guess is that CBJ wanted the kick to come toward his sideline. Hindsight is 20:20 but I think onside should always be kicked to the long side of the field so the kicker can kick it harder.

I have seen the onside kick to the weak side several times and none of them have ever succeeded. You have to have a high bounce from the kick and we kicked a low dragging ground ball straight to the UGA hands team. Piss poor call by Butch. No other way to describe it.

Why did we have a holder on an on side kick? There seemed to be some confusion it that.........

Reactions: 1 person
My guess is that CBJ wanted the kick to come toward his sideline. Hindsight is 20:20 but I think onside should always be kicked to the long side of the field so the kicker can kick it harder.

And to your sideline. Always your sideline so you can argue call.

butch wanted the kick to the other side--the special teams coach will have some explaining to do

Should've just kicked the ball off, with the way our defense was playing. But then again, I wouldn't be sitting here saying this if we had recovered that onside kick.

Seemed like maybe the kicker got the wrong call from the sideline? That was my initial thought after seeing Butch lashed out at Stripling. What the hell was a place holder doing on an onsider anyways? The placeholder (who I think was Pig Howard) and the kicker even had a few words as if to clear something up. Ugly.

VN Store

Back