Is there a recruiting Hall of Fame?

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
If so, Butch Jones is a lock. Its easy to recruit 5*s when u r a top 5 program like we were in the 90s or like Bama is today. But to come into the dumpster fire that Dooley and Kiffin left us and pull top 5 classes back to back, while going 5-7 last year is just crazy sauce.

When he was first hired, I dont think even the most rabid Butch fans -and lets face it there werent many- could have thought we would be where we r today recruiting wise. Its just so fast. Spurrier took how long to make the cocks a contender? And he had a few NC rings to sell. How does a young CBJ pull that off with so much less experience? And unlike brown bag Bama, Butch seems to be running a clean program.

No matter what happens today at the game, there is little doubt that our program has turned the corner and future SEC or NC championships await. There may still be a few hiccups along the path but I feel happier about our Vols than I have in a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If so, Butch Jones is a lock. Its easy to recruit 5*s when u r a top 5 program like we were in the 90s or like Bama is today. But to come into the dumpster fire that Dooley and Kiffin left us and pull top 5 classes back to back, while going 5-7 last year is just crazy sauce.

When he was first hired, I dont think even the most rabid Butch fans -and lets face it there werent many- could have thought we would be where we r today recruiting wise. Its just so fast. Spurrier took how long to make the cocks a contender? And he had a few NC rings to sell. How does a young CBJ pull that off with so much less experience? And unlike brown bag Bama, Butch seems to be running a clean program.

No matter what happens today at the game, there is little doubt that our program has turned the corner and future championships await

He has to land some LT prospects, but his body of work so far is nothing short of amazing. My worry is that we may lose some of our coaches. I really want to lock up our defensive staff this offseason. Our defense is about to be 90's special again if we can keep this staff together. There's something special about this staff, especially on defense.

Reactions: 2 people
He has to land some LT prospects, but his body of work so far is nothing short of amazing. My worry is that we may lose some of our coaches. I really want to lock up our defensive staff this offseason. Our defense is about to be 90's special again if we can keep this staff together. There's something special about this staff, especially on defense.

Attachments

• 200 (2).gif
    200 (2).gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
Pay these damn coaches!!!!!!!!! Something Fulmer would never do. Pay these damn coaches and don't let them go.

bUTch wants to build a wall around the state. The AD and trustees better build a wall around this staff. At least the key pieces.....

Pay these damn coaches!!!!!!!!! Something Fulmer would never do. Pay these damn coaches and don't let them go.

bUTch wants to build a wall around the state. The AD and trustees better build a wall around this staff. At least the key pieces.....

This site is so fun. Last year so many wanted CBJ to change coaches or if we did not go 8-4 this year fire some. This year, it is AD lock up the coaches. Well, I hope CBJ and his long time assts. stay together as well. GBO.

Something Fulmer would never do??

Not just Jancek either...Azzani is the recruiting coordinator and was the 1 who landed Tuttle yesterday despite not even being his position coach, and Thigpen is a monster of a recruiter. I'm with you guys we need to lock 'em down. The offfers for these coaches services are gonna be pouring in if they aren't already. My hope is that they see the championships on the horizon and want to stay here to be a part of that. They will be offered way more money and probably better titles to leave. Really the only reason they would stay is to see the kids they have recruited mature and to be a part of championships. I hope these guys just LOVE butch and refuse to leave him, he is said to be fiercely loyal to his staff. I hope they are fiercely loyal to him as well.

This site is so fun. Last year so many wanted CBJ to change coaches or if we did not go 8-4 this year fire some. This year, it is AD lock up the coaches. Well, I hope CBJ and his long time assts. stay together as well. GBO.

Where are you living NCvol? I'm in Charlotte. I think there are quite a few of us that are...we should all get together for a ballgame sometime. There is a sizable Tennessee following here as I'm sure you know.

Lock down the entirety of the defensive staff plus Elder, Azzani, and Gillispie. The other two have not proven themselves as recruiters or coaches yet IMO so I don't really care one way or the other.

University of Tennessee sells itself. It has for decades. Great university, beautiful country, and gorgeous girls.
But it does help having a passionate coach. Helps a lot

University of Tennessee sells itself. It has for decades. Great university, beautiful country, and gorgeous girls.
But it does help having a passionate coach. Helps a lot
Yeah it sure does sale itself. With all we know now about how Dooley handled recruiting while at UT, if he can land top 25 classes, I'm sure any coach could at UT. It will take a great recruiter like Butch to get us back where we want to be though.

VN Store

Back