The Oklahoma game was so important for Team 118

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
Team 118 played 22 freshmen on the road in Norman, Oklahoma. That's an entire starting line-up. They saw what Championship football looks like in their third game in Orange. That experience is so important.

And they took the Sooners into the fourth quarter where it took a bonehead play call on the 2 yard line to ice the game for Stoops and his team.

I have no doubt the "Game 1 to Game 2" improvement will actually be a Game 3 to Game 4 improvement for Team 118. The Bye week came at the perfect time (finally) and the experience in Norman will make a step-change improvement in the team, especially the offensive line.

We still have to play a near perfect game to beat the talented Georgia Bulldogs. We have to have a tremendous game day plan and execute it like juniors and seniors. But if Georgia makes a few miscues then Team 118 will be threatening another huge upset and will actually take control of the SEC East.

Reactions: 10 people
Its not just coach speak, but Coach Jones is correct....its a process. I would love to see a win on Saturday, but more than that, I hope we see this team take a big step in getting better. The Oklahoma score is now way an indicator in how competitive we played, except for a couple of mistakes in the endzone. I may be in the minority, but I was encouraged by a lot of what I saw in that game.

I thought that the opening spread of 19 was absord, being that the last 3 meetings between Georgia and Tennessee have been very close. I am looking forward to this game to see us take the next step.

Reactions: 2 people
well the past has no bearing on this years score and remember they set the line to get you to bet,they could care less on who wins

it is a new year and a lot of Vols are gone from last years team,but i do think it will be a close game and the Vols win a close one,I hope Medleys ready for it,when it comes in the 4th Quarter

If the oline has become more cohesive and better knows their assignments we have a solid chance at this.

Looking forward to it I expect a good game.

Agreed.

We are a consistent Oline from being on the same level as anyone in the east. I truly believe that.

Absolutely. There is no doubt that the line will be playing better later in the year. I just wish there was some way to speed that process up a little.

Agreed.

We are a consistent Oline from being on the same level as anyone in the east. I truly believe that.

Stooley's epic goose egg on O-lineman is hurting Team 118.

derek-dooley-on-stool-10-22.2675-650.jpg

Looking for Rommel (and O-linemen)

Reactions: 4 people
Glad we have Wolf back, cannot be understated how much better he makes this offense from a safety valve aspect for Worley and from a blocking perspective. Big difference.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad we have Wolf back, cannot be understated how much better he makes this offense from a safety valve aspect for Worley and from a blocking perspective. Big difference.

I can understate it: Wolf is not going to make a difference tomorrow.

yeah. a couple of the sacks at OU was on Brendon Downs, Thomas got a block on the end and pass it off to BD but he never pick the DE up.

Team 118 played 22 freshmen on the road in Norman, Oklahoma. That's an entire starting line-up. They saw what Championship football looks like in their third game in Orange. That experience is so important.

And they took the Sooners into the fourth quarter where it took a bonehead play call on the 2 yard line to ice the game for Stoops and his team.

I have no doubt the "Game 1 to Game 2" improvement will actually be a Game 3 to Game 4 improvement for Team 118. The Bye week came at the perfect time (finally) and the experience in Norman will make a step-change improvement in the team, especially the offensive line.

We still have to play a near perfect game to beat the talented Georgia Bulldogs. We have to have a tremendous game day plan and execute it like juniors and seniors. But if Georgia makes a few miscues then Team 118 will be threatening another huge upset and will actually take control of the SEC East.

Totally agree. If you want to learn to play like champions you have to play quality teams.

I dont like people who argue that we should be playing a cupcake instead in order to make a meaningless bowl game and get extra practice. Playing Oklahoma far outweighs any experience gained in a few extra practices.

VN Store

Back