When Worley wins a bowl game this year

NEO

Eat at Joe's
His win should go somewhere in the top 10 of "most important" wins for the TN program of all time.

I say this because his win will help re-solidify our program and show the world (and mainly top recruits) we have turned the corner.

I cannot think of a bowl win in the last 20 years, other than the BCS championship, that had more riding on it for the UT program than this one.

If you disagree then list the actual bowl and why it would mean more.

Reactions: 1 person
His win should go somewhere in the top 10 of "most important" wins for the TN program of all time.

I say this because his win will help re-solidify our program and show the world (and mainly top recruits) we have turned the corner.

I cannot think of a bowl win in the last 20 years, other than the BCS championship, that had more riding on it for the UT program than this one.

I would argue that the citrus bowl win over ohio st. Really gave us momentum for the late 90's and lead us to the national championship as well as back to back sec championships. Finishing number two in the country that year was big. Jmo

Reactions: 10 people
I would argue that the citrus bowl win over ohio st. Really gave us momentum for the late 90's and lead us to the national championship as well as back to back sec championships. Finishing number two in the country that year was big. Jmo

Without a doubt! Bill Duff and company shut down that OSU offense. Top 5 all time game for the vols.

Love that avatar by the way...classic :dance2:

Sugar Vols, greatest one besides 1998 championship. If we get anywhere near that would be awesome.

I don't know where a bowl win this year would rank all time but I'm with you on the importance of a bowl win, even a bowl trip. It would be huge for the program and I think it would mark this year as the year UT turned the corner.

Reactions: 3 people
We need one win that we are not favored to win. That will help us get to the magical 6th win.

USU, ASU, Chattanooga, Vandy, Kentucky & (UGA, FLA, MIssouri, USC, "O Bama or Ole Piss)

That will bring us momentum for next season. It will give the "EE's" an opportunity to practice during the bowl practices.

It puts the rest of College Football on alert for next season and season's beyond.

We still need to win 4 more games before we start talking about bowl victories.

Agree with OP, plus a bowl win gives us a 9 win season and tons of "BIG MO" going forward. Yes, I just said that.

It depends on the match-up. If UT is in a decent bowl against a well thought of opponent then it will have some meaning. If UT is playing Tulsa in B'ham, meh.

We need one win that we are not favored to win. That will help us get to the magical 6th win.

USU, ASU, Chattanooga, Vandy, Kentucky & (UGA, FLA, MIssouri, USC, "O Bama or Ole Piss)

That will bring us momentum for next season. It will give the "EE's" an opportunity to practice during the bowl practices.

It puts the rest of College Football on alert for next season and season's beyond.
The best part about that is I see us winning 2 if not 3 of those!

I have to agree. With the unprecedented depths that we have sunk to, this would be something we all looked back and and remember. I'm not really sure how bowl selections work but I have to think we would win most bowl games we would play after this season. We would be playing another team from another conference with a 6-6 or 7-5ish record. If we had the same record, that is a MUCH greater achievement given our schedule and our conference. We just gotta get there. I think we do.

Last edited:
ESPN now has us favored to win against Mizzou, so we just have to win the ones where we are favored, that being said I think we also beat Florida and I'm not writing off UGA, Ole Miss, or USC either. I think we win 7 or 8 this year before the bowl.

ESPN now has us favored to win against Mizzou, so we just have to win the ones where we are favored, that being said I think we also beat Florida and I'm not writing off UGA, Ole Miss, or USC either. I think we win 7 or 8 this year before the bowl.

Ole Miss? You think we beat Ole Siss? 😱

Ole Miss? You think we beat Ole Siss? 😱

No, I think we lose to Bama, Ole Miss, UGA, and probably USC, but I don't think any of those, save Bama, are automatic loses. I think we beat UF, Chattanooga, UK, Mizzou, and Vandy to finish 7-5. An upset on the road could get us to 8 wins.

I highly doubt many will give Worley much respect even after winning a now. Even now there are still fans not giving him credit.

There is no I in Team.

VN Store

Back