2 Jeremy Harden Greenbrier HS 10.99
3 Darius Watkins Grovetown HS 10.92
4 Jared Tucker Stephenson HS 11.08
5 Andrew Johnson Windsor Forest HS 11.04
6 Marquett Simmons Mt. Zion Jonesbo 10.99
7 Miles Wallace Sprayberry HS 11.06
8 Kavion Williams M. L. King HS 11.05

(Sorry if formatting is poor) see results here Meet Results

Evan Berry ran a 10.81 in the track and field GA Class 5A finals. No one, not even in 6A, ran a faster time.

I would LOVE to see the ball in this kid's hands on kickoffs Saturday.

Reactions: 14 people
A 10.81 was the fastest 100 in ga last year?

Devrin' fastest was a 10.76.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people

DY is an odd case. He looked very fast returning kicks early on in his career, but his burst just doesn't seem to quite be there now.

Reactions: 3 people
DY is an odd case. He looked very fast returning kicks early on in his career, but his burst just doesn't seem to quite be there now.

Agree, i know folks are going to say his blocking is not as good, but it seems like if someone even fakes a grab at him or spits on him he falls down.....

Reactions: 2 people

Actually that was just for that race, the fastest wind legal time I've found for Berry is a 10.57. Evan has numerous sub-10.8 times.

Devrin is actually faster than a good number of people are aware/care to admit. That said, Evan is even faster.

Actually that was just for that race, the fastest wind legal time I've found for Berry is a 10.57. Evan has numerous sub-10.8 times.

Devrin is actually faster than a good number of people are aware/care to admit. That said, Evan is even faster.

He's also a lot bigger. Might help break some arm tackles.

Hndog swansoned me. That was Berry's time at state. he has MUCH faster times.. .2-.3 seconds faster than DY. and he's bigger and stronger. Also all around more awesome and legendary and stuff. I'm devoting my 500th post to see him shred the UGA kickoff coverage :clapping:

He appears to have added quite a bit of muscle over his career. It's obviously not done enough for his ability to break tackles, and may have negatively impacted his speed.

Yeah I know berry had faster times than his state time.. I'm just saying for the fastest guy in ga, those times looked off.

I'm not worried about DY speed, I think he's plenty fast enough. He just tends to run straight into traffic and then falls down. I would love to see him see that the blockers haven't created a hole for him and change direction. Speed isn't his issue.

On another note, I would love to see Evan Berry returning kicks but trust the coaches in their reasoning for him to not be at this point.

Thinking about getting pummeled by guys twice his size might make him a step slower.....?

Yup and rarely makes it back to the 20 when he takes it out of the end zone. Wish he would just take a knee. But instead he'll run right into the pile and then slow up and dives down so he doesn't get walloped. Pretty annoying to watch really. Wouldn't hurt to give someone else a chance who doesn't shy away from contact. JMO

Well, if UT finds themselves in a 3rd and 92 situation, it's nice to know they have the guys who can get the job done...

Perfect Timing Group - Contractor License 5/4/2013 - 1:47 PM
2013 GHSA Boys' State Meet - 5/2/2013 to 5/4/2013
Memorial Stadium, Jefferson, GA

Event 90 Boys 100 Meter Dash Class 5A
===================================
Name School Finals
===================================

Finals
1 Evan Berry Creekside HS 10.81
2 Jeremy Harden Greenbrier HS 10.99
3 Darius Watkins Grovetown HS 10.92
4 Jared Tucker Stephenson HS 11.08
5 Andrew Johnson Windsor Forest HS 11.04
6 Marquett Simmons Mt. Zion Jonesbo 10.99
7 Miles Wallace Sprayberry HS 11.06
8 Kavion Williams M. L. King HS 11.05

(Sorry if formatting is poor) see results here Meet Results

Evan Berry ran a 10.81 in the track and field GA Class 5A finals. No one, not even in 6A, ran a faster time.

I would LOVE to see the ball in this kid's hands on kickoffs Saturday.

Chubb ran 10.69 last year, and was state champ in shot put.

Scott-Wesley was the state champ at 100 meters (10.35) and 200 meters. Unfortunately, he won't play Saturday.

VN Store

Back