Phil Steele prediction?

Hope he's not very accurate this week. He was on the radio this morning in Birmingham and said Vols have no chance against Georgia. That didn't bother me as much as his reasoning. Granted he was limited on time, but basically he said, Tennessee got beat by 24 by Oklahoma and Georgia can run the ball really well... Deep analysis there.

Reactions: 3 people
Georgia runs the ball well every year and we play them close almost every year. There are mismatches on both teams on both sides of the ball and I am eager to see how we match up against their secondary.

Reactions: 3 people
Hope he's not very accurate this week. He was on the radio this morning in Birmingham and said Vols have no chance against Georgia. That didn't bother me as much as his reasoning. Granted he was limited on time, but basically he said, Tennessee got beat by 24 by Oklahoma and Georgia can run the ball really well... Deep analysis there.

Sounds like Trevor Matich yesterday on Finebaum's show. He basically said the Vols had no chance and didn't really give a reason.

Georgia runs the ball well every year and we play them close almost every year. There are mismatches on both teams on both sides of the ball and I am eager to see how we match up against their secondary.

Yeah, but with a o line like ours it won't matter much. We can't run,or pass. Ok exposed that and everyone who plays us will try and do the same.

Yeah Georgia has a suspect secondary, but if we can't throw the ball it won't matter

Yeah, but with a o line like ours it won't matter much. We can't run,or pass. Ok exposed that and everyone who plays us will try and do the same.

Yeah Georgia has a suspect secondary, but if we can't throw the ball it won't matter

Debbie Downer

Reactions: 2 people
I this was the same prediction all of these prognosticators had last year and we see how it turned out. This game will be closer than a lot of them think.

Georgia should beat almost every year with the talent they have.

But with the coach they have and the weird things that happen when UT and Georgia play they seem to underachieve and almost fall flat.

This year will be no different. They are to one dimensional.

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma has a better team than UGA. Theres really no weakness with OU. Sure UGA can run the ball but so can OU. OU is on a different level across the board.

Reactions: 2 people

We had 313 total yards. We had 112 yds rushing while they had 146.
We had 201 yds passing while they had 308.
We had a 31:24 to 28:36 advantage in time of possession.
3 turnovers is where we lost the game.

Reactions: 15 people
Hope he's wrong....

Steele:
Georgia has won four in a row in this series, and the Bulldogs' only previous five-game series win streak was from 1909-14. Last year in this game, the Bulldogs were coming off their big win over LSU and in a letdown spot. They would survive 34-31 in overtime, but suffered a couple of key injuries and would not be the same the rest of the season. This year, Georgia is coming off of a 66-0 win over Troy, as the Dawgs rushed for a Mark Richt era-high 367 yards. RB Todd Gurley only had six carries, so he should be fresh if needed to have a big workload here. While the Volunteers are improved and are coming off a bye, the Bulldogs are in must-win mode now that they've started 0-1 in conference play. I'll call for them to win by 24, the same margin of victory for Oklahoma over Tennessee in Week 3.

Pick: Georgia 41, Tennessee 17

Hope he's wrong....

Steele:
Georgia has won four in a row in this series, and the Bulldogs' only previous five-game series win streak was from 1909-14. Last year in this game, the Bulldogs were coming off their big win over LSU and in a letdown spot. They would survive 34-31 in overtime, but suffered a couple of key injuries and would not be the same the rest of the season. This year, Georgia is coming off of a 66-0 win over Troy, as the Dawgs rushed for a Mark Richt era-high 367 yards. RB Todd Gurley only had six carries, so he should be fresh if needed to have a big workload here. While the Volunteers are improved and are coming off a bye, the Bulldogs are in must-win mode now that they've started 0-1 in conference play. I'll call for them to win by 24, the same margin of victory for Oklahoma over Tennessee in Week 3.

Pick: Georgia 41, Tennessee 17

He is definitely wrong. No way the score will be that lopsided.

Phil is a nerd who reads numbers. Sorry but he doesn't factor heart into the equation.

We got beat by 24 because of turn overs.....not a run game.

We got beat by 24 because of turn overs.....not a run game.

this....we werent going to win that game but it was closer than the score said. I even heard Lugenbill on Birmingham radio yesterday saying the same thing. it was anywhere from a 10-17 pt game. 24 looked worse but it wasnt really that bad. Im sorry but OU is a different animal than UGA. Their head and shoulders better than UGA. This UT team may not always win but theyre gonna scrap. You can see it with this team.

VN Store

Back