Practice 9/24

Fingers

Additionally, Jones challenged members of his punt shield including Dimarya Mixon for more effectiveness and focus. He earlier had challenged a pair of his offensive players --- Marlin Lane and Josh Malone --- to elevate their play as well.

"C'mon, Marlin! You get to play in front of the greatest running back corps n the country. Are you excited?," Jones barked.

Then later to Malone, "They're trying to take your soul, Malone. This isn't back in Gallatin. Or Pearl-Cohn when they took your soul last year. Your soul's still on that field, Malone."

https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1685179

Fast Five
1. Shoulder pads and shorts
2. No Josh Smith
3. Orta and Elliot Berry in green
4. Bullock's kickoffs were too short. Medley did even worse. Moseley and Malone worked along with Sutton on punt returns.
5. Gilliam seems serious about a possible return.

Fast Five: Tennessee Vols football Wednesday practice

3115213.jpg

3115221.jpg

ByVUNVpIQAA0iMz.png

Reactions: 15 people
Sophomore wide receiver Josh Smith does not appear any closer to playing this week. He was on crutches watching the beginning of practice from the patio outside the trainer’s room. Junior wide receiver Von Pearson, who has been declared out for Saturday’s game, also was hanging out by the trainer’s room, wearing a jersey but no pads. Junior wide receiver Cody Blanc was in the same spot and also on crutches.

The three periods left open to the media were all special-teams based. During a kickoff drill, special teams coach Mark Elder expressed his displeasure with the distance of the kicks. “I need a kick that’s deeper than the freaking 22,” Elder said, using a microphone and loudspeaker. “That does not do us any good.”

Practice began with the team stretching to “Midnight Train To Georgia,” by Gladys Knight & The Pips.

Instant analysis: Josh Smith still on crutches - GoVolsXtra Story

Reactions: 3 people
Gillespie: Derrell Scott is ready to play. I am confident in him. We will see if he gets in the game.

Azzanni: I don't want to put to much pressure on Josh Malone. He's keeps improving every week. I'm happy to see that.

Azzanni: I have a passion for (coaching) and being around kids and finding creative ways to motivates them.

Azzanni: We talk about discipline. We have some very good players that have discipline. It takes a lot of work and reminders.

Azzanni: I feel good about Malone going on the road to Georgia. He made some nice plays at Oklahoma.

Azzanni: Josh Smith is day to day. We will see how it goes.

Azzanni: I don't need to say much to Pig Howard about the past. The past is the past. But, I know he wants to rebound, it's human nature.

Jancek: It will be a great challenge. It will be lots of fun going down there.

Jancek: Having veterans like AJ and Curt are a bonus. Usually you can win with those types of players. Having experience is very valuable.

Jancek: We know we have to stop the backs and their running game. They also have a talented receiver corps.

Jancek: Georgia is very balanced. They take what the defense gives them. Mason makes smart throws, he doesn't take chances.

Bajakian: We need to build on last week when it comes to communication. We need to play with great tempo. At OU, we didn't get into that.

Bajakian: every experience is a learning experience. Going into a hostile environment at OU, helps us moving forward.

Bajakian: Wilson reminds me a lot of what AJ Johnson does for us. Floyd is very athletic. Jenkins does great job rushing passer.

Bajakian: One of the keys to low number of penalties is discipline. That's one of the keys to Coach Jones' success.

Bajakian: Josh Malone has matured over the course of the season and continues to get better and better.

Bajakian: Georgia's pass rush is as good as Oklahoma's.

Bajakian: We always need playmakers. We need guys that can make people miss. Guys that can make people miss. And we need more than 1 of them

Bajakian: Derrell Scott had a good week of practice and brings a spark to us.

Reactions: 17 people
With the shi*** kickoffs, I say we just kick it out of bounds every time. Can't give Gurley a chance.

Reactions: 1 person
UGA secondary blows but our WRs are banged up. So there goes that advantage. Lets just run it for 2.2 YPC.

Im still pissed at croom for letting someone alot smaller than him take the ball from him.

Croom (and the OL) is who I'm looking at the define team 118. Who will they beat after a tough loss on the road? How will they bounce back after, unfortunately, performing poorly when they were needed the most?

Personally, I think we see big things from both Croom and the boys up front.

Reactions: 7 people
Croom (and the OL) is who I'm looking at the define team 118. Who will they beat after a tough loss on the road? How will they bounce back after, unfortunately, performing poorly when they were needed the most?

Personally, I think we see big things from both Croom and the boys up front.

I agree.. new week,, different team. Some fans thinks our players do things on purpose. Croom is just about ripe to BLOOM !!!

Reactions: 2 people
UGA secondary blows but our WRs are banged up. So there goes that advantage. Lets just run it for 2.2 YPC.

We are dang lucky that the bulk of our injuries are at our deepest position. I will say it again. We are dang lucky that the bulk of our injuries are at our deepest position.

Reactions: 1 person
When did josh smith hurt his ankle? Oklahoma game? Without him we will be missing two of our best receivers, which doesn't help our chances. We need our WRs, big time.

VN Store

Back