Georgia O-Line

Dagreek1998

Anybody curious to see how our run defense holds up against the dawgs? I have a good feeling about this, and so I haven’t been drinking the cool-aid.

Tennessee held Oklahoma to 147 yards rushing and Perine to 67 yards. Now when you compare the Oklahoma and Georgia rushing games, the while the dawgs may have the better back, the sooners have the better line. I couldn't believe the size difference between the two O-Lines.
Avg Height Average Width
Georgia 6’5” 296 lbs.
Oklahoma 6’4” 321 lbs.

Plus while Oklahoma has 4 seniors and 1 junior, Georgia has only 2 seniors, 1 junior, and 2 sophomores.

Now while I don’t believe that we will completely shut down the dawgs rushing game, I do believe that yards will come hard and that will be in our favor. Any thoughts?:dance2:

Reactions: 1 person
According To experts OUs OLine is pretty good and I haven't heard UGA having a beats OLine so I'd assume they are a bit worse. Really just block for 2 seconds and watch Gurley run is their run scheme.

According To experts OUs OLine is pretty good and I haven't heard UGA having a beats OLine so I'd assume they are a bit worse. Really just block for 2 seconds and watch Gurley run is their run scheme.

Some serious wishful thinking. Everybody that carries the ball for Georgia seems to be finding room to run.

Reactions: 2 people
All the sports talkers on radio and TV are saying that Georgia can/will run the ball down everyone's throat. Just one question. Why didn't they do that to an obviously overrated South Carolina team?

Reactions: 3 people
Two years ago, UGA had the biggest O line in football, including the NFL. This line is far more athletic, and does a good job reaching the second level.

Anybody curious to see how our run defense holds up against the dawgs? I have a good feeling about this, and so I haven’t been drinking the cool-aid.

Tennessee held Oklahoma to 147 yards rushing and Perine to 67 yards. Now when you compare the Oklahoma and Georgia rushing games, the while the dawgs may have the better back, the sooners have the better line. I couldn't believe the size difference between the two O-Lines.
Avg Height Average Width
Georgia 6’5” 296 lbs.
Oklahoma 6’4” 321 lbs.

Plus while Oklahoma has 4 seniors and 1 junior, Georgia has only 2 seniors, 1 junior, and 2 sophomores.

Now while I don’t believe that we will completely shut down the dawgs rushing game, I do believe that yards will come hard and that will be in our favor. Any thoughts?:dance2:

Take a walk on the "wide" side :p

Some serious wishful thinking. Everybody that carries the ball for Georgia seems to be finding room to run.

Everyone shuns the Clemson win but the front 7 of Clemson with Vic Beasley at the helm is their strength. And a bigger OLine isn't always better. If that were the case, UGA would have had a line that would match up with any defense in the country the last few years. In fact, I think most would agree this one is as talented as any in the last decade and having over 900 yards rushing in three games is pretty good sign.

All the sports talkers on radio and TV are saying that Georgia can/will run the ball down everyone's throat. Just one question. Why didn't they do that to an obviously overrated South Carolina team?

Some coaches press and get away from what they normal do against nemesis. Richt obviously got PUNKD by the OBC. Fulmer constantly did the same when it's time to play the OBC.

They still had over 210 yards rushing as a team with Gurley getting 131 .. on the road .. while having to endure that God awful "sandstorm" crappy tune a dozen times. That's also with the phantom hold that called back a 57 yard TD and before you say it, yes, every non USuCk fan that saw it knows it was a bad call. The SEC officiating committee wouldn't even state that they got the call right.

I think they eclipsed 200 yds against Carolina. They couldn't stop them on defense which sounds good to me..

Everyone shuns the Clemson win but the front 7 of Clemson with Vic Beasley at the helm is their strength. And a bigger OLine isn't always better. If that were the case, UGA would have had a line that would match up with any defense in the country the last few years. In fact, I think most would agree this one is as talented as any in the last decade and having over 900 yards rushing in three games is pretty good sign.

True, but the comparison for our D at this point is OU. Their O line is the strength of their offense. The same can't be said for UGA. Certainly yours is more serviceable than ours but it will be interesting to see if our D can win that battle up front.

True, but the comparison for our D at this point is OU. Their O line is the strength of their offense. The same can't be said for UGA. Certainly yours is more serviceable than ours but it will be interesting to see if our D can win that battle up front.

I think that kind of stuff is being said because of the previous years OLine .. this one is smaller but WAY more athletic and getting big blocks where needed. And as we saw in the USuCk game, Gurley doesn't need a whole heck of a lot to make a run happen. The self-made 3rd and 16 is a prime example.

I think that kind of stuff is being said because of the previous years OLine .. this one is smaller but WAY more athletic and getting big blocks where needed. And as we saw in the USuCk game, Gurley doesn't need a whole heck of a lot to make a run happen. The self-made 3rd and 16 is a prime example.

I take it you don't believe our D can win that battle.:hi:

Two years ago, UGA had the biggest O line in football, including the NFL. This line is far more athletic, and does a good job reaching the second level.

They definitely know how to pull linemen and get a body on everybody on the lead play. I've thought for two years they looked better in the I than any other formation they've got, but they're bound and determined sometimes to spread things out and throw it.

I take it you don't believe our D can win that battle.:hi:

I don't but I am more than willing to admit I am wrong if it turns out that way. OU only gave Perine the ball 9 times and he ended up with 7.4 pc .. that being said, they gave it to him 34 freaking times to get the stats he got against WVU (still over 7 ypc). Everyone thinks that rushing the ball is a strength of OUs but against Tulsa, in a 52-7 win no less, they didn't have anyone over 100 and the guy that was closest only got that close because one run was 82 yards. He finished with 90 total.

I don't but I am more than willing to admit I am wrong if it turns out that way. OU only gave Perine the ball 9 times and he ended up with 7.4 pc .. that being said, they gave it to him 34 freaking times to get the stats he got against WVU (still over 7 ypc). Everyone thinks that rushing the ball is a strength of OUs but against Tulsa, in a 52-7 win no less, they didn't have anyone over 100 and the guy that was closest only got that close because one run was 82 yards. He finished with 90 total.

OU played their scrubs most of the 2nd half against Tulsa and their #1 running back was out against WV...FWIW.

I do believe our D is one of the more physical in CFB. That may sound corny or anecdotal and maybe it is but UGA will have to work to get their yardage against this D. They will get some too. Where the game will be decided is in the 4th. Is Gurley busting loose because we are tired or are we still slamming him to a stop after 4yrd gains?

Worley and the UT O will help decide that.

They haven't seen a defense like ours or close to it.

Really? Clemson held FSU (albeit with Winston, but without him, you would think they would have tried to run the ball more) to 13 yards rushing .. UGA, 300+ .. USuCk hasn't allowed one 100 yard rusher this year, including getting lit up by aTm .. UGA 210+ .. OU is a pretty good offense but they make their living on defense primarily and always have under Stoops. They have Perine and Shepard but not much else.

Yea. That's usually more important. I've watched 'em block the toss sweep and those guys really get out in front of the back...plus the fullback looks like he could play guard....

I expect UGa to run well but I hope we avoid giving up long plays. Every snap is a chance for a fumble or a big play by the D....make 'em earn their points with 12 - 15 play drives (not sixty yard runs)

VN Store

Back