GoVols Xtra

PastorVolFan

Wow...I just read 4 consecutive complete articles front the main webpage, without being teased to purchase a subscription...

Imagine my surprise...so, has KNS had a change of heart, or was this simply a mistake?

Haven't been on there in months, took a stab today, and was surprised...thought I would share :thumbsup:

I used to read all the GVX articles, but I stopped visiting the site after the paywall went up. I'd have to say that even if they do drop the paywall, it would be hard to win me back at this point...I live in Chattanooga and really appreciate the effort the Times Free Press puts into the Vols coverage. Not to mention, Patrick Brown puts out better quality content than anyone I remember reading at KNS.

Reactions: 11 people
I used to read all the GVX articles, but I stopped visiting the site after the paywall went up. I'd have to say that even if they do drop the paywall, it would be hard to win me back at this point...I live in Chattanooga and really appreciate the effort the Times Free Press puts into the Vols coverage. Not to mention, Patrick Brown puts out better quality content than anyone I remember reading at KNS.

Possibly the best sports coverage in Tennessee is the Times free Press.

Reactions: 5 people
I was lucky. When I grew up in Knoxville we had two papers, The Journal and The Sentinel. Sportswriters like Tom Siler, Ben Byrd and Marvin West. What KNS is putting out now pathetic.

Reactions: 3 people
TFP, and RTI is a good site!

MSME didn't see your post

Last edited:
Patrick Brown has the best write-ups, by far, on the Vols. All those at KNS are a bunch of hacks. Every time I read an article by someone at KNS, I get the feeling they hate the Vols. I won't go back.

I was lucky. When I grew up in Knoxville we had two papers, The Journal and The Sentinel. Sportswriters like Tom Siler, Ben Byrd and Marvin West. What KNS is putting out now pathetic.

Tom & Ben were the BEST! I thought Marvin was bad until John Adams came along.

VN Store

Back