O-line plans to change its image - TFP

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
UT Vols' O-line plans to change its image | Times Free Press

Tennessee started its third different line combination in the season's third game against Oklahoma, and coach Butch Jones said after the 34-10 loss that the five of Kerbyson at left tackle, Marcus Jackson at left guard, Mack Crowder at center and true freshmen Jashon Robertson and Coleman at right guard and tackle would continue to be the starting five.

Good article.

Reactions: 4 people

Thanks for posting, good article.

"It really is important to be able to spend time together, and thet weeks, being able to work at the same positions has really helped," Kerbyson said. "I've started to mesh more at left tackle. Getting good reps against quality guys with Curt [Maggitt] and [Derek] Barnett over there have really gotten me ready for whatever I have to face.

Dan Hood yesterday on Sports Talk referenced the importance of dialing in and seeking to be the best you can at one position. Hopefully these two weeks have given Kerbyson what he needed to protect the blind side. He'll have his hands full Saturday... hopefully he's right about Barnett and Curt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I find it interesting that Kerbyson said most of the sacks given up were due to communication problems or guys not knowing where they are supposed to be, rather than being physically outmatched.

Two weeks of practice can help improve communication problems dramatically, and I hope that is the case.

I think we see SIGNIFICANT growth from the boys up front this week. After getting destroyed, having a lot of "Correction film" to study, and some extra rest, I believe we see a different looking group Saturday. :clapping:

Reactions: 9 people
I think we see SIGNIFICANT growth from the boys up front this week. After getting destroyed, having a lot of "Correction film" to study, and some extra rest, I believe we see a different looking group Saturday. :clapping:

I hope the addition of Wolf and some 2 back sets helps with keeping pressure off Worley.

Reactions: 2 people
I find it interesting that Kerbyson said most of the sacks given up were due to communication problems or guys not knowing where they are supposed to be, rather than being physically outmatched.

Two weeks of practice can help improve communication problems dramatically, and I hope that is the case.

No D1 athlete an a SEC school wants to admit to being out matched. That said, I hope he is right because that's easier to fix.

It all comes together saturday. The oline, running game, and the upset will be the talk of the town Sunday morning. I'm calling it right now.

Coleman was, uh, let us be polite and say not good against ou. He needs to be a lot better, starting with blocking the defensive lineman who is right in front of him, not to mention the rest of the group. but it is not like you can wave a wand....

It all comes together saturday. The oline, running game, and the upset will be the talk of the town Sunday morning. I'm calling it right now.

This is the turning point to our season IMO. A win here gets us over the hump and sets the tone for weeks to come. Win on Saturday and I think we are looking at at least an 8 win season and CBJ gets serious consideration for SEC Coach of the year. Maybe I'm optimistic, but it can happen...Believe!

Reactions: 4 people
Coleman was, uh, let us be polite and say not good against ou. He needs to be a lot better, starting with blocking the defensive lineman who is right in front of him, not to mention the rest of the group. but it is not like you can wave a wand....

You have to be proud of the kid though. Less than a year ago, he was playing high school football teams. He has stepped up to the challenge and has worked his butt off for this team. That takes some balls, especially in this league.

Reactions: 2 people
You think when he gets to the pros, Day and Ndamukong Suh could stomp on each other?
And Albert Hayn...uh nevermind. But seriously, he kinda stomped on someone too. Don't take that the wrong way...I like Haynesworth and am grateful for what he accomplished while he played for UT(and the Titans).

If Brey was back there seeing and avoiding the corner blitzes and getting rid of the ball downfield instead of a tough guy with tunnel vision and lead feet then this line would be considered very good at pass blocking

VN Store

Back