Worley, SEC Now show

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
he is suppose to be on the show tomorrow night,if i heard it right

which is on the SEC network

Yes u heard it right. They said he was the 4th best QB in the east. Finally gettin his credit.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes u heard it right. They said he was the 4th best QB in the east. Finally gettin his credit.

4th best? Vandy and Florida definitely have worse qbs. He is likely better than the UK qb and Hutson Mason hasn't proven ****. The only quarterbacks I would put ahead of him are Mauk and Thompson

Reactions: 3 people
That SCar kid and UK QB are one and two matty is 3. I'm not agreeing but at least he is getting some credit.

That SCar kid and UK QB are one and two matty is 3. I'm not agreeing but at least he is getting some credit.

Maybe just the BIG ORANGE colored glasses that all my bammer co-workers say I wear all the time, but I haven't seen anything from either of those three that would put them above Worley...GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Worley had / has talent. He was player of year in SC. His past performance (or lack of) can be tied to his development, coaching and offensive schemes. How many variations could he learn and have absolute mastery? it takes some confidence to lead.

Reactions: 2 people
4th best? Vandy and Florida definitely have worse qbs. He is likely better than the UK qb and Hutson Mason hasn't proven ****. The only quarterbacks I would put ahead of him are Mauk and Thompson

I would take Worley over Thompson 10 times out of 10. Thompson is terrible.

I would take Worley over Thompson 10 times out of 10. Thompson is terrible.

You might want to go look at the numbers again. Thompson has been what you folks seem to think Worley has been. Worley has been, at best, high mediocre, and, at times, terrible. Thompson has been consistently good and sometimes great. He's hit 62% at 13 a completion, 13 TDs (including 4 vs A&M and 3 vs Georgia) and 3 ints. And incidentally, he's got 30 completions of 15 yards or more, 10 of which are 25 or more, compared to Worley's 16 and 5, so he's not dinking like Worley is (or if he is, then he's getting it out quickly enough to make big plays.)

You might want to go look at the numbers again. Thompson has been what you folks seem to think Worley has been. Worley has been, at best, high mediocre, and, at times, terrible. Thompson has been consistently good and sometimes great. He's hit 62% at 13 a completion, 13 TDs (including 4 vs A&M and 3 vs Georgia) and 3 ints. And incidentally, he's got 30 completions of 15 yards or more, 10 of which are 25 or more, compared to Worley's 16 and 5, so he's not dinking like Worley is (or if he is, then he's getting it out quickly enough to make big plays.)
High mediocre is total crap. Worley has been super considering. If he had SC OL he would easily be 2nd only to Hill and maybe behind Sims. He has played great besides the 2nd half of OU when.it was obvious he was not the same after getting the crap beat out of him.
I demand an apology.

High mediocre is total crap. Worley has been super considering. If he had SC OL he would easily be 2nd only to Hill and maybe behind Sims. He has played great besides the 2nd half of OU when.it was obvious he was not the same after getting the crap beat out of him.
I demand an apology.

He's playing with confidence (which he hadn't in previous years), has gotten the short passes out a little quicker than last year (though still a bit slow to work on Oklahoma), hasn't thrown the worm-burners, and has been better at keeping plays alive, and better on 3rd downs. It's silly to think that makes him one of the better QBs. His performance was bad to mediocre last year and has thus far been low mediocre to high mediocre this year. We keep leaving 2-3 touchdowns on the field, which, as Butch would say, is "unacceptable". You just won't beat very many good teams that way.

I have hopes that the defense will continue to play well and the running game will continue to improve, so that mediocre is all we'll need from him to win a couple more games than folks think we should. The running game may well not improve, however, since the short passing game is just an extension of the running game (as I've always thought and Bajakian has now said). The inside runs can't consistently open up without a strong intermediate passing game, which so far we don't have.

And, just so you know, around the Tennessee fans I know, I'm considered the one looking through orange-colored glasses for giving Worley a high mediocre rating.

He's playing with confidence (which he hadn't in previous years), has gotten the short passes out a little quicker than last year (though still a bit slow to work on Oklahoma), hasn't thrown the worm-burners, and has been better at keeping plays alive, and better on 3rd downs. It's silly to think that makes him one of the better QBs. His performance was bad to mediocre last year and has thus far been low mediocre to high mediocre this year. We keep leaving 2-3 touchdowns on the field, which, as Butch would say, is "unacceptable". You just won't beat very many good teams that way.

I have hopes that the defense will continue to play well and the running game will continue to improve, so that mediocre is all we'll need from him to win a couple more games than folks think we should. The running game may well not improve, however, since the short passing game is just an extension of the running game (as I've always thought and Bajakian has now said). The inside runs can't consistently open up without a strong intermediate passing game, which so far we don't have.

And, just so you know, around the Tennessee fans I know, I'm considered the one looking through orange-colored glasses for giving Worley a high mediocre rating.

Don't know who you are talking to, but I've been all over these boards and I'm not seeing anyone as critical as you are about Worley, at least since the season started. I've reviewed all the videos of the offensive plays, and overall Worley has been very accurate. Aside from a few overthrown deep balls in the first game, I haven't seen any really poorly thrown balls. His incompletions have been mostly throw-aways, drops, or throws while being hit. His decision-making has been mostly good, except for the pick-six throw late in the OU game, and he was probably seeing double by then anyway. Overall the whole offense is playing better as a team (yes this is a team sport). Worley has definitely improved over last year, and although he has much better talent around him, their inexperience shows and affects his stat column. I think it's way too soon to claim Worley is the best QB in the SEC east, but I can't imagine any of the others playing any better in his circumstances.

:loco:I'm wondering who those Tennessee fans could be......thinking you're some sort of fan. Asides from Mauck, I can't imagine Thompson or Matson, nor anyone else in the SECe hanging so tough against a pass rush like OU's. Leaving TD's on the field? Name one....that's uno hombre...quarterback who doesn't leave points on the field. With an effective running game and at least occasionally slowed down pass rush, Worley's numbers would be leading the east. 'Just another negavol farting on the up moving elevator.:rock:

I wish they would move Worley around a little bit. Similar to Crompton in his senior year. Keeps that pocket from collapsing on him and gives him a little time to read the field. I'm not talking hard roll out, just designs to get him out of harms way with our line having already allowed 9 sacks.

VN Store

Back