Power Rankings?

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Crazy day again. Its why I love the sport. But how is the SEC shaping out?

1 Auburn
2 Bama
3 Miss St
4 A&.
5 Miss
6 SCjr
7 Georgia
8 LSU
9 UT
10 Florida
11 UK
12 Arky
13 Mizzou
14 Vandy

Couple notes: You could easily say Bama #1... I still think UGA wins the East... Mizzou likely doesn't finish the 2nd worst team. Your thoughts?

State could make a serious run for the West. It will make for a fun Egg Bowl. I'm interested to see in how LSU responds. USCjr. has been so inconsistent but we will know enough about their season by the team we play them. Florida is still a team that has the potential to threaten the East, but will JD as QB that won't happen.

1 Auburn
2 Bama
3 Miss St
A&.4
5 Miss
6 SCjr
7 Georgia
8 LSU
9 UT
10 Florida
11 UK
12 Arky
13 Mizzou
14 Vandy

Couple notes: You could easily say Bama #1... I still think UGA wins the East... Mizzou likely doesn't finish the 2nd worst team. Your thoughts?
I would have Texas A&M #1

Reactions: 1 person

1 Auburn
2 Bama
3 Miss St
4 A&.
5 Miss
6 SCjr
7 Georgia
8 LSU
9 UT
10 Florida
11 UK
12 Arky
13 Mizzou
14 Vandy

Mizzou is not good. Besides Vandy, I'm pretty sure they are the only SEC team with a loss to an unranked OOC team. And that team they lost to was very bad. It will be interesting to see them in conference play.

The biggest question mark hands down is still UT. No one knows if we're good bad or average. We will know this Saturday.

Mizzou is not good. Besides Vandy, I'm pretty sure they are the only SEC team with a loss to an unranked OOC team. And that team they lost to was very bad. It will be interesting to see them in conference play.

The biggest question mark hands down is still UT. No one knows if we're good bad or average. We will know this Saturday.

If the OL can protect Worley and open a few holes for Hurd, we could win next week. Hope the D can contain their stable of RBs.

1. Alabama
2. Texas A & M
3. Auburn
4. Georgia
5. Mississippi State
6. South Carolina
7. Ole Miss
8. Tennessee
9. LSU
10. Arkansas
11. Missouri
12. Florida
13. Kentucky
14. Vanderbilt

1. Alabama
2. Texas A & M
3. Auburn
4. Georgia
5. Mississippi State
6. South Carolina
7. Ole Miss
8. Tennessee
9. LSU
10. Arkansas
11. Missouri
12. Florida
13. Kentucky
14. Vanderbilt
Curious as to why you hqve UT over LSU but Mizzu over both UF and UK?
Or why UGA is over Miss St?

MIzzou will be higher. They just had a bad game yesterday. Next week against USC will show who they really are. I believe both USC and Mizzou were looking ahead yesterday against weaker opponents.

They lost to a perennial weak sister. :birgits_giggle:

Whomever made that list obviously didn't watch Auburn play on Thursday and Bama play yesterday.

Drop Barn down to #3 or 4 as a minimum

I would have Texas A&M #1

They handled a South Carolina team who looked decent against Georgia, almost lost to ECU, and almost lost to Vandy. Not exactly a game that should catapult you to #1 in the SEC rankings. Their other games on the schedule are Lamar, Rice, and SMU. No sir, Bama or Auburn at #1.

1. Alabama
2. Texas A & M
3. Auburn
4. Georgia
5. Ole Miss
6. South Carolina
7. Miss St.
8. LSU
9. Missouri
10. Florida
11. Tennessee...My heart says like 8 or 9,my head says like 11 UNTIL we beat someone
12. Arkansas
13. Kentucky
14. Vanderbilt

1 Bama
2 Auburn
3 A&M
4 Miss St
5 Miss
6 USCjr (could be switched with UGA just depends on day)
7 UGA
8 LSU
9 Mizzou (Have them above us for now but the USCjr game will be the telling game)
10 UT
11 Florida (Not super impressed so far)
12 Arky (Good team but just not there yet)
13 UK
14 Vandy

Sec East sucks! Georgia, fla, usjr all have terrible defense. Candy and Mizz just suck in general. You guys will see in next few weeks how bama and ole miss are the only challenges we have.

It's hard to take any ranking seriously that puts Mizzou or Florida ahead of Tennessee. I can accept that we don't know what we have with the Vols, but we definitely didn't get beat at home by Indiana nor did we go to overtime against UK. If Tennessee had performed like either of those teams Tennessee fans would be jumping off of bridges.

Reactions: 3 people
It's hard to take any ranking seriously that puts Mizzou or Florida ahead of Tennessee. I can accept that we don't know what we have with the Vols, but we definitely didn't get beat at home by Indiana nor did we go to overtime against UK. If Tennessee had performed like either of those teams Tennessee fans would be jumping off of bridges.

Welcome aboard Marine! Where ya stationed?

I just busted your like Cherry!

Right now I put us around 11-12, ahead of Vandy and Kentucky, along with possibly Mizzou

After watching the past few weeks, I'm about ready to say:

1 - 7: All the SEC West Teams
8 - 14: All the SEC East Teams

But if I'm being more nuanced, then this:

1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Mississippi State
4. Ole Miss
5. LSU
6. Georgia
7. Texas A&M
8. Florida
9. South Carolina
10. Tennessee
11. Missouri
12. Arkansas
13. Kentucky
14. Vanderbilt

I know SC beat UGA, but I'm still not totally sold on them. Their defense struggled to stop a Vandy team that has struggled to score points all season. Though, SC's offense has looked pretty awesome over the past two weeks.

Frankly, I think this is the best the SEC has ever been. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see Arkansas or Kentucky pull off a big upset.

That said, all the SEC East teams seem more flawed than the SEC West teams, and we're fortunate not to have to face the Murderer's Row of the West this year (even if we did draw Bama and Ole Miss). I feel better about our chances against South Carolina, Florida, and Mizzou than I would against Auburn, Miss State, and LSU.

Assuming all games are played on a neutral field, I see it like this:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. MISS ST
4. AUBURN
5. OLE MISS
6. UGA
7. LSU
8. TENNESSEE
9. ARKANSAS
10. USC
11. KENTUCKY
12. FLORIDA
13. MIZZOU
14. VANDY

Why are all you guys so big on Georgia? There defense sucks and they haven't beat a ranked team? Oh yeah and im ready for alabubba to play a ranked team to.

I think OU is a better team than Auburn, and Auburn crushed Arkansas. They have dominated against inferior competition and so have we. I think our defense can stop their run game and I believe we win on a neutral field. It's close, but I give Tennessee a slight edge based on what we have seen so far.

VN Store

Back