Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Poll: Does UT retain Butch?

• Total voters

CroKev

The Oldest Sport
We're heading in the right direction and Michigan is not. There's a good shot Brady might be gone after this season (2 years left on his contract - very similar to CBJ: $3m/yr for 6 years). UM is the winningest program in college football and I could see them going after their "favorite son" in Butch. I actually don't think Butch will do well enough this year to attract their attention but, if they're wise about building for the future, they might float a few inquiries his way.

I hope Hart is on top of this. If CBJ were to get the Vols to 8 wins this season, I'm sure the Wolverines would come calling. :thud:

Good grief. Let's hope that is problem. With this offensive line and scheme they'd be lucky to win 5.
And nobody is hiring a coach who went 10-14 in two years.

Reactions: 35 people
No one ever knows what someone else is thinking...but I believe that Butch has made too much of an investment, not just financially, to walk away from Tennessee at this point...

Reactions: 22 people
If I made a list of the top 50 things we should be worried about as Vol fans, this would not make the cut.

Reactions: 39 people
I think Butch will be at TN for many years. He is building a dynasty at the University of Tennessee brick by brick.

Reactions: 21 people
I don't see them going after a coach that just went 5-7. If we do something spectacular this or next season, he may be on their list. I doubt he will be on top. I think Butch is at UT at least for the foreseeable future. The sky is not falling yet there Henny Penny!

Reactions: 5 people
This crap is on Facebook good grief people he's not going anywhere! I think someone trying to disrupt our recruiting momentum is at the root of it!

Reactions: 6 people
You guys who think Butch Jones will ever leave Tennessee on his own are nuts! You have to take the guy at his word when he says this is his dream job! Geez!

Reactions: 11 people
Better start tracking this plane...

wingedhelmetplane.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
Good grief. Let's hope that is problem. With this offensive line and scheme they'd be lucky to win 5.
And nobody is hiring a coach who went 10-14 in two years.

Most people that hire coaches are smart enough to look past the record alone. Most people are smart enough to look at the situation he came into (apparently your not most people). Anyone that thinks Michigan wouldnt like to have Butch Jones as their coach isnt firing on all cylinders IMO. That being said, he aint going nowhere.

Reactions: 5 people
Dream job or no, why would anyone leave the SEC for the B1G? Sure, some coaches like to coast in jobs with easier competition *cough* Urban Meyer *cough*, but CBJ doesn't strike me as that kind of person. I think he likes the challenge here. IMO JMO FWIW AFAIK BBQ TWSS

I'm getting a tired of seeing this Butch-will-bolt-to-Michigan hand-wringing by the Nervous Nellies posted over and over on the forum.

And no, this is the first time that I've clicked on one of these threads, so yes, I realize that I can ignore them all if I like. I just wanted to vent.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we are safe this year, but I would worry about year 3 when we do turn the corner.

I expect UM to go after Miles again, this time with Nick Saban type money. Harbaugh is interesting, but can't believe 49ers wouldn't settle that contract this year. If not, I think you will see him stay in the league at a team of his choosing.

Why would Harbaugh leave the 49ers for any NCAA coaching job?

Harbaugh is a pain in the rear. If he wasn't so successful he'd have been gone by now. Still if he doesn't win the big one he might be in trouble. He's wearing out his welcome.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would Harbaugh leave the 49ers for any NCAA coaching job?

Harrbaugh and the GM hate each other and wont even talk on the phone to each other unless absolutely necessary. Harbaugh has also had issues with many of his players so don't expect him to hang around SF for long!

Harrbaugh and the GM hate each other and wont even talk on the phone to each other unless absolutely necessary. Harbaugh has also had issues with many of his players so don't expect him to hang around SF for long!

Oh... and that makes him a desirable hire for Michigan?

Butch will not leave for Michigan. Les Miles would be much more likely.

VN Store

Back