QB Quinten Dormady

chuck0303

VOLinTexas
OK guys, finally a post worth posting. I was watching the Boerne (TX) Greyhounds vs Antonian Apaches High school football game on TV Thursday night and who do I see?--QB Quniten Dormady playing for Boerne (pronounced Burn--ee). Coach Butch Jones and another UT coach was there to watch him as he has already signed with UT and graduates in Dec and will be there for the Spring Semester. He is the real deal--think Peyton Manning except much faster, 6'4" and has a rocket for an arm. He scrambled several times and can make plays. He did throw 1 int but the receiver quit on the route. I'm telling you he's raw talent but he has the tools. MVP of the game--yeah, he was--almost 400 yards. It was televised on TV here in San Antonio; he was about all the announcers talked about during the game. Humble kid, but you heard it here first this kid is Peyton Manning II, but better.:dance2:

Reactions: 19 people
Dormady is a fine prospect and I hope he is really good. Peyton was probably the most sought after recruit in the country and then backed it up for 20 years.

Reactions: 39 people
So we have a combination of Peyton Manning and Cam Newton but isn't a five star.

I'm buying it you guys.

Reactions: 12 people
Wow typical VN. The guy who has never played is the best QB we have ever had. So I guess the OP is a huge Riley Ferguson fan.

Reactions: 7 people
Rick, what is your response?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,592
Reactions: 19 people
We are getting a little like UGA comparing every running back recruit to Walker.

Reactions: 1 person
As long as he can turn and hand it to Hurd I am good! Seriously I can't wait to see him in Orange!

...but you heard it here first this kid is Peyton Manning II, but better.:dance2:

tumblr_inline_miozfwC2uP1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Just want to add this kid can make the soft tosses as well while scrambling, accurately. Pocket collapses and he can get those extra yards, not afraid to take off if needed. Quick. i know most of you guys are going to say "Yeah, right", but you have to see this kid. His father is the coach of the team. He had mega offers but narrowed his school down to Bama and UT and signed with UT. I didn't even know he was going to UT until I saw the game and then Butch Jones and the other UT coach was there and then I remembered it was an off week so that's why Butch flew down to see him play and he certainly didn't disappoint. He played much better in the second half--that's good to know too. If you have someone who can catch the ball they will be running for awhile.

Reactions: 5 people
He threw three picks last week and with 1 tonight he has 8 in 4 games . Two picks per game . He also has 7 carries for a negative 13 yds .... Peyton Manning he's not

Reactions: 2 people
Just want to add this kid can make the soft tosses as well while scrambling, accurately. Pocket collapses and he can get those extra yards, not afraid to take off if needed. Quick. i know most of you guys are going to say "Yeah, right", but you have to see this kid. His father is the coach of the team. He had mega offers but narrowed his school down to Bama and UT and signed with UT. I didn't even know he was going to UT until I saw the game and then Butch Jones and the other UT coach was there and then I remembered it was an off week so that's why Butch flew down to see him play and he certainly didn't disappoint. He played much better in the second half--that's good to know too. If you have someone who can catch the ball they will be running for awhile.

Look I am excited to have QD at UT, but for crying out loud let the guy create his own legacy. You are already comparing him to one of the best college QBs in the past 25 years before he is even done with his senior year. He has A LONG way to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Peyton. Come on man.

Reactions: 6 people
If I had known all this before the game I would have driven up there to watch him in person because it's only about 20 miles away from where I'm at. That particular game was featured on "Thursday Night Lights" on FOX channel 29 or 35; I forget which one. It was just one game but thought it was well-deserved when they gave him the MVP award and it wasn't the team that determined that--TV sportscasters i think. Instead of saying me, me, me he gave it to the team--more class. Can't wait to see him again. If I get some more good info will report back here in the future. GOVOLS!

Reactions: 6 people
If I had known all this before the game I would have driven up there to watch him in person because it's only about 20 miles away from where I'm at. That particular game was featured on "Thursday Night Lights" on FOX channel 29 or 35; I forget which one. It was just one game but thought it was well-deserved when they gave him the MVP award and it wasn't the team that determined that--TV sportscasters i think. Instead of saying me, me, me he gave it to the team--more class. Can't wait to see him again. If I get some more good info will report back here in the future. GOVOLS!

If you go see him, wear orange. I hope he is a good one.

He threw three picks last week and with 1 tonight he has 8 in 4 games . Two picks per game . He also has 7 carries for a negative 13 yds .... Peyton Manning he's not

Believe what you want and they did mention the ints in past games, I did say he's raw talent but he does have the tools. He managed the game very well in the one I watched, and granted it was only one game. I guess you're also not counting the one he ripped for 21 yards right? Or the 15 yards up the middle. He was sacked a couple of times because the pocket broke down but he never fumbled. Since you didn't see the game I'm sure you are more qualified than me to make a report.

Reactions: 5 people
All I want to know is will he keep it on the zone read. Because darn it we can't win unless he does. (Sarcasm before someone thinks I'm serious)

If you go see him, wear orange. I hope he is a good one.

Trust me, I will. Got my VOLS gear all over my truck. Some guys at work asked me if I had enough orange on my truck and I said you can't have enough orange on it.

Look I am excited to have QD at UT, but for crying out loud let the guy create his own legacy. You are already comparing him to one of the best college QBs in the past 25 years before he is even done with his senior year. He has A LONG way to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Peyton. Come on man.

Exactly! When they get to college some make, some don't, but I'd rather have great potential than no potential. You should at least take some stock in the fact that Satan didn't get him.

Believe what you want and they did mention the ints in past games, I did say he's raw talent but he does have the tools. He managed the game very well in the one I watched, and granted it was only one game. I guess you're also not counting the one he ripped for 21 yards right? Or the 15 yards up the middle. He was sacked a couple of times because the pocket broke down but he never fumbled. Since you didn't see the game I'm sure you are more qualified than me to make a report.

no I didn't see the game I am going off his stats (before the game you saw ) here they are in case you would like to take a look Quinten Dormady's (Boerne, TX) High School Football Stats

I will say comparing him to Manning is pretty much ridiculous

I am excited to see what he kid can do. Anointing him Manning 2 is a little premature. Saying he is better than Manning because of a high school game is just crazy talk. I love the your enthusiasm OP. But, best to take it down a notch. Especially where Saint Manning is involved.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back