5 Games

VOLNPA

Big 10 SUX!
I've always used a "5 game rule" when assessing teams. Although we think we have an idea of a team's prowess, we never really know until a few games are played...i usually make conclusions after 5. Just look at last week. Is kentucky actually a threat? Maybe gators just arent all that. Are the gamecocks overrated? Maybe TA&M and ECU are better than folks thought. Mizzou??? And maybe we are better...but maybe wvu rolls oklahoma tonight. Itll be a lot clearer in 2 more weeks.

Just food for thought during a bye week.

Reactions: 3 people
All I know is that all these crazy matchups are killing me in the weekly pick contest. Brutal this year.

Reactions: 2 people
West Virginia 24-17 in 2nd. So is West Virginia really better than people think. They hung with Alabama. ??????? Who knows.

Reactions: 1 person
I've always used a "5 game rule" when assessing teams. Although we think we have an idea of a team's prowess, we never really know until a few games are played...i usually make conclusions after 5. Just look at last week. Is kentucky actually a threat? Maybe gators just arent all that. Are the gamecocks overrated? Maybe TA&M and ECU are better than folks thought. Mizzou??? And maybe we are better...but maybe wvu rolls oklahoma tonight. Itll be a lot clearer in 2 more weeks.

Just food for thought during a bye week.

This is why, in the long ago days when polls were a relatively new phenomenon, they didn't release the first poll until early October or roughly four games into the season.

Reactions: 1 person
After watching football today. I guess I don't know much about nothing!! Been a crazy day!! I think everybody is getting better or worst. I can't seem to figure it out???? Go Vols!!! I swear after today I think we can beat everybody, and Butch Jones is the best in football getting team ready to play. Seen some terrible football today, and bad coaching on top of it!!!

This season is strange. Nothing seems to be set in stone. Every Saturday nobody knows what team is going to be good or bad.

I think the wvu/oklahoma game says what most of us thought as far as how we compare on paper to wvu. Our d is better than theirs, but their o is more big game ready.

Seems to me every team in the SEC East is vulnerable this year with inconsistency being the norm. The Vols should go into each of these games with a legitimate shot at a win. UGA may be the exception and their close loss to SC being an aberration. We'll see soon.

VN Store

Back