Rant of a Vol fan

Face

VolNation Con Man
Watching the Florida bama game. My two most hated teams.

I'm sick of watching our rivals do simple things we can't seem to do:

Catch a fade in the endzone
Throw a deep ball
Take good angles

I'm sick of the bama worship:

Verne says "Tuscaloosa" like it's freakin heaven.
Gary slobbers over anything bama does, talks about how all things come together for cooper because be plays hard.
Kiffin getting high praise for play calling and QB play.

I'm sick of being snake bit in big moments.

I can't stand the gators, but I also hate we got smashed by them when they went 4-8. Last time we beat them, I was in the 6th grade. I have a 15 year old brother that doesn't remember that last time we beat them.

My first reaction when I hear michigan is losing is "butch will pull a Kiffin."

I tell you what. I'm freaking tired of all this. I think we beat some people this year. I think in games we'll lose, we'll still punch them in the freaking mouth. I think AJ and Sutton will blow some mofos up. I think Worley has a game where he plays out of his mind and gives us a memory we reemerge forever. I think the offensive line growns up before our eyes this year.

I think Hurd hits 1000 yards and has people saying heisman watch for 2015.

I'm tired of losing and watching rivals win, and I think Butch and co feel the pain and turn this $h!+ around this year. Go vols. I don't care how much we've lost, it's a new era.

Reactions: 11 people
Yes...to Jack, Jim, and Jose...and they all showed up.

All he needs is for his woman to leave him and his dog to run away and he'll have a complete day.

He needs to take a deep breath and hang on. The hill we're climbing is steep, and it's big, but we haven't slowed up.

Reactions: 4 people
He needs to take a deep breath and hang on. The hill we're climbing is steep, and it's big, but we haven't slowed up.

I know we're getting there. I guess seeing Gary and Verne slobber over bama and Florida all at once was too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Life can be hard at times and so can being a Vol fan but the trials make the good times that much sweeter. The liquid refreshments mentioned above also help.

Reactions: 1 person
I know we're getting there. I guess seeing Gary and Verne slobber over bama and Florida all at once was too much.

And why were the slobbering over FL anyway??? Continue with your pity party, I'll hang up and listen...:p

Hey OP,

I'm sick of it too. But, I think we're on the upward climb . . . finally. I just hope we can all hold on (fans & coaches) for the rest of the ride, because at our current pace it will be 2016 before we are a consistent condender in the SEC again.

This entire program was gutted and truly had to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Reactions: 2 people
Watching the Florida bama game. My two most hated teams.

I'm sick of watching our rivals do simple things we can't seem to do:

Catch a fade in the endzone
Throw a deep ball
Take good angles

I'm sick of the bama worship:

Verne says "Tuscaloosa" like it's freakin heaven.
Gary slobbers over anything bama does, talks about how all things come together for cooper because be plays hard.
Kiffin getting high praise for play calling and QB play.

I'm sick of being snake bit in big moments.

I can't stand the gators, but I also hate we got smashed by them when they went 4-8. Last time we beat them, I was in the 6th grade. I have a 15 year old brother that doesn't remember that last time we beat them.

My first reaction when I hear michigan is losing is "butch will pull a Kiffin."

I tell you what. I'm freaking tired of all this. I think we beat some people this year. I think in games we'll lose, we'll still punch them in the freaking mouth. I think AJ and Sutton will blow some mofos up. I think Worley has a game where he plays out of his mind and gives us a memory we reemerge forever. I think the offensive line growns up before our eyes this year.

I think Hurd hits 1000 yards and has people saying heisman watch for 2015.

I'm tired of losing and watching rivals win, and I think Butch and co feel the pain and turn this $h!+ around this year. Go vols. I don't care how much we've lost, it's a new era.
The east is wide open this year! 2014 could be the year that THE University of Tennessee is remembered for turning the corner, back to prominence! All our remaining games are winnable!!! Plus, Keshawn Marshall went out in the first quarter today! A lil luck & you never know what may happen!

Dry your tears, OP.

If we hired Saddam(i meant Saban but it auto corrected. Seemed fitting, so I left it) you would be living the media slurping UT and all the wonderful press.

Get over it. They hired the best coach of the last decade or so. It sucks but that's the reality of the situation.

Reactions: 1 person
Dry your tears, OP.

If we hired Saddam(i meant Saban but it auto corrected. Seemed fitting, so I left it) you would be living the media slurping UT and all the wonderful press.

Get over it. They hired the best coach of the last decade or so. It sucks but that's the reality of the situation.

Good post and unfortunately the truth. Bama isn't going anywhere as long as Saban is there. He gets the elite recruits and is a great on the field coach too. Everyone thought Bama was crazy for paying him all that money when they first hired him, but I'd say it was money well spent. I hate Bama but there administration did what was needed to get them back on top.

As for the media, I get tired of hearing it too. It's Bama this and Bama that, but until Bama starts loosing some games it isn't going to change. The media loves Saban and he's proven his worth. If Butch keeps recruiting and developing like he has then maybe we will get in that conversation soon, but for now it's all Bama, and the SEC west teams right now.

I was also in 6th grade when we beat Florida. So we are the same age, but im not as upset. Hard to be too upset when we didn't play lol

VN Store

Back