About Von Pearson injury

volmandu

I know Coach has already said he is out for Georgia but I am thinking is there any chance he recovers for that game. I mean he had a high ankle sprain against Arkansas state. It will be 3 weeks before Georgia game. They have really good rehab programs and he is a super fit athlete.
I know I am being too optimistic but I was really hoping he recovers miracally is next week. Having him and Wolfe in Oklahoma game would have made some difference and will also matter a lot in Georgia game.

I know Coach has already said he is out for Georgia but I am thinking is there any chance he recovers for that game. I mean he had a high ankle sprain against Arkansas state. It will be 3 weeks before Georgia game. They have really good rehab programs and he is a super fit athlete.
I know I am being too optimistic but I was really hoping he recovers miracally is next week. Having him and Wolfe in Oklahoma game would have made some difference and will also matter a lot in Georgia game.

That is 3 weeks (very quick recovery if that's your time table), but if it takes that long to recover, he'd be going into the game without practice and basically stone cold. Let's just hope he's 95% by UF.

Wolf will be good to go at UGA.

Reactions: 3 people
It's all a part of Butch's strategy. Butch says VON is out, Richt believes and doesn't game plan for Von and von get 100+ yards and a couple of touchdowns!!! :D

Reactions: 7 people

No. General recovery of a high ankle sprain is 4 to 6 weeks. If Butch says he doesn't play against Georgia it's likely coming from the doctor and it's extremely unlikely to change. We'll be lucky to have him in the Florida game as that would be 4 weeks of recovery which is minimal.

Reactions: 1 person
No. General recovery of a high ankle sprain is 4 to 6 weeks. If Butch says he doesn't play against Georgia it's likely coming from the doctor and it's extremely unlikely to change. We'll be lucky to have him in the Florida game as that would be 4 weeks of recovery which is minimal.

This. My hopes aren't up for UF...

This. My hopes aren't up for UF...

Mine are. The high ankle sprain may not be severe. If not then the recovery time could be shorter. Plus Von is in great physical shape and has access to excellent medical care. Expect Von to be ready for UF.

High ankle sprains can take forever to recover from. I'm not gonna be too optimistic on Von's return until i see him in shoulder pads

If he was a lineman I would say he may could go at 3-4 weeks. His skill set relies on quick lateral movements and bursts of speed. Knowing this makes me think he is on the 4-6 week timeline.

I hope Malone is ready for the increased workload, because he will be one on one most of the afternoon and Worley will throw it his way.

North and Pig will be solid as usual. Croom is underrated and still learning, he will be just fine this season.

Johnson and Wharton still provide good depth. Don't want to depend on those guys to play too many snaps just yet but they can be productive in their current role.

TE will be back at full strength.

We will be fine for Georgia. Von brings a different element than most so we need him, but we need him 100%. Same goes for Josh Smith.

Reactions: 3 people
There's not much anyone can do about high ankle sprains, no matter how good the rehab programs are. If he's not in pads by Wednesday, he won't play.

"Full article available to subscribers only". Lol, why anyone would pay to be a subscriber to the Tennessean is beyond me. Jmo.

Just roll out a turd and there are always some who snatch it up. Its the same reason ATT and VZW get people to pay $10/mos for smartphone navigation or $30/mos for tethering, when Android already has it built in or available on the phone.

There's not much anyone can do about high ankle sprains, no matter how good the rehab programs are. If he's not in pads by Wednesday, he won't play.

Not true, Butch is jumping the gun. Pearson will definitely be back for UGA and/or FLA. I have not seen his ankle, but I know someone who had a high ankle sprain and he was back to to work in the office within two weeks. /blue font

I would much rather have Von back for the home game a Florida when hes at least 90-95%. No one really expects a whole lot of us at Georgia and I think we still have enough depth to pull an upset. The atmosphere for The Florida game will be CRAZY this year!

I just hope he is back for Florida at this point. I either heard on the radio or read somewhere that they think Von's ankle completely came out of socket when he got rolled up in the Arkansas State game which probably saved him from breaking something. I'm thinking it's pretty severe although I am hoping Butch is just throwing up a smokescreen and Von will play at UGA.

VN Store

Back