We Talking About Playoffs!! "pumping in sunshine"

Milehigh_Vol

Ok, so we just played one of the the best teams in the NCAA last week and if we turn the turnovers in the redzone into points we would have been in the game at the end. So it got me thinking if we could just make it to the SEC championship game this year and win it I don't think the playoff committee (Condoleezza Rice and friends) could keep a SEC champion out of the playoffs. They said all summer and this year that they are putting "Great Emphasis" on the conference championships. I would understand if they decided to leap frog us but, I don't think they can.

So say we go into the SEC championship game 8-4 (I think that will be good enough to win the East.) and beat a unbeaten Auburn, Alabama, LSU, heck even Ole Miss do they put us in the playoff or do you put a West team in?

If we go 11-1 and win the SEC I know we are in. I am just wanting to know your thoughts on how low we can go and force our way in.

water.jpg

Come on in boys!! The water is Orange and fine!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
6-Super-Troopers-quotes.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Similar situation to 07 when we ended up losing the SECCG. So it is a good thought. Just don't see it happening.

Nurse Ratched is on her way

Attachments

• 083aaeaf3a74886e2e83dc39d48f06ee.jpg
    083aaeaf3a74886e2e83dc39d48f06ee.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 721
Similar situation to 07 when we ended up losing the SECCG. So it is a good thought. Just don't see it happening.

I don't either. But if you look to the past and their pressers about the playoffs it would seem like this could be likely. They can't keep what is believed to be the best conference in the NCAA out of the playoffs tho. (Not saying its the best)

Ok, so we just played one of the the best teams in the NCAA last week and if we turn the turnovers in the redzone into points we would have been in the game at the end. So it got me thinking if we could just make it to the SEC championship game this year and win it I don't think the playoff committee (Condoleezza Rice and friends) could keep a SEC champion out of the playoffs. They said all summer and this year that they are putting "Great Emphasis" on the conference championships. I would understand if they decided to leap frog us but, I don't think they can.

So say we go into the SEC championship game 8-4 (I think that will be good enough to win the East.) and beat a unbeaten Auburn, Alabama, LSU, heck even Ole Miss do they put us in the playoff or do you put a West team in?

If we go 11-1 and win the SEC I know we are in. I am just wanting to know your thoughts on how low we can go and force our way in.

Umm... Milehigh, I think you may be just that. High. But I like your enthusiasm. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
I don't either. But if you look to the past and their pressers about the playoffs it would seem like this could be likely. They can't keep what is believed to be the best conference in the NCAA out of the playoffs tho. (Not saying its the best)

I agree with you and in 07 everyone remembers us getting the brakes beat off of us by Florida and we still made the SECCG. If it was down to a 9-4 SEC team and a 12-1 Big 10 team, it would be interesting to see who they would pick.

I agree with you and in 07 everyone remembers us getting the brakes beat off of us by Florida and we still made the SECCG. If it was down to a 9-4 SEC team and a 12-1 Big 10 team, it would be interesting to see who they would pick.

Either way it would be a Dumpster Fire.

Reactions: 2 people
We can beat everyone left on the schedule. Let's say we lose to bama and beat everyone else, that still puts us in the sec title game. If we beat the west champion then the committee would have a hard time keepin us out of the play off , especially with the good showing we had at OU.

View attachment 83304

Come on in boys!! The water is Orange and fine!!!

I like your enthusiam, but to quote Cousn Eddie,

"are you serious, Clark?"

VN Store

Back