Two days on the road with the Volunteers

Awesome article. Allison Maurer's role in helping these young players grow, eat and hydrate correctly will play a huge roll in these players futures this year and on.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow, this fired me up.

“Prepare yourselves,” he says. “It’s gonna be fast. But if you make a mistake? I don’t care. Make it going a hundred miles an hour. One day, somebody in this room is getting married, and this whole team will be at that reception, and you’ll be talking, telling stories. And when you get that bowl ring? A bowl ring is the equivalent of a storybook. The two sides of it tell the story of your season. Team 118 will be bonded by that ring for the rest of their lives.”

I love God, My Family, the USofA and the Vols and there are days I'm not so sure about the first 3.

Reactions: 7 people
Awesome article. Allison Maurer's role in helping these young players grow, eat and hydrate correctly will play a huge roll in these players futures this year and on.

No bun intended?

Reactions: 8 people
Great article, you gotta like our coach and this team.

GO BIG ORANGE!

There are so many cool things in that article, I lost count. Jones loves his players. It's evident in the way he talks about them and how he interacts with them. They always say that teams take on their coach's personality. If that is true, then our team is going to have an attitude of winners.

Great read! 37L1 said it. I like the coach and I like the team. I watched them fight until the end at Norman and I can't wait to see them in SEC play. This team is just going to get better and better.

Further, I think every one of those kids is proud of the T on their helmets.

A phenomenal double-pun!!! From "roll" to "bun intended".

Well done.

giphy.gif

7:06 p.m. Ct

it’s time for tennessee’s final pregame rituals, and the players form a circular mass at the center of the room, but then the referee sticks his head in the door, calling the captains out for the coin toss. “captains, i need you! Gotta go, gotta go!” worley, maggitt, and senior linebacker a.j. Johnson follow him out, and the sounds of the rest of the team muttering the lord’s prayer at a rapid clip echo after them.

“listen up,” says jones. “there is no crowd tonight. All it is, is we’re playin’ ball. Have a great night, men. One!”

right about here, these guys get loud. Before each home game, seven of former vols coach robert neyland’s game maxims are recited in the stadium bearing his name, and the sound of 100,000 or so voices trying to keep time feels like a rhythmless roar in the open ut air. The 70 or so voices doing it in a cramped visitors’ locker room are entirely in unison, and the volume is skull-rattling. The cadence speeds up as they go along, and when they finish blurting out the final maxim (“carry the fight to oklahoma and keep it there for 60 minutes”), they turn and run for the field.

I LOVE the Vols!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back