Question about our future QB status,,,,,,,,,,,,

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Worley is doing great. My question is would there come a point this year where we play a back up qb a lot preparing for next years team?

Reactions: 3 people
We have a tough road so I highly doubt it unless the coaches decide to make a change because of ineffective QB play.

Reactions: 2 people
Worley has clearly earned all significant PT. That being said, it would def help these younger guys to get some snaps against some good opponents, not just during garbage time. we havent had any garbage time any way and Worley def has some areas to imrpove.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley is doing great. My question is would there come a point this year where we play a back up qb a lot preparing for next years team?

I imagine that if we a blowing a team out, or if we are getting blown out badly enough (hopefully the latter scenario will not happen), the coaches will bring in Peterman. They played Peterman in the Utah State game. I suspect that the coaches may redshirt Dobbs this year if it turns out he is not needed. Dobbs of course already has some significant experience, and my personal opinion is that I think he could come in and do well as a Redshirt Sophomore next year. We also have some recruits coming in next year that may vie for the position as freshman including Quentin Dormady and Jauan Jennings.

I don't think that the coaches will bring in a quarterback unless a game gets out of hand, and the reality is that of the games we have remaining there are only two games that I could see us blowing out the team so badly that we can resort to bringing in our second team QB. Those games are the Chattanooga and Vanderbilt games. I obviously think we'll beat Kentucky as well, but I doubt we'll beat them so soundly that we'll be able to pull our starters. After watching the OU game, I doubt that there are going to be any games that we are completely out of early enough to allow Peterman to get much experience either. This is going to be a fun year with a lot of close, competitive games IMHO.

Reactions: 7 people

While we dont have many sr's the ones we do have are playing their guts out right now....not to mention what they've been thru. We need to win as many as we can this year.

Yes, should we be in a blow out game, such as U.T. Chatt or Vandy or Ky. then Peterman will play in that game, once the game is out of reach.

However; at this point, getting bowl eligible is more important to the program than getting Peterman playing time.

What does it matter anyway? Next years q.b. is not even on campus yet.

I would guess that Dormandy arrives in January, just like Bray did and Peterman will play the first few games, just like Simms did, and then Dormandy will take over.

No. This team will be scraping and clawing all year long to accomplish team 118's goals. There's should no time or energy given to next year's team from the coaching staff, IMHO, other than recruiting the 2015 class and playing young players like Barnett, TKJr and Hurd, et al, who can help us win THIS YEAR, who will develop into next year's leaders. As far as QB, no QB besides Worley should see the field this year unless it's during mopup duty when the game has already been decided one way or the other.

Yes, should we be in a blow out game, such as U.T. Chatt or Vandy or Ky. then Peterman will play in that game, once the game is out of reach.

However; at this point, getting bowl eligible is more important to the program than getting Peterman playing time.

What does it matter anyway? Next years q.b. is not even on campus yet.

I would guess that Dormandy arrives in January, just like Bray did and Peterman will play the first few games, just like Simms did, and then Dormandy will take over.

What about Jennings?

No because we won't know if the last game matters until the last game. and even if it doesn't, if were 4-7, Worley has earned and will be given his last game in orange and white.

Alabama is facing the consequences of not playing their backup QB's enough. Simms is average at best and then they are relying on a FSU transfer who looks even worse. I agree with trying to find sometime for a backup, but for us it will be hard to get ahead enough to bring in QB2/QB3.

What about Jennings?

Jennings will end up playing another position. Like so many other high school q.b's that came to U.T. have been switched to db or receiver.

Jermaine Copeland comes to mind as one. Didn't Cedric Wilson play q.b. in high school? Matt Milton played q.b. in high school but ended up being a receiver here before he transferred.

Alabama is facing the consequences of not playing their backup QB's enough. Simms is average at best and then they are relying on a FSU transfer who looks even worse. I agree with trying to find sometime for a backup, but for us it will be hard to get ahead enough to bring in QB2/QB3.

We will be fine! At one point, we had Ainge, Schafer, Leak and I think we had Rick Clausen.

The freshmen played early, in fact, Schafer started the first game of the season against UNLV and Leak never saw the field.

We ended up winning the East and going to the S.E.C. Championship game.

Also, Heath Schuler & Tee Martin seldom played, when they were back ups and we did well when they did become the starters.

We need to play another QB some this year or the coaches will screw up next year because the QB play will not be good enough for lack of experience.

What about Jennings?

Next year, we will have Dormandy, Dobbs, Peterman & Jennings.

We have enough q.b.'s.

Why have a talented athlete like Jennings sit on the bench, when he could possible beat someone out at one of the d.b. positions or he could be a back up at db, who gets significant playing time each game???

Get him on the field

Jennings will end up playing another position. Like so many other high school q.b's that came to U.T. have been switched to db or receiver.

Jermaine Copeland comes to mind as one. Didn't Cedric Wilson play q.b. in high school? Matt Milton played q.b. in high school but ended up being a receiver here before he transferred.

It's true many have went that route but it remains to be seen if Jennings is going to. He wants to be our qb and it looks like CBJ is gonna give em a shot.

Last edited:

Actually its not that their qb's are bad. KIFFIN is!! :p

I imagine that if we a blowing a team out, or if we are getting blown out badly enough (hopefully the latter scenario will not happen), the coaches will bring in Peterman. They played Peterman in the Utah State game. I suspect that the coaches may redshirt Dobbs this year if it turns out he is not needed. Dobbs of course already has some significant experience, and my personal opinion is that I think he could come in and do well as a Redshirt Sophomore next year. We also have some recruits coming in next year that may vie for the position as freshman including Quentin Dormady and Jauan Jennings.

I don't think that the coaches will bring in a quarterback unless a game gets out of hand, and the reality is that of the games we have remaining there are only two games that I could see us blowing out the team so badly that we can resort to bringing in our second team QB. Those games are the Chattanooga and Vanderbilt games. I obviously think we'll beat Kentucky as well, but I doubt we'll beat them so soundly that we'll be able to pull our starters. After watching the OU game, I doubt that there are going to be any games that we are completely out of early enough to allow Peterman to get much experience either. This is going to be a fun year with a lot of close, competitive games IMHO.

but the Vols will thump the Dogs enough to play Petermen ,Dobbs and AJ at QB :)

VN Store

Back