QB Quinten Dormady gives Vols pro-style passer in 2015 class

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Riley Ferguson Archives - Evan's Eleven

if he earns the starting spot,do you think CBJ and company still go with the read option offense ? or what ever it is called

i will admit that i want to see the QB under center and hand the ball off or a play action pass and some sweeps with a full back

nothing like having another blocker back there to keep Worley off the ground

every down ? no,there is a place for the I formation,I just wished they would use it some

UT has a pocket passer in Worley,right now,the read option isn't fooling anybody,so why run it ?

to me it is just slowing down the running backs down,from a small opportunity to hit a fast closing hole

and yes I do speak from my arm chair coaching spot :)

Go Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 6 people
In order:

if he earns the starting spot,do you think CBJ and company still go with the read option offense ? or what ever it is called

Yes. Dormady has almost the exact same 40 time as Dobbs and had a faster shuttle time. He will run it effectively, IMO

i will admit that i want to see the QB under center and hand the ball off or a play action pass and some sweeps with a full back

Watch Alabama or LSU then. You'll get your fill.

Our only FB is Stocstill. He wouldn't have helped as much as you seem to expect him to.

every down ? no,there is a place for the I formation,I just wished they would use it some

They might run it more...if we had an OLine to run block. Since they're struggling with the simplest scheme (block the guy in front of you, yes spread is the simplest), maybe not letting someone Jadaveon Clowney Lane or Hurd by whiffing on a pull is a good call.

UT has a pocket passer in Worley,right now,the read option isn't fooling anybody,so why run it ?

You run it so you don't have to overhaul your offense in the offseason.

to me it is just slowing down the running backs down,from a small opportunity to hit a fast closing hole

There are 3 main elements to a successful zone read: 1. Good mesh, DEnd is removed from play, extra blocker play side. 2. Line blocks the man in front of him, opens hole play side. 3. QB runs down the backside of D or back reads defense and runs to open space on field, wherever it is. We're accomplishing 0 of those points (Worley doesn't keep it, so DE can crash and make the play; Line blocking is suspect; and Hurd goes straight forward while Lane tries to juke out every defender though he's more of a power back). It's not the scheme, it's execution.

I hope you have a sizable buyout. Haha. Jk :)

Second that. Go VOLS!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
He'll keep it...

Against UTC

after what happens at Oklahoma I don't want to see Worley run,he took almost a years worth of a beating in that game

"Yes. Dormady has almost the exact same 40 time as Dobbs and had a faster shuttle time. He will run it effectively, IMO;

i didn't know that SkidsisVFL,maybe CBJ is waiting to have the QB run,when he has some depth at the position,UT can't afford to have Worley go down at all

"I hope you have a sizable buyout."

uuuh well yes i do as a matter of fact :)

Reactions: 3 people
In today's football it seems only the teams that dominate recruiting year in and year out run the old Power I as their main offense successfully. I guess that's because they can just say ok our offense is simple but we will win because we have better and stronger athletes that you do. Try to stop us.

Don't think we have had that kind of talent since the early 2000's. Even Fulmer realized he couldn't run the Power I successfully late in his career and started to change is offense (given recruiting had fallen off).

Reactions: 1 person
In today's football it seems only the teams that dominate recruiting year in and year out run the old Power I as their main offense successfully. I guess that's because they can just say ok our offense is simple but we will win because we have better and stronger athletes that you do. Try to stop us.

Don't think we have had that kind of talent since the early 2000's. Even Fulmer realized he couldn't run the Power I successfully late in his career and started to change is offense (given recruiting had fallen off).

The offense Fulmer/Cutcliffe ran was way more diverse/complex than the current scheme. Offenses have become simpler to play up-tempo and keep defenses vanilla.

For years a lot of people were saying Tennessee needs to change to the read option I bet a lot of those people are the same ones saying we need to switch back to a pro style.

It DOES take execution and technique as well. Example, U. S. Navy, and Ga. Tech. They run pretty well because the cut block well and they hit the hole quickly. ( Gonna get some funny replies on that one.....HAHA)

For years a lot of people were saying Tennessee needs to change to the read option I bet a lot of those people are the same ones saying we need to switch back to a pro style.

I don't remember too many wanting to switch to that offense but Urban Meyer's success at Florida was probably a reason if some did. Most on here have always preferred a pro-style offense and thought we could recruit better to that scheme. I will take anything that works.

I don't remember too many wanting to switch to that offense but Urban Meyer's success at Florida was probably a reason if some did. Most on here have always preferred a pro-style offense and thought we could recruit better to that scheme. I will take anything that works.

I remember hearing a lot about it on call in shows and seeing posts about it on here especially in the last years of Fulmer. People will always complain about the offense no matter what style we run or who is calling plays. I'm guilty of it myself.

Last edited:

Yes. Dormady has almost the exact same 40 time as Dobbs and had a faster shuttle time. He will run it effectively, IMO

So sick of reading this argument on here. 40 times do not make a player an effective runner. Carson Palmer had a faster 40 time than Johnny Manziel. There is no way anyone would have wanted Carson Palmer running all over the field or would have expected him to be effective doing it.

Yeah...NO.

But, we did get an idea of what a leading blocker in front of Hurd can do against Boomer Sooner.

GO VOLS!

GO VOLS!

I miss the wishbone and the single wing

I think we should train Peterman and the entire second team offense to run wishbone and "special plays". Then whenever we need a "change up" to throw off the defense, we can send out the 2nd team. First thing they would do is burn a time out.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember hearing a lot about it on call in shows and seeing posts about it on here especially in the last years of Fulmer. People will always complain about the offense no matter what style we run or who is calling plays. I'm guilty of it myself.

We all are.

So sick of reading this argument on here. 40 times do not make a player an effective runner. Carson Palmer had a faster 40 time than Johnny Manziel. There is no way anyone would have wanted Carson Palmer running all over the field or would have expected him to be effective doing it.

I meant he'll run the offense effectively, but thanks for the useless fact.

VN Store

Back