Nothing but hope at this point...

sjt18

Many of you took your shots at me for questioning the staff and such earlier in the year. I am on vacation and haven't been around since the OU game but am sure that there's been plenty of moaning and groaning and shots taken at both coaches and players.

Frankly, I take nothing but hope away from the OU loss. The D played well against an O that is full of talent and hard to stop. The O kept fighting back. Worley took one of the worst beatings and still kept standing in to make the throw. Yes. He made a couple of mistakes but frankly I saw more drops than poorly thrown balls or bad decisions. Clean those up... and UT is a dangerous O.

I really like the progress from the run game.

This game was tough but most of us figured it would be. OU may be the best team in the country. But UT kept looking for ways to fight over, through, or around.

Clean up the mistakes. Protect Worley better... and good things are going to happen.

Reactions: 29 people
Our O-line got a top notch education from OU's Defense. I hope they can build on what they encountered and become a solid unit.

You got my vote, what are you running for?

Actually not a whole lot of moaning or groaning. I think most of us know that a few holding calls, a credible review of a fumble, a change in a play call on the goal line (had others above happen we don't see the empty backfield on the Goalline) and a few less drops and we are in a very tight game with the 4th ranked team in the country.

I know the above is a whole lot to speculate on but even if some occur it's a closer game than the score indicates. We will catch these breaks as the season wears on.

For the most part it's upbeat here, you will always have doubters and negative fans and a few trolls and the occasional crap stirrer. But that's life as a fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I took my fair share of shots at you over some of your posts. You take it well and fired off some of your own which I can appreciate it.

Solid post, I agree.

Reactions: 1 person
SJT, hope you had a good vacation. There has been nothing but predominately praise for team and staff alike throughout this site since Saturday night. I agree that hope abounds for us Vol faithful and look forward to the continued improvement of this team. I do have a question for you. If this team finishes 6-6 but with continued improvement throughout the season, has Butch done enough in your eyes to justify his continued position as HC and CEO of the Vols?

Many of you took your shots at me for questioning the staff and such earlier in the year. I am on vacation and haven't been around since the OU game but am sure that there's been plenty of moaning and groaning and shots taken at both coaches and players.

Frankly, I take nothing but hope away from the OU loss. The D played well against an O that is full of talent and hard to stop. The O kept fighting back. Worley took one of the worst beatings and still kept standing in to make the throw. Yes. He made a couple of mistakes but frankly I saw more drops than poorly thrown balls or bad decisions. Clean those up... and UT is a dangerous O.

This game was tough but most of us figured it would be. OU may be the best team in the country. But UT kept looking for ways to fight over, through, or around.

Clean up the mistakes. Protect Worley better... and good things are going to happen.

sjt I agree with you 100%. At the end of last year I had joined you in wondering if Jancek could be an SEC coordinator and at this point in the season he has answered that question with a yes. I just hope they continue to build on it and clean up the couple of busts and I believe they have a chance at being a very good defense by the end of the year.

Quite the contrary. The majority of posts have been that UT could have won the game if not for the refs.

Great Post, hope had good vacation.
...but if OU is the best team in the country, then we must have the best Defense in the country. OU could not convert in the 2nd half.
UT is on the rise, and our young team is going to surprise a few SEC teams.

I have never agreed with the OP but there is a first time for everything and this is it. Now SJT admit BJ is one helluva recruiter because that is the name of the game in college ball!

NOTED FROM EARLIER POST: the O-Line got a top notch education. This will pay dividends in the SEC schedule. Will start with Georgia.

Reactions: 2 people
There is more than just hope. Hope is not a strategy and I'm convinced that CBJ has a strategy. When the strategy works, the hope becomes a reality.

SJT, hope you had a good vacation. There has been nothing but predominately praise for team and staff alike throughout this site since Saturday night. I agree that hope abounds for us Vol faithful and look forward to the continued improvement of this team. I do have a question for you. If this team finishes 6-6 but with continued improvement throughout the season, has Butch done enough in your eyes to justify his continued position as HC and CEO of the Vols?

I can live with 6-6. I've held that position all along. Just improve results on the field. I still think this is a 6-8 win team if coached well. My opinion still hasn't changed on that... except I may be a little more confident.

FTR, I have never said nor believed that Jones should get less than 3 years. I have said that poor results this year would set up for a make or break third year.... a hot seat year. I honestly don't think UT can hire a guy and give him less than a 3 year shot.

Who hacked sjt's account?

been 3-0 only 5 times. (1992,1998,2001,2003,2004) here's to hoping that changes next season.

Clean those up... and UT is a dangerous O.

When we rank in the 100's in yards per carry for rushing offense, yards per attempt in passing offense, and yards per play in total offense, with most of those stats coming from 2 of 3 games against weak opponents, I cannot share the excitement of a "dangerous O" unless it is means to say dangerous to ourselves.

I have never agreed with the OP but there is a first time for everything and this is it. Now SJT admit BJ is one helluva recruiter because that is the name of the game in college ball!

I agree that BJ is a helluva recruiter. Not many can turn down a BJ offer.

Here we are four years in and most of these posts are almost identical at this point in time back then. But when the wheels start to fall off, we all come full circle once again.

VN Store

Back