Do you think (expect) us to beat Georgia?

Do you expect us to beat Georgia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

govols105

i expect us to beat Georgia, based on many things...

This teams fight and will to win...

Based off what we showed against Oklahoma toughness and snap and clear mentality

The loss to georgia last year

Having a bye week and 2 weeks to prepare means no excuse for losing this game

Weak crowd due to Noon Kickoff

Georgia is basically one dimensional minus one or two occasional recievers

Georgia doesn't have a great defense

Our Defense should shut their offense down completely.

Coaching should be at our advantage.

Georgia's past of snowballing losses.

GO VOLS!!!:clapping::rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I always expect us to win. I think this game could go either way. It really depends on how much the offensive line grows in the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: 4 people
While I dont share your blind optimism about expecting to win this game, I do think we have a real good chance if we eliminate turnovers and mistakes(could be said for any game we play honestly).

Reactions: 2 people
The big problem in this game is that Georgia is at home and can not afford to lose. I think they come out with an inspired effort. If they lose to Tennessee with a Missouri and Auburn game still on the schedule and I don't think they can win the East.

I think you get Georgia's best and since Georgia still has the better roster and is at home, I think the Dawgs get it done.

But, by all means, feel free to whip dey ass.

Reactions: 7 people
The big problem in this game is that Georgia is at home and can not afford to lose. I think they come out with an inspired effort. If they lose to Tennessee with a Missouri and Auburn game still on the schedule and I don't think they can win the East.

I think you get Georgia's best and since Georgia still has the better roster and is at home, I think the Dawgs get it done.

Dammit, gotta agree with gator, they need this game bad. Richt will be under pressure to feed Gurley the ball, the stars are not aligned very well for us in this one.

The problem is, the dawgs are really, really good at that one dimension. They've got a big experienced OL and 4 very good RBs, that includes 2 absolute beasts in Gurley and Chubb, another explosive runner in Marshall, and Michel has also shown what he can do once he gets in space. They can absolutely wear down a young D with limited depth over the course of a game.

They are certainly beatable, and I think we can win the game, but to do so we will have to be able to run the ball ourselves, with long extended drives, to keep their running attack off the field, or they could absolutely wear our defense out.

After last year I got a feeling that we'll be alittle "inspired" too. Watch out for Pig in this one.

Reactions: 3 people
They are beatable. Like any game though, you have to actually go out there an make the plays.

We'll see if that happens.

Reactions: 1 person

The problem is, the dawgs are really, really good at that one dimension. They've got a big experienced OL and 4 very good RBs, that includes 2 absolute beasts in Gurley and Chubb, another explosive runner in Marshall, and Michel has also shown what he can do once he gets in space. They can absolutely wear down a young D with limited depth over the course of a game.

They are certainly beatable, and I think we can win the game, but to do so we will have to be able to run the ball ourselves, with long extended drives, to keep their running attack off the field, or they could absolutely wear our defense out.

I put their running game slightly better than OU, which we did great against. I put their qb/ passing game much lower than the Sooners!! Their secondary is not good which bodes well for us. I like our chances.

I picked NO. I do not believe we can stop that running game. They have 4 backs that could start for any team in the country. Gurly and Chubb are ridiculous. The only way we win this game is if we can somehow outscore them in the neighborhood of 45-42. They will get their points. Last year was close but only because everyone of importance for them was injured.
I hope I am wrong and eating crow a week from Saturday.

At the beginning of the season, I had this game as one of our sure losses. Now, it feels much more like one of those toss up games. If a couple of breaks go our way, (let's face it, we're due for some good luck) I think we can put them out of the East race. It will take Worley and the receivers being in sync and we can't have drops. On D, we're going to have to sell out against the run, which could harm us in the passing game. Especially the corner opposite Cam.

Reactions: 1 person
if this game were in Knoxville, I'd be a lot more optimistic. Going to Athens at this point in the season will be tough.

Right now I am about a 30% chance for a UT win. UT has showed that can play with anybody, but Georgia has more experienced talent, so it really depends on the Georgia team that shows up. UT deserves the win though, they won last year only to get a unclear possession play overturned by a replay official.

Attachments

• td.jpg
    td.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2
  • td2.png
    td2.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
At the beginning of the season, I had this game as one of our sure losses. Now, it feels much more like one of those toss up games. If a couple of breaks go our way, (let's face it, we're due for some good luck) I think we can put them out of the East race. It will take Worley and the receivers being in sync and we can't have drops. On D, we're going to have to sell out against the run, which could harm us in the passing game. Especially the corner opposite Cam.

if this game were in Knoxville, I'd be a lot more optimistic. Going to Athens at this point in the season will be tough.

I'm kind of along the lines of these. I'm not sure if we can do it, but dammit, I'm not sure that we can't either!

I hate to ... but I pretty much have to agree with a swamp lizzard. And ...

We Gone Whoop Dey Azz!

They are getting back two key players. If our te and wr are back 100 percent I say game can swing either way. If not I doubt we win. They will be playing for blood as there championship hopes rest on this game if they win they still have a shot to national title. If they lose there season will crumble. They will bring there best

I dont expect to win but it is a winnable game. UgA was decimated with injuries last year when we played them, thats really the only reason we were in the game.Iirc they were down to their 3rd string RB, had lost their top 2 WRs, and also a few guys in the secondary.

If we play really well we might pull it off, but UF is much more winnable.

i expect us to beat Georgia, based on many things...

This teams fight and will to win...

Based off what we showed against Oklahoma toughness and snap and clear mentality

The loss to georgia last year

Having a bye week and 2 weeks to prepare means no excuse for losing this game

Weak crowd due to Noon Kickoff

Georgia doesn't have a great defense

Our Defense should shut their offense down completely.

Coaching should be at our advantage.

Georgia's past of snowballing losses.

GO VOLS!!!:clapping::rock:

You could prepare for months to face the US military and still get creamed. Said it before, will say it again. Once you get to the point of manhandling a teams line, you will have your way. Nutshell. Makes everything else easier.

VN Store

Back