North never gave up

SmokeyFTW

Hard Work Beats Talent...
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I thought it should be talked about.

When Worley threw that pick in the end zone. North never had a chance at it, but he chased that guy down and never stopped running after him. I believe this kid really bleeds and loves wearing Orange. Most people would have given up on that play and he didn't. Worley stopped running but North didn't. That was a bad play, but it's one that stood out to me and it showed Norths never give up attitude. You got to love that about the kid, and the fact that he has hands like a catchers mitt. I think we have a lot of kids on this team with this mentality, and that's why this is one of my favorite teams in awhile.

I just wanted to share that. Thanks for reading. All replies are welcome.

Reactions: 31 people
Getting tired of this critique on Worley. He chose not to get blasted by 2 blockers in a useless attempt to catch the guy.

Reactions: 20 people
Are people really getting onto Worley about that? I guess if that's the only thing people can say then that's pretty good.

Reactions: 2 people
Getting tired of this critique on Worley. He chose not to get blasted by 2 blockers in a useless attempt to catch the guy.

I wasn't trying to critique Worley. That wasn't my intent. He showed he would do anything for his team by getting up and going right back to work every time after he got hit. I think you got the wrong idea. I was just stating that North ran as hard as he could until that guy crossed the line. That's all nothing more, nothing less.

And if that's all you got from my post, then you have clearly been reading too many threads on here...
You should separate yourself from the negative

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
And had Worley tried to make a tackle and got hurt people would blast him for that too. Damn if he did, damned if he didn't.

Reactions: 6 people
Worley had no chance to tackle the guy. Worley made a pursuit, but realized it was fruitless.

Great effort by North.

I too noticed North pursue all the way down the field and commented to others where I was watching. Now imagine if the guy HAD dropped the ball half a second earlier before he crossed the goal line...how big could North's not giving up been then?

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't trying to critique Worley. That wasn't my intent. He showed he would do anything for his team by getting up and going right back to work every time after he got hit. I think you got the wrong idea. I was just stating that North ran as hard as he could until that guy crossed the line. That's all nothing more, nothing less.

And if that's all you got from my post, then you have clearly been reading too many threads on here...
You should separate yourself from the negative

You used Worley's effort as a counter to your praise for North. It's been done in many other threads already. You can praise one without the negative against the other
I too notices North pursue all the way down the field and commented to others where I was watching. Now imagine if the guy HAD dropped the ball half a second earlier before he crossed the goal line...how big could North's not giving up been then?
Don't think he picked up the ball though

True...he never would have caught "anyone" anyway.
I'm surprised he could still see. :thud:

GO VOLS!

And had Worley tried to make a tackle and got hurt people would blast him for that too. Damn if he did, damned if he didn't.

- Don't call a pass on 3rd and 2 on the 4 out of an empty backfield.
- If you do don't stare down your intended target.
- When there's 2 defenders converging on the stared down target throw it to someone else.

Do those things and we won't be talking about whether or not he gave effort to make a tackle.

I too noticed North pursue all the way down the field and commented to others where I was watching. Now imagine if the guy HAD dropped the ball half a second earlier before he crossed the goal line...how big could North's not giving up been then?

I could see Butch using that as a teaching moment. What if he drops it? Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. What if you can strip it from behind? North is my kind of player and if the rest of the team shows that kind of fight then this season will be better than predicted. It has been many years since I have been as proud of a Tn team. They are getting that IT factor that champions have. Go Big Orange.

North is far and away my favorite Vol for the last couple years. I love how he always goes hard even though he doesn't have the best stats, he never complains, he just keeps giving his all. Hope he stays the next two years. Super excited to see North, Williams, Malone, Croom, Wharton, Smith, Pig and Pearson next year.

You used Worley's effort as a counter to your praise for North. It's been done in many other threads already. You can praise one without the negative against the other

Well, I didn't mean to give the wrong impression, but ppl can also learn to see the good I was trying to say without thinking about what could possibly be a negative comment even though it wasn't.

OP I noticed the effort also. Even though UT lost, the effort was in place for the entire game.

Yea it was, that was just one pay that really stood out for me, but there are multiple examples in that game of a never give up attitude.

North is far and away my favorite Vol for the last couple years. I love how he always goes hard even though he doesn't have the best stats, he never complains, he just keeps giving his all. Hope he stays the next two years. Super excited to see North, Williams, Malone, Wharton, Smith, Pig and Pearson next year.

OP I noticed the effort also. Even though UT lost, the effort was in place for the entire game.

It was.

What is really sad is that because of previous administrations, it's a pleasant surprise for us to see effort the entire game. I forgot how nice that was.

Thanks Dooley.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back