Now I fully understand just how important

SpeedyVOL

AJ Johnson's decision to come back was for our football team. He is not only a beast on the field, but he motivates the rest of the defense with his emotional play. He definitely is the field general out there on defense. Thank you AJ for your decision to return.:rock:

Reactions: 21 people
I thought it great when he announced simply because he's a leader. He's able to show his true talent now with help. He might be subject to being a step slow, but I think he'll have an impact in the league for years to come. He truly deserves it too. The guy just bleeds Orange and he's one you can never say that he didn't give his all for Tennessee.

Reactions: 4 people
Ditto... this ended up being Peyton Manningesque as far as it applied to our defense...I think he ends up making a lot more NFL money in the process.

Reactions: 4 people
He may not be the fastest... But when he gets his hands on you.... You are on the ground PERIOD

I thought it great when he announced simply because he's a leader. He's able to show his true talent now with help. He might be subject to being a step slow, but I think he'll have an impact in the league for years to come. He truly deserves it too. The guy just bleeds Orange and he's one you can never say that he didn't give his all for Tennessee.

His slowness and not being able to drop back and cover a tight end may be his biggest short coming.

Not sure he will make it in the NFL but I think he is better than the former Notre Dame L.B. Tao, who plays for S.D.

His slowness and not being able to drop back and cover a tight end may be his biggest short coming.

Not sure he will make it in the NFL but I think he is better than the former Notre Dame L.B. Tao, who plays for S.D.

I think he will do just fine in the NFL! He has improved his speed and angles to the ball carrier/receivers. First or second round.

Reactions: 1 person
Something is wrong if AJ isn't selected first team All-America. His pass coverage is much improved and he will be drafted. :twocents:

I was one who cynically posted that he was coming back because he wasn't NFL material, but he has been very important to our team this year. In addition to the measurables (tackles, sacks, etc. ) he brings intangibles that are difficult to measure, such as the ability to motivate and his leadership skills.

He and Sutton are what make this defense go. He is clearly faster and making more plays this season. I think he can contribute at the next level. Not sure he's a 3 down LB, but to be honest i don't care. At this level he's a special player and gives every ounce for the orange on Saturdays. Wouldn't trade him for anyone.

AJ Johnson's decision to come back was for our football team. He is not only a beast on the field, but he motivates the rest of the defense with his emotional play. He definitely is the field general out there on defense. Thank you AJ for your decision to return.:rock:

:lolabove:

Without AJ probably a different team, and I don't mean better team. :rock:

GO VOLS!

AJ will do well in the NFL. Think about the Zack Thomas. Not really the fastest, but was always in a good position.

He's still not the swiftest of foot but he's improved his speed. He's a headhunter and an emotional leader. I'm a fan of our defense's style.

I believe that AJ has gotten much faster in the off season. He has covered much of the field very quickly in both past coverage and run support it's amazing that he can go can cover the outside edges and be in a position to make a tackle as well as drop back in to pass coverage. This was not a possibility last year. I think you guys are still giving him the raw deal from before, but yet he has demonstrated in three consecutive games his ability to cover the past against slot receivers and backs on swing passes.

AJ is better than Manti but won't make it in the nfl? You do know last I checked Manti Te'o is starting for the chargers.

VN Store

Back